REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 07-23-2011, 11:44 PM   #1
BT
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

How did you find the right "hairstyle" for you?

I'm just curious to know how you figured out what hairstyle was the "right" one for you. I'm getting tired of getting the typical fauxhawk but my barber has told me its probably the best style for me since my hair naturally sticks up. It just seems too overplayed for me though and I've been trying to find a new style for the past year to no avail. Any ideas?
Advertisement
BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:05 AM   #2
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
I used to get a fauxhawk too, but eventually it developed into a Mohawk
Posted via RS Mobile
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:20 AM   #3
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
Shave ur head and try diff style till it works lol, I'm used to shaved now
Posted via RS Mobile
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:13 AM   #4
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
pretty much just try anything with an open mind, i used to have medium hair and it was bitch to style every morning

I then tried shaved, which was pretty good for a 1 year or 2 then now i just keep it shaved on the sides and short on the top
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:42 AM   #5
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
i've had the same hairstyle since 11 years ago...
it's hard to find examples of dudes hairstyles...

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:00 AM   #6
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,619 Times in 378 Posts
Buzz cut my head,

Free is right for me
Posted via RS Mobile
Glove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:16 AM   #7
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,267 Times in 547 Posts
Trial and error.
I stuck with a kind of fauxhawk because it's easy to form, fast and doesn't look too bad.

I shaved my head once and I have an irregular hairline so that didn't last long :/
Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 03:47 PM   #8
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,164 Times in 201 Posts
i've had a fauxhawk for about 2 and a half years now. and i trim it every 2-3 weeks. it's funny cause i never liked fauxhawks to begin with. but then my girlfreind listened to k-pop, specifically taeyang. and i let her style my hair and she wanted it like his. eventually, it grew on me from there on. from there on, i've been trimming my own hair every couple of weeks i have friends that spend about $100 for their cuts.. but from trial and error, and shitting brix the first few times. i've saved quite a bit of money by cutting my hair

89' Skyline GTS-T - Big Turbo Widebody
1990 FC RX7 - Tap Walls, Bang Limiters

1998 Integra - RIP
1992 Celica GT -
SOLD
1985 Trans Am Firebird - SOLD
DiiCii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #9
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
I have a friend that just takes a straight razor to wet hair and goes to town like hacking vegetation in the rainforest with a machete.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #10

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiiCii View Post
from there on, i've been trimming my own hair every couple of weeks i have friends that spend about $100 for their cuts.. but from trial and error, and shitting brix the first few times. i've saved quite a bit of money by cutting my hair

Yeah same, i just DIY. It saves ALOT of money if you think about it. And the fact my hair grows long doesn't help, so I just trim it every 2-3 weeks.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:12 PM   #11
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
If you dont have a job that requires you to have a maintain a certain "professional image", you're pretty much free to play around a bit... Grow your hair out so u have more options to choose from. More hair = long hairstyles + short hairstyles. Short hair = limited hairstyles and short hairstyles only. As a teenager, I've gone thru many hairstyles including dragonball z hairstyle, fauxhawks, short clean cut ones.... And the hairstyle I am at now... No hairstyle... Why? Because I'm a fucking man and even though it's good to present yourself well... I'm not gonna be a lady and spend years and decades on every aspect of my hair to make myself picture perfect...
Posted via RS Mobile
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:56 AM   #12
My homepage has been set to RS

find one that fits your headshape. certain styles do not compliment certain shapes

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:38 AM   #13
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Use to have a fauxhawk and then eventually it just turned into messy type style. Had them same hair for like 3 years, i want to change it up
TRDeol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:18 PM   #14
BT
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Would you guys recommend trying to find like a stylist? I want to change up my hair style for sure but like someone posted above you need to find one that fits your head shape!
BT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:51 AM   #15
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Google around and see what your head/face shape is, and look around to see what hair looks good with it. Nothing wrong with searching around to make yourself look good and presentable.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:55 AM   #16
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I have a round shaped head, so buzz cut 1.5 top faded out to 0 with 5 day facial hair is my style!
Posted via RS Mobile
em1.ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:07 AM   #17
Need my Daily Fix of RS

lol looks like everyone rocked/rocks the fauxhawk. had mine for about 5 yrs, trying out something new right now. been watching too much mad men and made it look like im from the 60s, makes me look like a hipster when i wear thicker rimmed glasses tho. i would like it to grow out to a rockabilly pompadour and see how i like that
Old 07-30-2011, 03:39 PM   #18
I STILL don't get it

i shaved my head in high school just to see how it feels. Loved the cold feel on winters and the ventilation in summers, so i decided to not rock anything else.

also, its a welcome change from the spiked hair/fauxhawk look that every guy wore in high school.
jello24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:12 PM   #19
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Hahahaha, cutting your own hair is so much better. But if you like getting a fresh fauxhawk, it can get hard to make sure everything is even and since it's super short, mistakes can get noticed but after awhile you get used to it.

Depending on how your head is thats what you should go for your cut, oval = fauxhawk, round = like spread out shorter fauxhawk. But never grow your hair out long though, its pretty homo and hard to maintain lmfao.
npizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #20
PJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by npizz View Post
But never grow your hair out long though, its pretty homo and hard to maintain lmfao.
This assumption says more about yourself than others. There's plenty of people who aren't "homo" and rock longer hair.
Everyone has different personalities and styles.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
Old 08-05-2011, 03:05 PM   #21
2010 RS Top Food Critic Winner

Asians...which of you have a quiff/pompadour? It's not too common for Asians to do this, but I want to try.
K-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #22
PJ

I think it's hard for most Asians to have those styles.. because our hair is naturally thinner - and I'd imagine you need thicker hair for those.. or lots and lots of hair product.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
Old 08-05-2011, 05:53 PM   #23
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
If you go to a real stylist, and not a 10-15 clip job, you should be able to come out with a hairstyle that can accomodate various styles.. I can do a faux hawk, messy look, conservative, and a bit of all of the above... your cut shouldn't be restricted to ONE style, unless it is a mohawk or buzz or crew cut... you can have medium to long hair and be able to style if multiple ways.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #24
RS Veteran

Thanked 1,265 Times in 618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by npizz View Post
Hahahaha, cutting your own hair is so much better. But if you like getting a fresh fauxhawk, it can get hard to make sure everything is even and since it's super short, mistakes can get noticed but after awhile you get used to it.

Depending on how your head is thats what you should go for your cut, oval = fauxhawk, round = like spread out shorter fauxhawk. But never grow your hair out long though, its pretty homo and hard to maintain lmfao.
fresh faux hawk? asisn stylist cut faux hawks differently from western stylist.. i hate how asian stylist cut faux hawks because you can't style it any other way but a faux hawk... here is an example of asian faux hawks:

this is a more versatile type where you can style if diff ways:

the sides of roddick could be shorter, but the key is in the fade... not just clipped up and down like the first pic.. also with a good cut, you should be able to grow it out a bit without the sides looking like they are growing out sideways (like most asian hair does)
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:12 PM   #25
My homepage has been set to RS

I change it up as often as I can, even if it is just minor difference.
Jackygor is offline   Reply With Quote