REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   How did you find the right "hairstyle" for you? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/650314-how-did-you-find-right-hairstyle-you.html)

BT 07-23-2011 11:44 PM

How did you find the right "hairstyle" for you?

I'm just curious to know how you figured out what hairstyle was the "right" one for you. I'm getting tired of getting the typical fauxhawk but my barber has told me its probably the best style for me since my hair naturally sticks up. It just seems too overplayed for me though and I've been trying to find a new style for the past year to no avail. Any ideas?

SkinnyPupp 07-24-2011 12:05 AM

I used to get a fauxhawk too, but eventually it developed into a Mohawk :lol
Posted via RS Mobile

dlo 07-24-2011 12:20 AM

Shave ur head and try diff style till it works lol, I'm used to shaved now
Posted via RS Mobile

Qmx323 07-24-2011 09:13 AM

pretty much just try anything with an open mind, i used to have medium hair and it was bitch to style every morning

I then tried shaved, which was pretty good for a 1 year or 2 then now i just keep it shaved on the sides and short on the top

tiger_handheld 07-24-2011 09:42 AM

i've had the same hairstyle since 11 years ago...
it's hard to find examples of dudes hairstyles...

Glove 07-24-2011 10:00 AM

Buzz cut my head,

Free is right for me
Posted via RS Mobile

Stealthy 07-24-2011 11:16 AM

Trial and error.
I stuck with a kind of fauxhawk because it's easy to form, fast and doesn't look too bad.

I shaved my head once and I have an irregular hairline so that didn't last long :/

DiiCii 07-24-2011 03:47 PM

i've had a fauxhawk for about 2 and a half years now. and i trim it every 2-3 weeks. it's funny cause i never liked fauxhawks to begin with. but then my girlfreind listened to k-pop, specifically taeyang. and i let her style my hair and she wanted it like his. eventually, it grew on me from there on. from there on, i've been trimming my own hair every couple of weeks:lol i have friends that spend about $100 for their cuts.. but from trial and error, and shitting brix the first few times. i've saved quite a bit of money by cutting my hair:fullofwin:

Ronin 07-24-2011 05:39 PM

I have a friend that just takes a straight razor to wet hair and goes to town like hacking vegetation in the rainforest with a machete.

jeedee 07-24-2011 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiiCii (Post 7522845)
from there on, i've been trimming my own hair every couple of weeks:lol i have friends that spend about $100 for their cuts.. but from trial and error, and shitting brix the first few times. i've saved quite a bit of money by cutting my hair:fullofwin:

Yeah same, i just DIY. It saves ALOT of money if you think about it. And the fact my hair grows long doesn't help, so I just trim it every 2-3 weeks.

instantneedles 07-24-2011 11:12 PM

If you dont have a job that requires you to have a maintain a certain "professional image", you're pretty much free to play around a bit... Grow your hair out so u have more options to choose from. More hair = long hairstyles + short hairstyles. Short hair = limited hairstyles and short hairstyles only. As a teenager, I've gone thru many hairstyles including dragonball z hairstyle, fauxhawks, short clean cut ones.... And the hairstyle I am at now... No hairstyle... Why? Because I'm a fucking man and even though it's good to present yourself well... I'm not gonna be a lady and spend years and decades on every aspect of my hair to make myself picture perfect...
Posted via RS Mobile

trancehead 07-25-2011 01:56 AM

find one that fits your headshape. certain styles do not compliment certain shapes

TRDeol 07-25-2011 09:38 AM

Use to have a fauxhawk and then eventually it just turned into messy type style. Had them same hair for like 3 years, i want to change it up

BT 07-25-2011 11:18 PM

Would you guys recommend trying to find like a stylist? I want to change up my hair style for sure but like someone posted above you need to find one that fits your head shape!

PJ 07-26-2011 06:51 AM

Google around and see what your head/face shape is, and look around to see what hair looks good with it. Nothing wrong with searching around to make yourself look good and presentable.

em1.ac 07-26-2011 06:55 AM

I have a round shaped head, so buzz cut 1.5 top faded out to 0 with 5 day facial hair is my style!
Posted via RS Mobile

TheMatty 07-27-2011 10:07 AM

lol looks like everyone rocked/rocks the fauxhawk. had mine for about 5 yrs, trying out something new right now. been watching too much mad men and made it look like im from the 60s, makes me look like a hipster when i wear thicker rimmed glasses tho. i would like it to grow out to a rockabilly pompadour and see how i like that

jello24 07-30-2011 03:39 PM

i shaved my head in high school just to see how it feels. Loved the cold feel on winters and the ventilation in summers, so i decided to not rock anything else.

also, its a welcome change from the spiked hair/fauxhawk look that every guy wore in high school.

npizz 08-05-2011 01:12 PM

Hahahaha, cutting your own hair is so much better. But if you like getting a fresh fauxhawk, it can get hard to make sure everything is even and since it's super short, mistakes can get noticed but after awhile you get used to it.

Depending on how your head is thats what you should go for your cut, oval = fauxhawk, round = like spread out shorter fauxhawk. But never grow your hair out long though, its pretty homo and hard to maintain lmfao.

PJ 08-05-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by npizz (Post 7535706)
But never grow your hair out long though, its pretty homo and hard to maintain lmfao.

This assumption says more about yourself than others. There's plenty of people who aren't "homo" and rock longer hair.
Everyone has different personalities and styles.

K-Dub 08-05-2011 03:05 PM

Asians...which of you have a quiff/pompadour? It's not too common for Asians to do this, but I want to try.

PJ 08-05-2011 05:27 PM

I think it's hard for most Asians to have those styles.. because our hair is naturally thinner - and I'd imagine you need thicker hair for those.. or lots and lots of hair product.

Spidey 08-05-2011 05:53 PM

If you go to a real stylist, and not a 10-15 clip job, you should be able to come out with a hairstyle that can accomodate various styles.. I can do a faux hawk, messy look, conservative, and a bit of all of the above... your cut shouldn't be restricted to ONE style, unless it is a mohawk or buzz or crew cut... you can have medium to long hair and be able to style if multiple ways.

Spidey 08-05-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by npizz (Post 7535706)
Hahahaha, cutting your own hair is so much better. But if you like getting a fresh fauxhawk, it can get hard to make sure everything is even and since it's super short, mistakes can get noticed but after awhile you get used to it.

Depending on how your head is thats what you should go for your cut, oval = fauxhawk, round = like spread out shorter fauxhawk. But never grow your hair out long though, its pretty homo and hard to maintain lmfao.

fresh faux hawk? asisn stylist cut faux hawks differently from western stylist.. i hate how asian stylist cut faux hawks because you can't style it any other way but a faux hawk... here is an example of asian faux hawks: http://file.vustv.com/xZKCt1xjP-YGE.jpg

this is a more versatile type where you can style if diff ways:
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/e...FohawkHair.jpg

the sides of roddick could be shorter, but the key is in the fade... not just clipped up and down like the first pic.. also with a good cut, you should be able to grow it out a bit without the sides looking like they are growing out sideways (like most asian hair does)

Jackygor 08-05-2011 08:12 PM

I change it up as often as I can, even if it is just minor difference.