REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   back to school (https://www.revscene.net/forums/651809-back-school.html)

alex.w *// 08-16-2011 10:59 PM

back to school

wow 2 more weeks to go, and it's already back to school. You guys returning students or starting a new course? :dizzy:

donjalapeno 08-16-2011 11:02 PM

returning :okay: .....is it me or does the first semester of the year go really well and then after christmas break once you start 2nd semester everything goes down the shitter? ...last year i did really well first semester but 2nd semester i effed up. same thing happend in highschool

optiblue 08-16-2011 11:04 PM

:fuuuuu: my brain can't take more school, good luck to you all!

roastpuff 08-16-2011 11:22 PM

Starting a second degree program at UBC. Government hiring freeze so my first degree somewhat not so useful right now.

tegz 08-16-2011 11:24 PM

Returning to school after 2 years of lab work... not excited to start hitting the books for the first time in a while.

smaggs 08-16-2011 11:36 PM

Uh....I'm writing finals right now? Excited for my 2 week break!!

invader 08-16-2011 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff (Post 7548066)
Starting a second degree program at UBC. Government hiring freeze so my first degree somewhat not so useful right now.

Same here, sucks to have a degree and it not opening doors you thought would be.

insomniac 08-17-2011 01:12 AM

My summer break just started lol. Have no motivation for school yet I'm unemployed. Taking half a year off to figure out what I should take. I wish I didn't have no direction. Yet I don't want to step into school taking something I don't like/not what I really want. FML lol anyone been in my situation? :okay:
Posted via RS Mobile

king_2011 08-17-2011 01:18 AM

Quote:

sorry, what degree did u initially have? and wat are u getting now?

spideyv2 08-17-2011 01:33 AM

The older i get the faster the summers go by...:okay:
Posted via RS Mobile

jerche 08-17-2011 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 737! (Post 7548225)
My summer break just started lol. Have no motivation for school yet I'm unemployed. Taking half a year off to figure out what I should take. I wish I didn't have no direction. Yet I don't want to step into school taking something I don't like/not what I really want. FML lol anyone been in my situation? :okay:
Posted via RS Mobile

The first 2 years you're just taking any courses that interests you. You don't declare your major until your 3rd year anyways.

I recommend just going to Langara since they have one of the best transfer programs imo and they accept most ppl.

phunky.FOB 08-17-2011 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 737! (Post 7548225)
Posted via RS Mobile

mee tooo dude :( i just finished my culinary programm.. not sure if i wanna still do it.. im just sitting here everyday thinking what should I take

Cillu 08-17-2011 02:39 AM

Yep, I'll be going through the second year of CIT at BCIT this year. Still deciding whether I should follow up with a btech after or not...

CorneringArtist 08-17-2011 06:32 AM

School :fuckthatshit:? It'll be another year before I go back for level 2 Automotive Technician apprenticeship. Until then, it's all work for me.

AutozamAZ-3 08-17-2011 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jerche (Post 7548245)
The first 2 years you're just taking any courses that interests you. You don't declare your major until your 3rd year anyways.

I recommend just going to Langara since they have one of the best transfer programs imo and they accept most ppl.

all you need to be is 19 years old and do well on the LET test to get admitted to most classes :)

q0192837465 08-17-2011 07:05 AM

Lol, I haven't really stopped going to school. 1.5 more yrs to go and I should be done, I hope.
Posted via RS Mobile

shenmecar 08-17-2011 08:02 AM

Still trying to finish my damn degree. =_=

gdoh 08-17-2011 08:42 AM

how do you guys decide what to take?? im working atm but hate my job i want to go to school for accounting cuz i really liked it in highschool and was good at it

how do you deal with having no income? do you work part time? i plan to go to school in a year or so but im afraid it will be the wrong choice but im only 22 =s

FRStan 08-17-2011 08:48 AM

Second last semester... Pretty stoked
Posted via RS Mobile

dachinesedude 08-17-2011 09:59 AM

back to school? was never out of school

jayv 08-17-2011 10:06 AM

I'm actually excited for school. been working in and out of town all summer, made really good money and got offered a job to keep working without finishing my degree.. i was like f that see u next summer LOL:D

roastpuff 08-17-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by king_2011 (Post 7548231)
sorry, what degree did u initially have? and wat are u getting now?

I had a double major in Political Science and Economics with a focus on South East Asian Development/Conflict Management but I wanted to work for the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade - but no job postings this year, and CIDA wants Master's or equivalent (4-5 years of field experience minimum) for even entry-level positions...

I am going for the Bachelor of Computer Science (Integrated CS) second-degree program at UBC with a focus on GIS.

BrRsn 08-17-2011 12:29 PM

Excited for school to start back up :D Took summer semester off and volunteered in a research lab, realized that I really love what I'm doing. First year at school was a waste, but spring 2010 was my best semester ever, only way to top it is to do even better this semester :)

Btw, 3 months summer (almost 4), flew by way too fast.

dinosaur 08-17-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

I'm thinking about doing the same thing....I got my BA, worked for 6 years in my field then the economy crashed and work slowed drastically. I started doing residential property management which could not be further from my degree and my "career" job.

Now, I would really like to go back to school but I am almost gun-shy that the same thing will happen. I am still paying off my student loans from the first degree. I thought about going to BCIT to try and get something fast, but I wouldn't have time to work and therefore, could not afford it.

What I am doing now pays better than what I did for 6 years, but it is a little brainless. The plus is I make 60k+ and work at max 2-3 hours a day but I really don't feel like I am living up to my potential, but am scared to go back to university.

I should probably fail myself as I am sure most people would like to have this problem.

ugh.

Energy 08-17-2011 01:48 PM

Last two semesters of undergrad for me as well! After that is a different story.