REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 08-28-2011, 11:51 PM   #1
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
The Official RS Aquarium Hobbyist Thread

Did a search and couldn't find anything. Recently started getting into aquariums and was wondering if there were any like minded individuals on here.

Post away!
Advertisement
Old 08-28-2011, 11:56 PM   #2
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
Anyone have any experience dealing with ick? My poor goldfish who's normally very active is just lying on the bottom of the tank now because there are white spots all over his tail. Read up on how to deal with it and treatment will begin tomorrow, but if anyone has anything useful to contribute about ick or anything related to this hobby then feel free to post away.

Old 08-29-2011, 01:04 PM   #3
degenerate extraordinaire

you're MUCH better off posting it on bcaquaria if you haven't already

or check the pets subsection?
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:23 PM   #4
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Also check out canreef for saltwater stuff.
Unfortunately, I gave up on this hobby. Used to have a nano reef tank with clownfishes and loads of corals.
Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:37 PM   #5
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

unfortunately i also gave up on the hobby, but for your gold fish situation. You should immediately take out the ones that has ick and treat him right away in a quarantine tank. But so you know, by the sound of your fishes being all on the bottom and not active most likely that they will not make it and sometimes by adding the treatment will make it worst. You must have done something big or stir around the tank too much and stress the fish out or even poor water quality, that's why they got ick..or did you put in some new fish? but most of the time i find that with new hobbyist, it's mostly because you overfeed it, and with gold fish it's even worst cus they shit like crazy and will not stop eating so you have to change water alot...if i were you...do a water change on the original tank and add some salt and see if they get any better...Remember, don't feed it too much..

good luck..
ImportXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:10 PM   #6
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,632 Posts
anyone else stuck maintaining a tank that you wanted no part of to begin with? :/

sad thing is, if it weren't for my efforts, the tank would go back to having green water and dead fish every week or so heh
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:19 PM   #7
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,079 Times in 368 Posts
I have a tank that I rarely ever maintain and my fish are still alive, because I have an over sized external canister filter.