REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-20-2011, 02:40 PM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
getting a class 3 licence

anyone here have one?

few questions I have as to getting it.

I've asked a few friends if I need to have an air brake endorsement before I do the icbc computer exam for a class 3, but none of my friends seem to remember how they obtained theirs since they've all had theirs for 5+ years..some 20+ years haha.

so can anyone shed some light on this for me? I've read the book several times, so do I just walk into icbc and take a class 3 computer exam? and then take northshore driving schools program that includes airbrakes in it or what?
Advertisement
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:23 PM   #2
Driving around in circles

Thanked 1,370 Times in 272 Posts
I got my airbrakes after I did the computer exam if I rmb right
!Kodamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
At the time, my work had a single axle flatdeck and a tandem axle bin truck, both with air brakes.

I took my air brake endorsement weekend course (which is boring as shit BTW) and brought my paperwork into ICBC to change my license. That allowed me to drive the flatdeck (class 5 w/ air).

Then I took the class 3 written and several months later, class 3 road test.

Both trucks were more or less the same to drive, except the load capacity and the flatdeck didn't require a pre-trip log book to be filled out if I got pulled over.

For the air brake endorsement weekend course, both days were boring ass in the classroom. If you only wanted the endorsement to drive something like my flatdeck (class 5 + air), there was a pre-trip test after class on Sunday. If you wanted to get your class 3 you didn't have to take the pre-trip test because they would test you on it when you took your road test.

So if you want to get your class 3, you need air brake endorsement course, written test, then road test (including pre-trip).

All the written test stuff is in the book. When you do your pre trip part of the road test, make sure you follow the procedure to a tee and point out exactly what you're looking at (inspection sticker valid, visual inspection of compressor, belts good, timing bressure build up, etc). When you're on the roadtest, do not shift in an intersection or over railroad tracks either. From a stop, I usually take off in 2nd gear (normal grade) and could be into 5th by the time I'm across - DO NOT do that during your test no matter how slow it is.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2011, 03:35 PM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
Let me google that for you
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-20-2011, 03:41 PM   #5

The ICBC site doesn't specifically say if you need the endorsement BEFORE you take the Class 3 written test.

fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol

RSUV #7

Last edited by fliptuner; 07-20-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:35 PM   #6

thanks fliptuner!

helps me out a lot, cause i was looking at the NSDS website and ill be taking the class 3 autoshift course and was curious cause some friends told me i need my airbrake endorsment prior to the class 3, yet NSDS says that theres 16 hours of air brake theory involved in the autoshift course.

well...guess im 1 step closer to apply to be a firefighter now!!
Old 07-20-2011, 06:02 PM   #7
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,578 Times in 934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
The ICBC site doesn't specifically say if you need the endorsement BEFORE you take the Class 3 written test.
it does if you look

http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing...ng-learnerslic

Quote:
The commercial air brake knowledge test
To write the air brake knowledge test, you must pass an air brake course or have acceptable proof of air brake experience
. You can attempt the air brake course three times. After that you must re-do part of the air brake course. You also need to know the material presented in Chapters 2, 7, 8 and 9 of Driving Commercial Vehicles to pass this test.

The Air Brake 15 endorsement is automatically added to the commercial Learner’s driver licence so you can practice with air brake equipped vehicles.

If you take your knowledge test for a commercial licence and air brake at the same time, you are charged only a single fee.
What if my Learner’s (L) licence is expired?

vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-20-2011, 09:49 PM   #8
Need my Daily Fix of RS

if u get a class 3 or any other trucks of the sort do u get a picture of a truck on the back of ur licence. i know with the 6 u get a little picture of a motorbike beside a car on the back haha
Old 07-20-2011, 10:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatty View Post
if u get a class 3 or any other trucks of the sort do u get a picture of a truck on the back of ur licence. i know with the 6 u get a little picture of a motorbike beside a car on the back haha
lol that thought crossed my mind hahaha, i like the little suv looking car and bike on the back...do they put a semi on there as well???
Old 07-20-2011, 11:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatty View Post
I guess that's a new thing since I have a Class 3 and 6 w/ 15 endorsement. I guess I'll find out if they put all three vehicles on there when I renew next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaminG View Post
Air brake knowledge test /= Class 3 learners test.

RSUV #7