REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-20-2013, 10:59 PM   #1201
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,181 Times in 477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
^Good, you can buy my Blackvue DR-400G, so I can get the Vico WF1, LOL.
Ok! I give you thirty foh fifty! And because I'm a nice guy, I'll give another $65.50.
Advertisement
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:59 PM   #1202
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
^Good, you can buy my Blackvue DR-400G, so I can get the Vico WF1, LOL.
If you're selling for a reasonable price, I'm looking for one for my mom's car.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #1203
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Go to Dashcamtalk, ASR is on there as another username.. even he admits that the firmware is still not quite there yet. Remember brandname / loyalty doesn't mean the same for asian manufacturers.

Don't you guys find it tiresome to have to change half baked electronics every year? Especially on cars? Wait for the 1080 chipset to mature a bit, then switch to it. I recommend sticking with 720 resolution for now. Wait till fall comes around you will see which model / chipset survived Summer 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
I'm on the look out for a dash cam, would like to know more about the Vico WF1 before I make my purchase

Last edited by godwin; 06-21-2013 at 02:23 PM.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:24 AM   #1204
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

Thanked 1,399 Times in 371 Posts
^
Let the camera have a rest everyday in summer time. It is just a machine.
Different cameras have different features and they run different operating temperature.
The small size cameras, the easiest to get heating up depends on ventilation system

Last edited by asr; 06-22-2013 at 12:31 AM.
asr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:35 AM   #1205
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobuffet View Post
does anybody know what SUV this is? the one that drives by in the vid.
i forgot to lock my car last night. my fault took my gum bottle full of change, some lindt chocolate and my 16gb USB drive with my music
happened around 4:44am

according to my neighbor's dash cam, it had 6000K HIDs passenger side headlight was out. his cam was alot blurrier than mine. but it caught him stopping by my car for a few seconds, then moving on to the next car.

remember to lock your cars!
20130228_044318_P - YouTube
don't rly care bout the things that were stolen, but i feel like my car just got raped =\
it could be a chevy hhr?
l2_narain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #1206
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,901 Times in 3,865 Posts
^ yeah looks like an HHR
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #1207
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,655 Posts
^ I agree. Defs an HHR.
dared3vil0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #1208
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts

brb cutting off
brb brake checks
brb throwing cans
brb shit talk
brb 'Merica
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:26 PM   #1209
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

otosaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr View Post
It is a lil blurry, you might need clean the cmos and lens because of the dust. It seems a lot glare on each vehicle and it is blurry on the top of the vehicle. That is not lighting reflection. If it is a brand new camera, you should go back talk to the dealer you got it from because it looks not right.
I see you now sell the Otosaver which you did not find "that good' (as reflected in your previous comments about it). That goes to prove you now agree that it is indeed better than other blackboxes on the market. I am happy I proved myself right and somehow helped you "push" a better product. This bodes well for your business.
mariofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:01 PM   #1210
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariofan View Post
I see you now sell the Otosaver which you did not find "that good' (as reflected in your previous comments about it). That goes to prove you now agree that it is indeed better than other blackboxes on the market. I am happy I proved myself right and somehow helped you "push" a better product. This bodes well for your business.
The main reason I carry otosaver is that their body design. I am impressive about that, but I think Otosaver need to improve their night video quality.
And OTOSaver want to sign with us because they don't have an authorized distributor in Canada.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:18 AM   #1211

Hi there,
I have an otosaver which i bought two months ago from an authorized dealer in Canada, and it was way cheaper than your asking price.
yoshi_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #1212
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshi_man View Post
Hi there,
I have an otosaver which i bought two months ago from an authorized dealer in Canada, and it was way cheaper than your asking price.
There are also many many Blackvue distributors worldwide and the price range are all different. Every distributor might set camera price different for some reasons.

Higher price doesn't mean the best. Lower price doesn't mean the worst. It depends customers choice to choose which dealer they want to select.

Thanks for reminding the price difference. Here is a chance to let me explain our price of OTOsaver DAS 3000 Bundle here.

Our price for the bundle includes OTOsaver das 3000 + External GPS + Power Kit (Battery Saver) 24hrs/7days recording. In addition, if you otosaver got some issues later, we will give you a courtesy 1080P dashcam for using temporarily when your unit send back to South Korea for warranty exchange.

If any customer get that bundle from us, we will do hardwiring the unit with fuse adator and extra accessories.

We also provide troubleshooting on all OTOSaver DAS 3000.

Last but not least, there is no OTOSaver DAS 3000 authorized distributors in Canada. I just confirmed with OTOsaver company.

Last edited by asr; 06-26-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:01 PM   #1213

Hi. This is really not important, but I just wanted to let you know that I bought my Otosaver from an authorized dealer here in Vancouver. They were the only authorized dealer of Otosaver back then. I am very cautious with my transactions-- for which reason I check my sources all the time. They are legit, with all the paperwork and licenses. Like I said earlier, it doesn't really matter how many authorized dealers there are in a particular location. The more, the merrier---so to speak. This allows the customer the chance to select the better option/deal. I think we all agree that it's the customer's final choice that matters in the end. All the best!
yoshi_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:06 PM   #1214
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,751 Times in 3,867 Posts
I just run a Sony action cam in the waterproof case on my ruckus. Worth it for insurance purposes! And also came in handy for my brother on tough mudder
Posted via RS Mobile
320icar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:45 PM   #1215
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
For 1080p I like the Itronics right now.. There are tons of mods for it DashCamTalk Forum ? View forum - Itronics
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #1216
RS Lurker, I don't post!

i got my camera from blackboxmycar. there are other dealers out there.
gangnam style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #1217
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
Quote:
There are also many many Blackvue distributors worldwide and the price range are all different. Every distributor might set camera price different for some reasons.

Higher price doesn't mean the best. Lower price doesn't mean the worst. It depends customers choice to choose which dealer they want to select.

Thanks for reminding the price difference. Here is a chance to let me explain our price of OTOsaver DAS 3000 Bundle here.

Our price for the bundle includes OTOsaver das 3000 + External GPS + Power Kit (Battery Saver) 24hrs/7days recording. In addition, if you otosaver got some issues later, we will give you a courtesy 1080P dashcam for using temporarily when your unit send back to South Korea for warranty exchange.

If any customer get that bundle from us, we will do hardwiring the unit with fuse adator and extra accessories.

We also provide troubleshooting on all OTOSaver DAS 3000.

Last but not least, there is no OTOSaver DAS 3000 authorized distributors in Canada. I just confirmed with OTOsaver company.

Them looking for distributors doesn't mean that they don't already have existing dealers. In other words, based on the wording in that email, ASR is NOT the only distributor in Canada
Posted via RS Mobile
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #1218
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshi_man View Post
Hi. This is really not important, but I just wanted to let you know that I bought my Otosaver from an authorized dealer here in Vancouver. They were the only authorized dealer of Otosaver back then. I am very cautious with my transactions-- for which reason I check my sources all the time. They are legit, with all the paperwork and licenses. Like I said earlier, it doesn't really matter how many authorized dealers there are in a particular location. The more, the merrier---so to speak. This allows the customer the chance to select the better option/deal. I think we all agree that it's the customer's final choice that matters in the end. All the best!
That is TRUE. When the manufacture sell dash cams, they want as many as distributor as possible. I just post what I got feedback from the manufacture. Positive competition is good for all customers to select the dealers they trust.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 06-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #1219
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,509 Times in 4,901 Posts
OK, I've narrowed it down to these choices, the Finevu CR-500, the Vicovation TF2+, and the OTOsaver DAS 3000. All of which I can get here in Vancouver from various sources.

I like the polarizing lens attachment for the Finevu. I guess I can modify something to fit over the lens of the other two choices.

Question: If I have an external monitor hooked up to the Finevu or OTOsaver, does the video quality suffer like it does on my Blackvue?

I also like the picture taking feature of the Finevu. Also Sony sensor is good, yeah?

The most important thing for me is the ability to continue recording in high temperatures without degradation of video quality.

GPS feature is not a big deal, but if it becomes a big deal, I can always get an external GPS.

So, help me out here, guys. Can't stand the Blackvue knowing there's stuff out there that is way better.

BTW, Graeme, I'mma gonna have to sell you the Blackvue for a damn good price after this, LOL.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:58 PM   #1220

^ group buy!
why did u rule out the Vico WF1?
Old 06-29-2013, 10:29 PM   #1221
MG1

Quote:
^ group buy!
why did u rule out the Vico WF1?
I thought it wasn't out yet. If it is, most likely too much money, yes?

Old 06-30-2013, 01:04 AM   #1222
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

Question: If I have an external monitor hooked up to the Finevu or OTOsaver, does the video quality suffer like it does on my Blackvue?

I am not sure how the Blackvue unit image on your monitor now. Is it blurry? If so, 90% is dust getting into the lens seal.

Here are 2 pictures of CR500 and DAS3000 connecting with TV.

I also like the picture taking feature of the Finevu. Also Sony sensor is good, yeah?

OTOsaver has taking picture feature button, mute button, formatting sd button and internal battery mode button.

Cr500 is using sony Exmor cmos sensor. The exmor is good, but Exmor R is better.
About 60% manufactures in the market use Ambarella chips on their dashcams includes Go pro hero 2 and 3 also use Ambarella A5s and a7 chips. By the way, Vicovation TF2 use A5S which is on Go pro 2 and TF2+ use A2S70 which is same chip on Go Pro. In addition, Blackvue dr400 use a TI, Texas instruments, chip. But I am not sure the model. Also, CR500 uses Texas Instruments TMS320DM368 digital media chip.

To be honest, most dashcam manufacture just purchase all the parts and put them together and testing cameras before launching in the market.

The most important thing for me is the ability to continue recording in high temperatures without degradation of video quality.
As long as you can set up motion sensitivity correctly and unplug camera for couple hours per day, your cam should be fine.

Little off topic here.
Acutually Blackvue is not a bad product at all, it just depends you are lucky or not. We have done warranty exchange before about some WIFI units' gps module stop working because the GPS module battery dead due to long time running under sunshine. Some of units are fine, some are not. We are just waiting Blackvue to modify a bit and improve the quality control, then we will carry Blackvue again.

GPS feature is not a big deal, but if it becomes a big deal, I can always get an external GPS.

OTOSaver offer optional small external GPS. Size is as small as SDHC card. OTOsaver das 3000 has windows app and Viewer, too.

Hope that helps

Last edited by asr; 06-30-2013 at 01:15 AM.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:30 AM   #1223

Quote:
I thought it wasn't out yet. If it is, most likely too much money, yes?
you're right it's coming soon, but I would have assumed u would wait until it's out to make your decision.
asr probably has a good idea on what the WF1 would cost. it's up to him if he wants to share
maybe the price for TF2+ will drop when the WF1 comes out
Old 06-30-2013, 04:57 AM   #1224
MG1

Quote:
I am not sure how the Blackvue unit image on your monitor now. Is it blurry?
No, the image is fine. It's just not smooth - lots of jitter when external monitor out port is connected.

It's a known issue.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:02 AM   #1225
asr
RS.net Licensed Vendor

^I think it is a firmware issue. Nothing related to hardware.
DR500 wifi also got that situation.

Quote:
you're right it's coming soon, but I would have assumed u would wait until it's out to make your decision.
asr probably has a good idea on what the WF1 would cost. it's up to him if he wants to share
maybe the price for TF2+ will drop when the WF1 comes out
The manufacture will set up price later.