REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Abs! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/652609-abs.html)

BlueTeg 08-30-2011 07:30 AM

Abs!

Hey guys, was wondering what your suggestions are in terms of getting a six pack.. This is my routine everyday. I have started to see some of my fat turn into muscle since my last post, and am very excited. Now I would like some advice on how I can specifically turn my abdominal fat into muscle. This is my daily routing 3 sets of each exercise... I do this before weights.

Bicycle crunches x 50

Toe reachesx15

oblique crunchesx15

Russian twist x 30

TIA!

RacePace 08-30-2011 07:33 AM

Toe reachesx15 :fulloffuck:

Spidey 08-30-2011 07:44 AM

lol.

sonick 08-30-2011 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueTeg (Post 7562142)
Now I would like some advice on how I can specifically turn my abdominal fat into muscle.

Eat better. Abs are made in the kitchen not in the gym.

!Yaminashi 08-30-2011 08:25 AM

Seriously just do like 450 crunches and use the ab roller...thats what I do

Seriously, abs are overrated

hal0g0dv2 08-30-2011 08:55 AM

Diet/ thread
Posted via RS Mobile

6insomnia9 08-30-2011 08:59 AM

Just fuck in missionary position?

DavidNguyen 08-30-2011 09:09 AM

Why are abs over rated?
Posted via RS Mobile

BlueTeg 08-30-2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6insomnia9 (Post 7562186)
Just fuck in missionary position?

I do, but lately my partner, he likes to be on top mostly.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidNguyen (Post 7562187)
Why are abs over rated?
Posted via RS Mobile

people who are fat/don't have abs, say it is overrated.

6insomnia9 08-30-2011 09:44 AM

Can we fuck?

SLEEP MOAR
GYM MOAR
RESULTS MOAR

mkings 08-30-2011 09:52 AM

The kitchen will bring you results the most. But continue to work at what you're doing, like 6insomnia9 said, sleep moar, gym moar, results moar, kitchen moar :)

jas_daddy 08-30-2011 11:12 AM

I like the sex moar suggestion

!Yaminashi 08-30-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueTeg (Post 7562188)
people who are fat/don't have abs, say it is overrated.

:lol says the noob
Everyone knows that abs arent made in the gym

Plus why waste your time doing ab work when you could be doing something more productive, like deadlifts :D

sonick 08-30-2011 12:33 PM

+1. Deadlifts would be more effective for abs than all those exercises the OP posted.

Fcukedd 08-30-2011 01:03 PM

People who can't see their abs make the mistake of doing a million ab exercises, hoping they would show. You already have abs, but you need to shed the fat that's covering it. Like the people above said, abs are made in the kitchen, meaning you have to adjust your diet (Google is your friend) As for being in the gym, concentrate on cardio, squats, and deadlifts, and they'll be visible in no time. ;)

dachinesedude 08-30-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueTeg (Post 7562188)
I do, but lately my partner, he likes to be on top mostly.

wait...what??

Matlock 08-30-2011 01:45 PM

My car has abs. :troll:

BlueTeg 08-30-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dachinesedude (Post 7562400)
wait...what??

What? My partner is a male.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fcukedd (Post 7562390)
People who can't see their abs make the mistake of doing a million ab exercises, hoping they would show. You already have abs, but you need to shed the fat that's covering it. Like the people above said, abs are made in the kitchen, meaning you have to adjust your diet (Google is your friend) As for being in the gym, concentrate on cardio, squats, and deadlifts, and they'll be visible in no time. ;)

So do you tell people who want larger and more defined triceps to do deadlifts, cardio, and squats? I don't know why people bash doing ab exercises. Even if you shed the layer of fat, what if you are genetically predetermined with abs that aren't as visible/defined(ie people who are smaller in terms of musculature). YOu can't tell them NOT to do abs if their goal is to increase their abdominal mass/definition.

MindBomber 08-30-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueTeg (Post 7562484)
So do you tell people who want larger and more defined triceps to do deadlifts, cardio, and squats? I don't know why people bash doing ab exercises. Even if you shed the layer of fat, what if you are genetically predetermined with abs that aren't as visible/defined(ie people who are smaller in terms of musculature). YOu can't tell them NOT to do abs if their goal is to increase their abdominal mass/definition.

Abs are not a muscle group that you will ever see a dramatic increase in size with, which is why shedding the fat is the answer to having them show, adding mass is a very minor part of the equation overall.

Alar 08-30-2011 03:17 PM

"specifically turn my abdominal fat into muscle"

There is no such thing as spot reduction. It is a complete myth. Also, I think you are getting the wrong idea from what people are saying although it is correct. Doing squats and dead lifts while incorporating cardio will be the best and most efficient way of shedding fat off your body as well as burning the most calories and producing/distributing the most lean muscle/testosterone.

Your ab routine should be performed after your workout as well, if at all. Most of my clients do ab work once a week and only 2 sets at that.The reason why people are recommending squats and dead lifts is because it involves intense core work, and produces the best gains. Excessive floor crunching can hinder your abdominal wall and potentially shorten the muscle head, will pull your head forward and encourage poor posture. Working your lower back from dead lifts will help greatly in bringing in and tightening your abdominals. Squats are key for a hard body.

Listen to what these guys are saying, it's all true.

jeedee 08-30-2011 03:24 PM

...Is OP a girl that wants abs [wtf?] or a man that wants abs and is a couple to another man? :fulloffuck:

LSF22 08-30-2011 03:36 PM

OP is a guy. Not sure if he has a SO or just "partners" though.

Fcukedd 08-30-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueTeg (Post 7562484)

I'm not bashing on ab exercises. What's the point of doing ab exercises when you cannot even see them anyways. My point was that you need to shed the fat covering your abs before trying to create any definition in them. Why did you even bring up the tricep thing? Squats and deadlifts are GREAT for your abs like Alar said.

PUPPY 08-30-2011 04:13 PM

OP, i have a six pack and i don't do toe reaches. mad?

mkings 08-30-2011 04:26 PM

OP, It takes months, maybe years to gain "mass" to abs. EVERYONE has abs, its just the fat on your body that covers them. If you get down to 6-7% body fat and tell me you dont like your abs, then do toe reaches.