REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-20-2011, 10:19 AM   #1
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

used-car appraisal websites for canadian cars

Hi!

So I've been exploring the car market for the past couple months and finally, I'm set to make the potential purchase of a 2006 Lexus is250 from a private seller. However, I want to prepare myself prior to my negotiations with him. Does anyone here know a website that will evaluate all relevant information of the car and provide me with a price range that the car should be valued within? Cheers, thanks in advance!

p.s. If anyone is familiar with the is250, I'd be most appreciative if you could give me your personal appraisal of the car. The car is RWD, and has about 86000km. No accidents, and the car itself was purchased at Richmond Lexus.
Advertisement
ParadiseLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:31 AM   #2
hoppity HOP HOP

Thanked 1,617 Times in 522 Posts
There's the Kellie Blue Book site for Americans, but it should be applicable for North American anyway:
Used Cars, Car Prices and Blue Book Values - Kelley Blue Book
Spectre_Cdn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2011, 11:15 AM   #3
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Did further research on google, and someone commented I should go over to ICBC and ask for a valuation of the car I'm purchasing? Has anyone been through this process?
ParadiseLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:49 AM   #4
lol
Need my Daily Fix of RS

The price, like anything, is based on the market. More specifically the location of the market, and the availability of such units.

If you want this IS250 it can range from market to market as far as price. For example you may find the same vehicles value be less in Ontario than in BC. Likewise you can probably find pick up trucks cheaper in Alberta than in BC.

The point of my post is, I think the blue book value is pretty vague and the best way to find the true market value is to look at other IS250's in the location for which you are buying. After you've done that, look at what they go for back east, and also compare their price in various areas of the US.
-craigslist
-autotrader
-ebay

Maybe at the end of the day with our dollar it would be worth it for you to buy a car from Texas if it works out to be less minus shipping and other border fees.

Anyway ya, good luck.
lol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:29 PM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
^ Sound advice there

Canadian Black Book
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote