REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 11-13-2015, 11:48 AM   #1351
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

I'm able to make calls and use data right now on the Rogers network. The data speeds, as we already know to not be anywhere near LTE, is at least stable. Sweet.
Advertisement
way2quik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 11:53 AM   #1352
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,222 Times in 1,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by way2quik View Post
I'm able to make calls and use data right now on the Rogers network. The data speeds, as we already know to not be anywhere near LTE, is at least stable. Sweet.
Speedtest please?
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 12:36 PM   #1353
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
how is the coverage so far with rogers now? is it any better or is it the same?
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 02:14 PM   #1354
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,315 Times in 2,518 Posts
Quote:
What?! How did that happen? Did you have to make any phone / cellular network setting changes to connect to the Rogers network?
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 12:14 PM   #1355

Quote:
Holy crap... I swear that when I wrote my post back on Friday, I wasn't connecting to the Rogers mobile network -- at least when I'm at home. Fast forward to today and I noticed that my cell signal indicator is at full bars! Voice calls seems to be a bit less choppy than before too (when I am making calls at home).

For what it is worth, I have done absolutely nothing on my end.
Old 11-15-2015, 03:12 PM   #1356
RS controls my life!

I've noticed that my data speeds are a bit faster and reconnecting back to the network once I lose reception going into/coming out of sky train tunnels is instantaneous.
-lincolnboi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 03:38 PM   #1357
Banned By Establishment

Good to hear that their service is being improved by Rogers
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 05:15 PM   #1358
I AM

Thanked 1,329 Times in 294 Posts
now when will wind get the towers from mobi/rogers
Groot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 07:43 PM   #1359
Say! Say! Say!

Wind will come in Q1 2016
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:23 PM   #1360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groot View Post
now when will wind get the towers from mobi/rogers
My completely non-technical understanding is, it isn't the physical towers themselves that matter so much. What probably matters more is when Wind will be allowed to dip into (using) the frequencies that was previously owned by Mobi / Rogers.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:28 AM   #1361
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Now with that holiday plan being back and this news, I have the strong urge to switch from Bell.

Quote:
Late last week, Rogers began the slow transition of Mobilicity customers over to its 3G network, after giving its new clients sufficient time to purchase cellphones compatible with the Rogers network, which operates on different frequencies than Mobilicity’s AWS-based network.

Mobilicity customers, many of whom have put up with slow data speeds and poor reception, are reporting significant improvements in bandwidth and call quality, as the devices connect to Rogers’ 3G network in Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton, Ottawa and Calgary, the former new entrants’ five home “zones.”

We reported back in August that Rogers would uphold the tenets of Mobilicity’s various unlimited plans, keeping them to within the five aforementioned zones despite having access to Rogers’ national 3G network. It appears that Mobilicity will continue to operate independently until at least the end of the year, at which time Rogers will transition the carrier to a Chatr-like model. According to a Mobilicity representative we spoke to, the company will be upholding its various plans, including a recently-launched $40 holiday plan that includes unlimited talk, text and 6GB of full-speed data, until the end of 2015.

Mobilicity customers have reported that they began experiencing improved reception and, in some areas, higher download speeds, starting on Friday, when Rogers initiated the transition. Mobilicity customers who have not upgraded their devices to support the Rogers 3G network (850/1900Mhz) will continue obtain coverage until at least December 31st, at which time the network will be fully controlled by Wind Mobile. Rogers agreed to offload some of Mobilicity’s AWS spectrum to Wind Mobile as part of the purchase agreement, in order to satisfy the CRTC’s requirements to for undue spectrum concentration by the Big Three carriers.

We’ve reached out to Rogers for additional comment about the network transition and will update this post when we have more.
Mobilicity customers begin transition to Rogers' 3G network | MobileSyrup.com
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-17-2015, 09:43 PM   #1362
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,437 Times in 376 Posts
There's also a promo on the $25 plan. So with that you can add premium data for $20 and have 20gb data and unlimited talk/text for $40. Just no voicemail, call forward, 3 way call.

Probably gonna switch from Telus next week.
'06 BMW 330i [RIP]

'02 BMW M3
'99 Honda Civic SIR [sold]
'19 Civic Type R[sold]
'22 MINI Cooper SE
My Photojournal: simplexcars
Simplex123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:50 PM   #1363
Meow

I had the promotional plan from a couple months ago for $40 unlimited everything with 6gb data, I called a couple weeks ago to cancel and got offered a new rate of $30 a month so I kept it.

Anyone get iMessage working on mobilicity?
Old 11-20-2015, 07:46 AM   #1364
I STILL don't get it

Today only

604Sparda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 08:54 AM   #1365
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604Sparda View Post
Today only

I am currently with Wind and my data speed is terrible with avg 1.5 Mpbs d/l. How's mobo premium data speed in GVA area? Since the swtich to Roger do you guys see a big improvement in coverage and speed?
PC69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 09:05 AM   #1366

Big improvement in signal strength and coverage, yes. Improvement in speed? Zilch.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:19 AM   #1367
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Big improvement in signal strength and coverage, yes. Improvement in speed? Zilch.
I just signed up with that $15 plan on Friday. My Nexus 5X kept connecting to CDN Roaming with the sim card but my phone couldn't detect a network called "Mobilicity". I was reluctant to make calls. So I call customer service and they told me CDN Roaming within the Vancouver coverage area = Mobilicity now that they can access Rogers' network. After knowing this, I popped the sim card into an old iPhone 4 and it works. The carrier shows up as "Mobilicity" on the iPhone 4, oddly enough. Mind you, the iPhone 4 doesn't have 1700/2100 bands so this little experiment confirms it is running on Rogers' network. So far so good!

Last edited by shenmecar; 11-23-2015 at 07:27 AM.
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 05:58 AM   #1368
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Probably a stupid question but can we now use Mobilicity sim cards in Rogers locked phones?
JACKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 08:20 AM   #1369
HELP ME PLS!!!

Switched from WIND to Mobilicity for the $15 deal on the 20th. Added $10 for the 6gb basic data. Awesome so far, getting Rogers reception but at Mobilicity prices. WIND has become so garbage for me in the last 2 years. Data speed is slow most of the time. Call quality is poor. I am so glad I jumped ship. My only concern now is that these prices are not protected (guaranteed) and can be jacked up any time. Oh well, I'll worry when that time comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKED View Post
Probably a stupid question but can we now use Mobilicity sim cards in Rogers locked phones?
From what I read from RFD, it doesn't work so far.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 02:15 PM   #1370

I'm sure everyone on Mobi has received the text / news that Robbers will be migrating us to Chatr. Honestly, I don't even know why Robbers is sending me the Chatr FAQ since it doesn't tell me anything at all:

Mobilicity ? chatr Top FAQs

Still, with Chatr being prepaid service instead of a monthly fee-based service, I have a bad feeling that I'm gonna end up getting fxxked somehow.
Old 05-11-2016, 11:45 PM   #1371
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

No grandfathering
Old 05-12-2016, 05:25 PM   #1372
Say! Say! Say!

If anyone is thinking about switching away from Mobilicity to Wind, let me know. I can waive the SIM card charge for the next couple of days and there is a $50 bill credit applicable to $40 plans and higher right now.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:43 PM   #1373
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,734 Times in 899 Posts
Any idea how this is going to happen? We get new Sims?forced to hey more expensive plans?
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 06:48 PM   #1374

I have no idea at the moment, and the FAQ isn't useful at all. Sufficient to say, with Mobi being a fixed rate monthly subscription service with "unlimited" use, and Chatr being a prepaid service, I am will to bet that existing Mobi users are all gonna be transferred over to the prepaid service model as well. I don't particularly like that (prepaid), cuz if I did, I would have signed up for one in the first place.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:47 PM   #1375
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
I have no idea at the moment, and the FAQ isn't useful at all. Sufficient to say, with Mobi being a fixed rate monthly subscription service with "unlimited" use, and Chatr being a prepaid service, I am will to bet that existing Mobi users are all gonna be transferred over to the prepaid service model as well. I don't particularly like that (prepaid), cuz if I did, I would have signed up for one in the first place.
Should have switch to Fido when they have their promo during Xmas time I think is $58 or $59 Unlimited canada calling/texting caller ID 3GB of data.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote