REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Pet Forum

Pet Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Where my dogs at?! In here..
Where pet lovers congregate..

Old 07-20-2011, 08:55 AM   #1
NNT
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Do animal control people got authority for pet owners ID?

I was talking to anther dog owner at the park about city increasing animal control people for ticketing off leash and dogs without license. Basically I was told the animal control people don't have authority to ask for the pet owners ID so if anyone was approach they can just let leave the scene with the dog and ignore the animal control to avoid the ticket. (and of course make sure they didn't touch your dog so they cant copy down the license number). just wondering if any one know if that's true.
Advertisement
NNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:00 AM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

never heard of this before....I bought my dog from a breader so I have no license for him oh well if they gave me a ticket I wouldn't pay for it another money grab....
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:14 AM   #3
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
^ you get the license at city hall
Posted via RS Mobile
Fafine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:22 AM   #4
NNT
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

yeah, you can get license at city hall or online, cost like $30 a year. my only concert for ticketing is off leash at public area, I lived DT and there are a few park that are not suppose to be off leash but people off leash their dogs anyway (so am I) if get caught that's a $250 ticket, (same as no license)
NNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #5
VLS Pet Forum Mod

They can ask, you can refuse. But this also means they can call the police. As they are working as city officials the same as parking by-law extra. You are better off saying you didn't know it wasn't a designated off-leash area as you see dogs off-leash there all the time and see if they will let you off.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:10 PM   #6
I bringith the lowerballerith

You can just play dumb and say you didn't know,you can refuse,but it's more fun to give them a fake name & address.

I have 3 dogs and none of them have licenses,one time a Vancouver animal control officer tried to get close to me and ask and see if any of my dogs were licensed,sure enough he backed off rightaway when 3 snarling pitbulls went into defense mode.
spyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:58 PM   #7
SardaukarMod

in the city of vancouver, animal control acts as a city prosecutor for animal-related bylaw offences. that means that as prosecutors, they can get your information from the VPD in order to proceed with the bylaw prosecution.
2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 in Reflex Silver (SOLD)
2007 Suzuki SV650N in Oort Grey (SOLD)
seakrait is offline   Reply With Quote