REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Roll bars (https://www.revscene.net/forums/650832-roll-bars.html)

hopalong 08-02-2011 12:34 AM

Roll bars

Hey I just recently bought a na miata and it's fun as he'll but I just don't feel safe rolling around without a roll bar to protect my noggin. Is there any local shops around Richmond that sells and installs roll bars such as hard dog, boss frog or auto power? Any help would be great!

TIA

boatcaptain 08-02-2011 01:30 AM

here you go
http://eunos.ca/catalog/index.php?cPath=22_29

Jgresch 08-02-2011 02:30 AM

Overseas auto has autopower
Posted via RS Mobile

accordpoop 08-02-2011 08:00 AM

ya check out overseas auto. they have a autopower 4 point roll bar in stock. quoted me 535 but it doesnt have diagonal cross bars so i passed on it.

hopalong 08-02-2011 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boatcaptain (Post 7531819)

Hey thanks! I heard good things about eunos but don't really want to travel to north van.

I'm looking for at least single diagonal 4 point roll bar so the auto power in overseas is out of the question. Thanks anyways poop!

If I order from the states, where around Richmond can I get these bad boys installed?

falcon 08-02-2011 08:41 AM

I have a Hard Dog Single Diagonal roll bar. Works great and I use it for Solosprint events and it meets regulations.

This is what you want. -- 1989-98 Miata Roll Bar Made by Hard Dog SCCA Approved

Same one I have and is almost half price from what it would cost to buy a new one, ship it and pay duty at the border.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/r...witzke/1-2.jpg
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/r...witzke/3-2.jpg

hopalong 08-02-2011 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcon (Post 7531919)
I have a Hard Dog Single Diagonal roll bar. Works great and I use it for Solosprint events and it meets regulations.

This is what you want. -- 1989-98 Miata Roll Bar Made by Hard Dog SCCA Approved

Same one I have and is almost half price from what it would cost to buy a new one, ship it and pay duty at the border.

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/r...witzke/1-2.jpg
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/r...witzke/3-2.jpg

Thanks falcon...forgot to mention that I wanted my hardtop to fit too. From the website link in doesn't work with hardtops=(

Edit: baby cheeses your car is sweet! Those 14s?

falcon 08-02-2011 10:20 AM

I have the non hard top bar and my hard top fits (although touches slightly). I put a little bit of 3M clear bra in the spots it is grazing and all is good.

13's.

vancouvermiatas.com/forum

falcon 08-02-2011 10:21 AM

Oh, and that bar on Clist could very well be the hard top bar. They make two versions. I would shoot him an email and ask which one it is. I got the non hard top one because it give me a good .5 inch extra height for helmet clearance.

flagella 08-02-2011 11:07 AM

Is this gonna be your track car or something? If you drive on the street, I honestly don't know what you mean when you say "I don't feel safe" because if you're gonna install roll bars and you drive on the street without a helmet, it can be even more dangerous in case of an accident.

falcon 08-02-2011 11:32 AM

Don't spread bad advice.

Miata's don't do good in roll overs. You roll over = you dead.

Get a roll bar. I as well as thousands of other Miata owners have been driving on the street with rear roll bars for years without issues. Throw some SFI padding on the top and you're fine.

Culverin 08-02-2011 08:14 PM

That miata looks so happy :)

J____ 08-02-2011 08:39 PM

harddog fits in hard tops

hopalong 08-02-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcon (Post 7532066)
Don't spread bad advice.

Miata's don't do good in roll overs. You roll over = you dead.

Get a roll bar. I as well as thousands of other Miata owners have been driving on the street with rear roll bars for years without issues. Throw some SFI padding on the top and you're fine.

Ya I'd rather be safe than sorry for sure! I saw a few pics of rolled over Miata's and the only thing in tack is the roll bar. Can't imagine what would happen to me without 1.

So if I was to order 1 from the states, which shop around Richmond would you guys recommend to install it?

mx555 08-02-2011 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopalong (Post 7532628)
Ya I'd rather be safe than sorry for sure! I saw a few pics of rolled over Miata's and the only thing in tack is the roll bar. Can't imagine what would happen to me without 1.

think of a crayon..

ef8 08-02-2011 11:07 PM

Garage five in Richmond sells hard dog and can install.
Posted via RS Mobile

falcon 08-02-2011 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopalong (Post 7532628)

So if I was to order 1 from the states, which shop around Richmond would you guys recommend to install it?

None. Pay me to do it. I'm a pro since doing 3. :fullofwin:

I'd buy the one on clist. You can't beat the price.

ilvtofu 08-03-2011 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcon (Post 7532816)
None. Pay me to do it. I'm a pro since doing 3. :fullofwin:

I'd buy the one on clist. You can't beat the price.

Lol I was planning to pick that one up, but it's all the way in Mission, e-mailed the seller 3 weeks ago but haven't found time to go.. :/
OP it's all the way in mission, you don't want it :fullofwin:

SumAznGuy 08-03-2011 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flagella (Post 7532039)
Is this gonna be your track car or something? If you drive on the street, I honestly don't know what you mean when you say "I don't feel safe" because if you're gonna install roll bars and you drive on the street without a helmet, it can be even more dangerous in case of an accident.

This isn't bad advice, but just isn't correct advice. You don't want a roll cage in a street car cause you head can bang on one of the upper bars. Even SFI padding will not be enough to protect your head if it did hit one of those bars.

As for the roll bar that OP wants, they sit behind the seats it would take the seat breaking or not wearing a seat belt for someone to fall back and hit the back of their heads on the bar.

MindBomber 08-03-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilvtofu (Post 7532995)
Lol I was planning to pick that one up, but it's all the way in Mission, e-mailed the seller 3 weeks ago but haven't found time to go.. :/
OP it's all the way in mission, you don't want it :fullofwin:

I've driven from richmond to mission a few times, it doesn't actually take that long; maybe an hour if there's no traffic.

falcon 08-03-2011 01:24 PM

Do you west of the fraser river dwellers never leave the GVRD? Lol.. Mission is not far.

oldcracker 08-03-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcon (Post 7531996)
I have the non hard top bar and my hard top fits (although touches slightly). I put a little bit of 3M clear bra in the spots it is grazing and all is good.

13's.

vancouvermiatas.com/forum

does it work with the hardtop side latches?

fliptuner 08-03-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falcon (Post 7533343)
Do you west of the fraser river dwellers never leave the GVRD? Lol.. Mission is not far.

Haha, no kidding. If you want something, go get it. It's not like you have to drive to Kelowna for it - it's barely outside the GVRD. Is the $300 savings not enough?

hopalong 08-03-2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fliptuner (Post 7533598)
Haha, no kidding. If you want something, go get it. It's not like you have to drive to Kelowna for it - it's barely outside the GVRD. Is the $300 savings not enough?

Haha ya true! Messaged the guy, earliest I can g o to mission is Sunday so hopefully it won't be sold by then.

underscore 08-03-2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fliptuner (Post 7533598)

I've driven to Van for less. If you're saving $300, minus say $100 in gas, you still save $200.