REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Pet Forum

Pet Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Where my dogs at?! In here..
Where pet lovers congregate..

Old 07-23-2011, 10:17 AM   #1
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Missing Cat

My cat went missing last night, the last time he was seen was at around 12:30am. It's weird cause no windows were open for him to run out of :S we searched everywhere in the house and still couldn't find him

He's all black, half siamese
Pretty small and slender, he turns 2 in September
Doesn't have any tattoo's in his ear cause we haven't nudered him yet (I know, stupid)
Went missing in the SE Marine Dr and Elliot/Victoria area

He's the one on the left

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Advertisement
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
sorry to hear that. My buddies cat was missing for a week and ended up coming back home after the time so hopefully thats the case. If he comes to shaking a bag of treats or something walk around the neighborhood that might attract him.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:25 PM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

yah, there's no need to be worried just yet, cats usually find there way home.. when they want to come home that is.
Old 07-23-2011, 01:35 PM   #4
Big Drama Show

the thing is, it's an indoor cat. it's never really been outside before..
Old 07-23-2011, 03:13 PM   #5
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
do you have any weird chinese neighbours? that might be ur answer, jokes uh, shouldnt worry too much, my friends cat disappeared for a week and came back covered in mud and with battle scars lol
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:24 PM   #6
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Between 12:30 am and when you realized he was missing, did anyone open the door at all? If it seems highly unlikely that he could have somehow escaped, then he might still be inside your home. Is it possible he got into somewhere to hide and then got stuck and can't come out? Cats are extremely good at hiding. I never believed people when they told me this same thing, until I experienced it myself.

A foster cat I had hid for a long time. We checked everywhere - every closet, every nook and cranny. Could not find him. I came to the conclusion that he must have bolted when the door opened. Well, just when I got back inside from an outside search, he appeared in front of me. To this day, we still have NO idea where he hid and there were 4 of us actively looking throughout the entire house. And this house isn't big at all and clutter-free for the most part.

Either way, I hope you find him! Most indoor cats, when out by themselves, generally don't travel that far. They find a hiding place and hide really well because they're so scared. Good luck!
babycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:36 PM   #7
Banned (ABWS)

^Haha so true. When we first got our cat, one day my mom called me freaking out because she thought the cat somehow managed to get out of the house because she couldn't find it anywhere in the house. It turns out, the cat managed to fit itself under the sofa in a corner against the wall and was just chilling out. After that, my mom put a bell on her collar Eventually, that cat figured out how to walk without the bell ringing tho...

Anyways, hope the cat comes back, and look at all possible hiding places in case it is still in the house!
Jermyzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:25 PM   #8
Big Drama Show

Found the cat inside a bush right behind the barbeque lol

We came the conclusion he snuck into the homestay's room and ended up jumping out the window after he closed the door. I think my cat was too scared to really roam around, so i'm pretty sure he was chillin in that bush for a good 18 hours..He puked up leaves in the living room this morning

Hopefully he's ok, I think i'm gonna take him to a vet soon cause we think he might've hurt himself after the 2 story jump.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:32 PM   #9
Banned By Establishment

Awesome shit bro!

Next time buy a dog
Skyline350gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #10
hoppity HOP HOP

Thanked 1,617 Times in 522 Posts
glad to hear you got it back - in richmond, at least two cats have been killed by raccoons recently
Posted via RS Mobile
Spectre_Cdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:49 PM   #11
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
A couple of months ago, the movers were going in and out of the house. After the movers left the goddamned cat was gone. My gf was all stressed out and both of us were walking up and down the streets shaking a bag of treats yelling out the cat's name. A couple of hours in, after calling the SPCA, the movers, everyone, we decided to check back at home base and we heard a meowing sound. Fucking cat crawled behind the stove and then under it! I don't know how. Them house cats are pussies.

I've owned both indoor and outdoor cats. Indoor cats are scared of everything. My old outdoor cat, many years ago, went up to a big dog and clawed it's face without any fear.

Glad to hear you found your cat! I know how it feels.

Last edited by Matlock; 07-24-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Matlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:51 PM   #12
Big Drama Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
A couple of months ago, the movers were going in and out of the house. After the movers left the goddamned cat was gone. My gf was all stressed out and both of us were walking up and down the streets shaking a bag of treats yelling out the cat's name. A couple of hours in, after calling the SPCA, the movers, everyone, we decided to check back at home base and we heard a meowing sound. Fucking cat crawled behind the stove and then under it! I don't know how. Them house cats are pussies.

I've owned both indoor and outdoor cats. Indoor cats are scared of everything. My old outdoor cat, many years ago, went up to a big dog and clawed it's face without any fear.

Glad to hear you found your cat! I know how it feels.
lol no doubt man, my cat is timid and tame as shit. My cat isn't even nudered but I bet it still couldn't show enough dominance to mate with a female cat
Old 07-25-2011, 12:35 AM   #13
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,382 Times in 416 Posts
lol better than my buddies girlfriend.
she found her cat (family of 6 looking) chilling in an extra fish bowl down in the basement.
god knows how flexible cats are, small bowl too.
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:00 AM   #14
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 4,359 Times in 382 Posts
haha.. reading all these comments just reminds me of how relieved and happy I am to find my cat everytime he runs away or goes missing for a period of time
ShanghaiKid is offline   Reply With Quote