REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   tips on fiancing car (https://www.revscene.net/forums/650667-tips-fiancing-car.html)

bcedhk 07-29-2011 04:25 PM

tips on fiancing car

planning on getting a VW golf since VW's having a 0% APR financing deal.

Just a few question..

Is the MSRP price the one posted on vw.ca? Right now, the salesman gave us a monthly price that is $19 above the price posted on the VW.ca "build and price" calculator.

What should I take notice of when i go through a fiance purchase?

rageguy 07-29-2011 04:38 PM

Negotiate a cash price with your salesperson. Use Car Cost Canada report to leverage your negotiation. Aim to pay $500 over the wholesale price. Decline any rust proofing or paint protection. Stuff like PDI, freight, air con tax, tire levy and HST may not be negotiable, but sometimes they may just lower the car's price to offset it.

Once you have agreed on the price, discuss financing. It's 0%, so it's really just price/# of months.

Jgresch 07-29-2011 05:53 PM

The websites usually don't include freight/pdi, any dealership fees, gov levies and sometimes tax. It should state that in small print somewhere.
When you're offered life/disability insurance and protection package, politely decline. The pro pack has about a 300% mark up lol....
Posted via RS Mobile

ScizzMoney 07-29-2011 05:55 PM

I know this isn't the advice you are looking for. But, at 0%, I would recommend not putting any money down unless they require you to. You can use the money for something else like a GIC or something.

tiger_handheld 07-29-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScizzMoney (Post 7528925)
I know this isn't the advice you are looking for. But, at 0%, I would recommend not putting any money down unless they require you to. You can use the money for something else like a GIC or something.

I doubt VW gives you 0 down , 0% financing for 84months :troll:

Matlock 07-29-2011 10:01 PM

My Suzuki is 0 down, 0% financing for 84 months.
But, shit yes there were a lot of extra fees. They gave me pro pack for "free" though.
Gf thinks I got ripped off, but I don't care. They gave me $2000 for my old car and that is the maximum it's worth on craigslist. Funny thing is the guy phoned me back 2 weeks later saying the mechanic broke the key off in the ignition and a bunch of other stuff was going on, but I got rid of it and I got moneys. :D

Plus the car came with a $500 gas card, in which I asked for a cheque instead. They never mailed it to me, so I asked two separate people on separate calls. What did I get? Two separate $500 cheques! Awesome.

mmmk 07-30-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matlock (Post 7529075)
My Suzuki is 0 down, 0% financing for 84 months.
But, shit yes there were a lot of extra fees. They gave me pro pack for "free" though.
Gf thinks I got ripped off, but I don't care. They gave me $2000 for my old car and that is the maximum it's worth on craigslist. Funny thing is the guy phoned me back 2 weeks later saying the mechanic broke the key off in the ignition and a bunch of other stuff was going on, but I got rid of it and I got moneys. :D

Plus the car came with a $500 gas card, in which I asked for a cheque instead. They never mailed it to me, so I asked two separate people on separate calls. What did I get? Two separate $500 cheques! Awesome.

LOL ur gf is totally wrong, suzuki ripped off themselves :fullofwin:

Jgresch 07-30-2011 10:58 PM

^agreed. Honestly we only had $1400 mark up in the sx4s, I don't know how you got everything you did lol... Good deal.
Posted via RS Mobile