REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-29-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
tips on fiancing car

planning on getting a VW golf since VW's having a 0% APR financing deal.

Just a few question..

Is the MSRP price the one posted on vw.ca? Right now, the salesman gave us a monthly price that is $19 above the price posted on the VW.ca "build and price" calculator.

What should I take notice of when i go through a fiance purchase?
Advertisement
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #2
I subscribe to Revscene

Negotiate a cash price with your salesperson. Use Car Cost Canada report to leverage your negotiation. Aim to pay $500 over the wholesale price. Decline any rust proofing or paint protection. Stuff like PDI, freight, air con tax, tire levy and HST may not be negotiable, but sometimes they may just lower the car's price to offset it.

Once you have agreed on the price, discuss financing. It's 0%, so it's really just price/# of months.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:53 PM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
The websites usually don't include freight/pdi, any dealership fees, gov levies and sometimes tax. It should state that in small print somewhere.
When you're offered life/disability insurance and protection package, politely decline. The pro pack has about a 300% mark up lol....
Posted via RS Mobile
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #4
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,137 Times in 259 Posts
I know this isn't the advice you are looking for. But, at 0%, I would recommend not putting any money down unless they require you to. You can use the money for something else like a GIC or something.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:45 PM   #5
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScizzMoney View Post
I know this isn't the advice you are looking for. But, at 0%, I would recommend not putting any money down unless they require you to. You can use the money for something else like a GIC or something.
I doubt VW gives you 0 down , 0% financing for 84months

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:01 PM   #6
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
My Suzuki is 0 down, 0% financing for 84 months.
But, shit yes there were a lot of extra fees. They gave me pro pack for "free" though.
Gf thinks I got ripped off, but I don't care. They gave me $2000 for my old car and that is the maximum it's worth on craigslist. Funny thing is the guy phoned me back 2 weeks later saying the mechanic broke the key off in the ignition and a bunch of other stuff was going on, but I got rid of it and I got moneys.

Plus the car came with a $500 gas card, in which I asked for a cheque instead. They never mailed it to me, so I asked two separate people on separate calls. What did I get? Two separate $500 cheques! Awesome.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:28 PM   #7
G'd up! w000weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matlock View Post
My Suzuki is 0 down, 0% financing for 84 months.
But, shit yes there were a lot of extra fees. They gave me pro pack for "free" though.
Gf thinks I got ripped off, but I don't care. They gave me $2000 for my old car and that is the maximum it's worth on craigslist. Funny thing is the guy phoned me back 2 weeks later saying the mechanic broke the key off in the ignition and a bunch of other stuff was going on, but I got rid of it and I got moneys.

Plus the car came with a $500 gas card, in which I asked for a cheque instead. They never mailed it to me, so I asked two separate people on separate calls. What did I get? Two separate $500 cheques! Awesome.
LOL ur gf is totally wrong, suzuki ripped off themselves
mmmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:58 PM   #8
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
^agreed. Honestly we only had $1400 mark up in the sx4s, I don't know how you got everything you did lol... Good deal.
Posted via RS Mobile
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote