REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-17-2011, 04:22 PM   #76
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
Serious question - do you feel safe partying near these clowns?
they don't really cause trouble. just keep your nose out of their business and dont try to be a drunk ass or tough guy to them. ive had drinks, played pool, and partied with different groups of them lots of times.

i honestly feel way safer partying with 20 gangsters in the club in kelowna than i do partying on a regular night at a club in downtown vancouver with a group of brown dudes (no racism intended).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
Most people would, up until the moment someone decides to make a statement in a nightclub with automatic weapons. Then the dynamics change a little bit.
that doesnt happen here. infact, there have not been any shootings in a club in kelowna. hell, theres rarely any stabbings downtown. and maybe one or 2 fights per year that make the news and those usually arent HA. any sort of real violence takes place in homes, not in public areas. hell, most of the time people just disappear (one or 2 a year).
Advertisement
Old 08-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #77
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
I know several people from that pic personally and I can say they are chill guys. Call them douchbags whatever but on a personal level they are just like anyone else. I feel better hanging out with them then a lot of my other friends who go out of their way to try and start shit to be tough guys.

Berz out.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:41 PM   #78
Big Drama Show

Thanked 3,080 Times in 1,195 Posts
Real gangsters don't go out looking for trouble and starting shit. It's usually those Jersey Shore looking, lobster tanned fucks at clubs that do.
spideyv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 04:56 PM   #79
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Sure you do. In this case, she is going out with a known gangster who's had attempts at his life.
It would be the equivillent of going drinking every night and having a drunk driver drive you home. Eventually, the odds of an accident will catch up to you.

If she just met these guys and was shot and become a quad, then yeah she didn't deserve it.
I don't know how you can say she deserved it unless you knew her personally. I don't, so I could never make that statement.

Maybe she just happened to bump into them? Perhaps she is on friendly terms with them, along the lines of how RRxtar is. Would you say RRxtar deserved to be shot and paralyzed because he happened to be in the same area as them? So she was in a car, and RRxtar was at a party with them, the setting does not matter. Someone got shot, they're paralyzed now. That's sad.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:12 PM   #80
Marcosexual Fan Club, CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
I know several people from that pic personally and I can say they are chill guys. Call them douchbags whatever but on a personal level they are just like anyone else. I feel better hanging out with them then a lot of my other friends who go out of their way to try and start shit to be tough guys.

Berz out.
Just like everyone else? I guess that's true if you don't count having no moral compass.

In order to finance their lavish lifestyle, they have no qualms about bringing misery to others. The irony is that they feel that they have to enforce their own heightened sense of justice against others at any perceived slight.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:27 PM   #81
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
they don't really cause trouble. just keep your nose out of their business and dont try to be a drunk ass or tough guy to them. ive had drinks, played pool, and partied with different groups of them lots of times.

i honestly feel way safer partying with 20 gangsters in the club in kelowna than i do partying on a regular night at a club in downtown vancouver with a group of brown dudes (no racism intended).
And according to many of the people in this thread, if you end up a quad or dead, you deserved it.
Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2011, 05:37 PM   #82
Ricer Mod

Girl who got shot was a Niece to a full patch member ...

Berz out.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:06 PM   #83
I subscribe to Revscene

my buddy said bacon's were just puppets for HA.. they got there drugs, weapon's and whatever else from them.. thats why they were together at the time
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #84
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Girl who got shot was a Niece to a full patch member ...

Berz out.
There you go!
People keep talking shit saying she deserved it or whatever just for chillin with them... well what the fuck do you know?
What if she was just hanging out with her Uncle? Maybe before they went out they promised her no gangster stuff, it was a night out to have some fun.

No matter what she didn't deserve to get shot. If she had the hit on her... only then would I start to explore the possibility whether she deserved it or not.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:20 PM   #85
Ricer Mod

Sorry I shouldn't have used past tense there she IS the niece of a full patch member.... Her uncle is a president of a chapter.

Berz out.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:09 PM   #86
Need to Seek Professional Help

for someone to say that people deserve any harm for them being associated with gangsters or whatever is ridiculous. At the same time if they want to chill with people like that then these are the kinds of things that can happen and I feel no remorse or pity for them.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #87
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
...with people like that then these are the kinds of things that can happen and I feel no remorse or pity for them.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:34 PM   #88
regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
And according to many of the people in this thread, if you end up a quad or dead, you deserved it.
Not deserve it, but don't act shocked like you never saw it coming. People are free to make their own decisions, when you CHOOSE to associate with people who have public hits put out on them and many enemies (didn't the VPD issue a warning not to associate with the Bacons?), thats a risk you're CHOOSING to take.
jigga250 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2011, 08:13 PM   #89
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
This is just me speculating, but maybe she didn't know what Bacon looked like? I mean, he's not instantly recognizable to everyone like Tom Cruise or Nicholas Cage is.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:18 PM   #90
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
This is just me speculating, but maybe she didn't know what Bacon looked like? I mean, he's not instantly recognizable to everyone like Tom Cruise or Nicholas Cage is.
Your uncle is the president of the Haney chapter you know who you are with especially being a bacon. Her getting hit get's shit going quick.

Bacon had a 1mill hit on his head and someone was brought from out of country to take care of the business from what I have been hearing.
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2011, 08:33 PM   #91
Ricer Mod

Since Sunday 3 peoples facebook pages from that picture have been deleted... Weird......

Berz out.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:36 PM   #92
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
HA, IS, RS, UN... the whole thing is one big clusterfuck. especially if you read a few different sources. hell, even if you use one source theres so much going on, i dont think anyone really knows whos friends with who and enemies with who.

from just what ive head about the people in this shooting, the old RS leadership was tight with the UN. the Bacons and new RS work with/for the HA. Larry Amero and certain HA members have been working with the UN and for the IS at different times..

someone write a book. i want to read it.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:45 PM   #93
I STILL don't get it

"gangster next door" on cbc... google if you want to watch it provides a decent documentary of the van gangs
aliuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:46 PM   #94
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,390 Times in 586 Posts
There is so much ignorant fail in this thread it's unbelievable.
JD像 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:59 PM   #95
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
Trust me, everyone in Kelowna knows who the Bacon brothers are.
white_guilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:29 PM   #96
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD像 View Post
There is so much ignorant fail in this thread it's unbelievable.
Care to elaborate?...
Old 08-17-2011, 10:38 PM   #97
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
When people are deep into the game like these guys they know 1000 times more than what is discussed in the news. They know who is who and no doubt those girls knew who they were too.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:47 PM   #98
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
Quote:

Berz out.
Yeah man, I see what you're saying, but years ago I had this friend of mine that I played soccer with, super cool guy, funny, chill, etc, that started getting involved with drugs and weapons sales. So I just stopped hanging out with him, in fear for what would happen if someone that had beef with him or whatever decided to settle a score while I was near him.

Saved my life, because a couple of years later him and another guy I knew were killed in front of his house. More than 60 .762 shots (i think, it's been nearly ten years) were fired at him and his friend. No warning, no chance. Just boom, dead. Could have been me, had I not distanced myself.

Or maybe I'm a pussy. I've seen people that I know be killed, it's not pretty.
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-17-2011, 10:59 PM   #99
SardaukarMod

choices and consequences. besides the already-mentioned consequences of getting hit when your gangster friends are targeted, there are other (less fatal but still noteworthy) ramifications of associating with such people.

one of which is if your job demands a police record check. depending on the job you intend to get, record checks can get pretty in-depth. a few too many noted associations on file with people "known to police" and your potential career is out the window.

eg: you're riding in your buddy's car and he's a gang member. police pull the car over on a traffic stop. a search of the car turns up a small amount of pot and a loaded 9mm. GG. that police file is not going to go away. it'll follow you everywhere and every time you do a police record check. and there's not much you can do about it either.
2002 Volkswagen GTI 337 in Reflex Silver (SOLD)
2007 Suzuki SV650N in Oort Grey (SOLD)
seakrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:00 PM   #100
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Well they can walk around like alpha dogs most of the time, why wouldn't the y be chill? They can assume most people won't mess with them. You don't really hear people warn their friend, "Don't start any trouble with these guys, they're refrigerator repairmen!"
minoru_tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote