REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 08-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,572 Times in 4,314 Posts
Garage door installer recos?

Someone who services Coquitlam and does good work for a reasonable price please.

I already have the doors.

Thanks.
Advertisement

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:04 PM   #2

Good dealing with Casp

Casp Enterprises Ltd-Home

fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol

RSUV #7
Old 08-30-2011, 03:45 PM   #3
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Thanks for the followup!

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:42 PM   #4

No problem.

Just to elaborate, my old doors were shit - wood framed panels with MDF centres. Once the paint failed, they just started soaking up moisture like a sponge. Eventually, they just started falling apart.

Got a new pair of Cloplay's from a sale at HD - a pair of 9x7', 2", insulated, 4 panels each.

I procrastinated installing these until one of the tension springs finally broke and I had to address it. The tracks were in great shape so I just installed the panels/rollers myself. It was my first time and I've never watched anyone do it before so going step by step, reading the instructions as I went, the first door took 2 hours to install. It was actually the easier of the two because the spring was broken, so there was no tension on the cables. The second one took 45 minutes. I took the bottom brackets off when the door was all the way up and had no tension on them. Once all the old panels were out of the way, I unhooked the cables from the lower brackets.

I've heard horror stories about people setting tension springs so I left to the pro from CASP. Jonas is a really easy guy to talk to, quoted me a fair price and had a guy out there the next morning. Johnny was right on time and explained what he was doing to adjust the spring tension. He also replaced the cables on one door and adjusted some tracks and garage door opener for optimal performance.

The door with the new spring now has perfect balance and requires almost no effort from the garage door opener. There was nothing wrong with the spring on the other door but it is too strong for the new, lighter door. Not really a big deal since I rarely open that side but if I want to change it, I'm now confident I can do it myself, safely.

RSUV #7
Old 08-30-2011, 05:22 PM   #5

EEeewwww... before I picked up the new doors I started scraping the old paint off and was going to try to get another year out of these:

After this happened, screw it, time for new doors:

Fcuk these things are heavy:

New doors are in but still a pain in the ass to open without the springs hooked up:

The writing on the spring was straight across before it was wound up. This bitch is under a lot of tension:

Fin. New trim, cut 1/4" off the ground, painted and caulked all the way around:

RSUV #7
Old 09-03-2011, 08:23 PM   #6
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

[/QUOTE]

Is the motor attached to the door in the pic? It looks like the top right corner and the top of the door isn't flush with the wall.
cunninglinguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #7

On this side of the garage there's a heating duct going upstairs on one side that prevents the vertical section of track from being the optimal height (about 6" short). To compensate for this, there's a special 2 part hinge at the top. It's made to follow the door and push out at the end of its travel.

There's no opener on this side (yet) and I have to redrill the track to mount the stoppers for the hinge in a different spot. I'm going to do that when I install the opener and weather-seal the perimeter.

RSUV #7