REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:55 AM   #1
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
court and icbc

I got a ticket last year in october for no N sign but the officer gave me "contrary to restrictions"

so then i filed a late dispution at hornby court after the 30 days period i was allowed to dispute as i did not know about such thing as dispution back then

anyways !
so one day i had to renew my insurance, the place told me that i had an outstanding ticket which was the one i got in october, so i asked them what do i do and she said just pay it and you ll plead guilty, so i did and i paid it and got my insurance renewed

BUT in the mail i got my court date for this ticket !

what do i do now?

i only have a few more hours till my flight to asia and i wont be back till sept 7 and the court date is sept 8th...

any help would be grateful

thanks !
Advertisement
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:37 PM   #2
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,308 Times in 1,776 Posts
Looks like you pleaded guilty by paying.

Best bet would be to call the court house and see if you're still scheduled. If you are, you should be able to cancel it since you've already paid/pleaded guilty.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:09 PM   #3
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
if you already paid then just cancel the court date ? Unless you wanna go into another hassle trying to get the $ back from the ticket because you want to dispute it, if that's even possible. Plus "contrary to restriction" is correct, because we ARE supposed to have an N sign at all times and if we break it we're "driving contrary to restriction" so idk what you were trying to dispute in the first place

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:55 PM   #4
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
alright thanks guys

and it was a school constable
I drive with N sign all the time, but that day some dick fuck took my sign
and he pulls me over within 5 mins driving out of the lot and slapped me a ticket, even though i explained i was a student there etc etc
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:46 PM   #5
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
If your sign was inside your car then it would be a lot harder for some D... F... to steal it next time. The fact you go to school there has nothing to do with you not being abe to figure out a way to retain your N. First you file a dispute outside the legally required 30 day time limit and they give you a break and let you dispute (even though this information is written on the back of the VT), then in the meantime you pay the VT, further adding to the confusion, then the court date is not suitable because of plans you have made....and you have a bit of attitude against people who require you to follow the rules? Maybe that explains why you got the VT from the school liason officer....I think we see the source of your trouble.

You have the court date you requested, which they gave you when they didn't have to, so why are you not ready to go to court and tell the JP why you violated the restrictions printed on the back of your licence...and expect him to cancel the VT you already plead guilty to once before? Wish I could be there to hear the trial.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 08:28 PM   #6
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
If your sign was inside your car then it would be a lot harder for some D... F... to steal it next time. The fact you go to school there has nothing to do with you not being abe to figure out a way to retain your N. First you file a dispute outside the legally required 30 day time limit and they give you a break and let you dispute (even though this information is written on the back of the VT), then in the meantime you pay the VT, further adding to the confusion, then the court date is not suitable because of plans you have made....and you have a bit of attitude against people who require you to follow the rules? Maybe that explains why you got the VT from the school liason officer....I think we see the source of your trouble.

You have the court date you requested, which they gave you when they didn't have to, so why are you not ready to go to court and tell the JP why you violated the restrictions printed on the back of your licence...and expect him to cancel the VT you already plead guilty to once before? Wish I could be there to hear the trial.
I'm still trying to grasp as to where did the op give attitude ? i believe he's just asking for help since he wont be here and wont be back til the day before his date, which he should still be able to make so i dont think that the court date is unsuitable for him. And i think he's just wondering as to what he should do now since he paid the VT, but has a court date. My best guess is just cancel the court date like i said

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:33 PM   #7
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBruegmann View Post
I'm still trying to grasp as to where did the op give attitude ?
Posting a question about authority is a sign..

Quote:
then in the meantime you pay the VT, further adding to the confusion
Correct me if I'm wrong, but dont you have an option to just say your guilty, pay it anyways and move on? Before even reaching court?

Anyways, regardless... Take the N off when you park and leave it on your seat to remind you. Stolen or not, it just was not there when you got stopped. Cop isnt out to make your life more difficult. When I had my N I remember leaving somewhere and a lot of kids running past my car, within 5 minutes of leaving the parking lot I got pulled over, cop asks me "WHERES YOUR N??" I say on the car? He allows me to get out go look and its not there, he laughs, hands me my N back which apparently got taken off as he watched me back out of the space no ticket
rriggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:54 PM   #8
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xilley View Post
I got a ticket last year in october for no N sign but the officer gave me "contrary to restrictions"

so then i filed a late dispution at hornby court after the 30 days period i was allowed to dispute as i did not know about such thing as dispution back then
I'm not sure what your basis for dispute is in the first place? If you didn't have your N clearly displayed, then this is a valid charge, and there were no grounds to dispute it anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:16 PM   #9
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Where did he give attitude?

"and he pulls me over within 5 mins driving out of the lot and slapped me a ticket, even though i explained i was a student there etc etc

Sounds like a bit of an edge to me. As I said, he has been the author of his own misfortune, starting with not figuring how to protect his required N, all the way thru late disputing (which he says he didnt know how, even though instructions are on the VT he got) to the payment of the VT which he wants to dispute on his terms alone...even though he knows there are no grounds to dispute it.

I'm NOT trying to crucify the OP in any way. It's not like he robbed a bank or something...just someone who got lazy, got a VT and now wants the system to suit him when he knows he is 100% wrong. I'm sure if there was a $1000 fine for no N, he would have figured out a way to always make sure it was there.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote