REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   13 supercars impounded in Surrey? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/652730-13-supercars-impounded-surrey.html)

Sir_Loin 09-01-2011 09:54 AM

They weren't radared by any body so they'll probably get tickets for driving recklessly due to the numerous calls made by drivers on the road. I'm surprised there were no reports of any accidents I mean speeding up to "200KMPH" during the start of rush hour should have resulted in an accident or two.

6insomnia9 09-01-2011 09:57 AM

Driving without due care is probably one of the worst charges you can get.

s300ae 09-01-2011 09:58 AM

Riots = 100s of arrests 0 charges
Reckless driving = 13 arrests... I see another goose egg in the future.

The criminal justice here is a joke. If anyone on here thinks they'll receive jail time for this must be as stupid as those kids.
Posted via RS Mobile

hypediss 09-01-2011 10:05 AM

i read the driving without due care is 6 points and i think that alone would mean a suspended license for many of these n's and l's

regardless - really hope they lose their license instead of having them suspended

platinum300 09-01-2011 10:07 AM

What really bugs me about this story is the way the police handled the situation. They basically arrested and impounded these exotic cars from the public phoning in without any hard evidence from a speed trap or actually a police officer seeing the actual event.

What happens if I happen to drive an exotic car and I happen to be driving through the Massey Tunnel at the same time. I'm pretty sure I would of been arrested and my car impounded.

What will happen if I see some douche bag and I didn't like the way he drove and I call 911 to report that he's driving like an idiot with speeds up to 200km/hr. Is the police going to hunt him down and arrest and impound his car?

Great68 09-01-2011 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nns (Post 7564412)
Who cares how fast they were going. It was fast enough to get people to call the cops after them. It's not like everybody who called was from RS looking to troll these guys. It was Joe Public.
Posted via RS Mobile

In my opinion it's fundamentally wrong that based on the word of Joe Public something as drastic as vehicle impoundment can be applied, regardless of how many people called it in. If that's what happened in this case then that's fucked up.

If the police did in fact witness the act, then I have no problem with the penalties they got.

white rocket 09-01-2011 10:25 AM

I wish driving skill and common sense dictated what car you were allowed to purchase. These fucktards will pay for the impoundment and infractions with the change in their couch, hop in their highly undeserved supercars and continue to make our roads unsafe.

s2upid 09-01-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great68 (Post 7564482)
In my opinion it's fundamentally wrong that based on the word of Joe Public something as drastic as vehicle impoundment can be applied, regardless of how many people called it in. If that's what happened in this case then that's fucked up.

If the police did in fact witness the act, then I have no problem with the penalties they got.

What about if the public calls in about a drunk driver, but when the officer finds them, they're not as drunk as they called in?

unit 09-01-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiuYi (Post 7564383)
+1

doing 200km/h near george massey at 3pm? unless these cars could actually fly, i find it highly unlikely

i'd be pissed the fck off if somebody called in and said i was going a certain speed and the po took it for fact and impounded my car too

although i agree that they shouldnt be impounded without proof of driving so fast, its not hard to do 200 in a car like a ferrari. few seconds on the gas from normal hwy speeds and you're there.

Supafly 09-01-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unit (Post 7564501)
although i agree that they shouldnt be impounded without proof of driving so fast, its not hard to do 200 in a car like a ferrari. few seconds on the gas from normal hwy speeds and you're there.

its not hard to do 200km/h in a built and boosted civic/mustang/hyundai either.....:rolleyes:

Noir 09-01-2011 10:33 AM

Suspending license is just a joke. If they're inconsiderate enough to engage in publically dangerous activities, what makes you think that they'll be considerate enough honouring the privileges of a simple a plastic card (or lackthereof).

Qmx323 09-01-2011 10:34 AM

haha, leave the country for a while

right back at it here

Great68 09-01-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AME_VIP (Post 7564380)

Anyone here got a ticket based on someone calling you in?

Years ago one of my buddies got one with his '69 Camaro.

One day we had been playing with the carb and he decided to give it a short go in 1st gear down the street to test our efforts. One of the neighbors phoned and complained and a cop showed up later in the day with a ticket alleging he was doing 100km/h down the street.

It was total bullshit, my buddy runs 4.10's in the back of his Camaro, so 1st @ 7000RPM you'd be doing 50km/h MAX but I imagine to the fuckface neighbors a 400hp Musclecar @ 7000RPM probably sounded like warp speed.

According to the cops on here if a judge deems the fuckwad a credible witness, the ticket would stick. Any old fuck could be deemed a "credible witness" especially if the defendant is a young adult.

My buddy never fought the ticket, I gave him shit for that.

Supafly 09-01-2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great68 (Post 7564508)
Years ago one of my buddies got one with his '69 Camaro.

One day we had been playing with the carb and he decided to give it a short go in 1st gear down the street to test our efforts. One of the neighbors phoned and complained and a cop showed up later in the day with a ticket alleging he was doing 100km/h down the street.

It was total bullshit, my buddy runs 4.10's in the back of his Camaro, so 1st @ 7000RPM you'd be doing 50km/h MAX but I imagine to the fuckface neighbors a 400hp Musclecar @ 7000RPM probably sounded like warp speed.

According to the cops on here if a judge deems the fuckwad a credible witness, the ticket would stick. My buddy never fought the ticket, I gave him shit for that.

I got called in on one before....for "wreckless driving"....the constable gave me verbal shit over the phone trying to scare me :rolleyes:....I told them, that if you're going to charge me, I'd be glad to see everyone in court (all the "witnesses" apparently there was 6 peoples.. )

No charges laid.

GLOW 09-01-2011 10:47 AM

sounds like too much F&F and initial d

http://cdn.chillnite.com/wp-content/...inkyfinger.jpg

:troll:

Greenstoner 09-01-2011 10:48 AM

Lets be real, if you see exotic cars on the streets.. normally people would admires it even if its speeding.

they must be driving so stupidly for people starts calling cops on them

either excessive speeding or driving dangerously..

xpl0sive 09-01-2011 10:50 AM

i wonder how many of these witnesses are actually trained at estimating speed to be calling in 200km/h street racing supercars? These kids will get off the driving without due care and speeding tickets by paying for a half decent lawyer. I doubt they will be able to convince the superintendent to let them keep their licenses and they will have to pay the impound fees because of this stupid new law. the police are now allowed to convict a person of a crime on the side of the road and take theirs, or in this case, their parent's property and hold it. That sounds illegal to me.... But if the cop's story is true about two cars hanging back holding up traffic, while the other two lined up to race, then i'm sure these guys went well over 200km/h... oh well what can you do...

Volvoman 09-01-2011 10:50 AM

Took this pic a while back, wonder if this was one of them

http://members.shaw.ca/volvoman/inde...ikon/lambo.jpg

hk20000 09-01-2011 10:52 AM

I think there was this scenario where the police had to "chase down" a bunch of those other cars that tried to flee - hence the evidence for that bunch...

the others? Maybe they are so bad in English and police questioning that they just downright admitted that they did a 200kph.

But who here with a 300+HP car hasn't done a 200 just to see how things go? Sure it's stupid to try to block off traffic and do it in the day time but it's 200 all the same.

s300ae 09-01-2011 10:52 AM

That guy ^^ tried to race me on burrard bridge once after the red room.

Edit: guy in the lambo lol
Posted via RS Mobile

hk20000 09-01-2011 10:54 AM

^ That guy is not me. Just to clarify.

Qmx323 09-01-2011 10:54 AM

shit i've done 200km/hr+ in my 240...

in NFS shift.

:troll:

Pharoh 09-01-2011 10:56 AM

Proof?

oh I'd bet video of the actual events will surface sooner or later...either from a witness who saw all the nice cars flying by, or a tunnel cam or maybe even (as we've seen with the riots) in the hands of the idiots behind the wheels or in the passenger seats.

I'd still like to see what grounds they police had to impound the cars, not that I care...I'm just curious.

I can't watch the video from the office but was this a case of a roadblock being set somewhere or did the police intercept them in the act?

asahai69 09-01-2011 10:57 AM

He should have just blamed it on the nearest white dude. Lol
Posted via RS Mobile

xpl0sive 09-01-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pharoh (Post 7564532)
Proof?

oh I'd bet video of the actual events will surface sooner or later...either from a witness who saw all the nice cars flying by, or a tunnel cam or maybe even (as we've seen with the riots) in the hands of the idiots behind the wheels or in the passenger seats.

I'd still like to see what grounds they police had to impound the cars, not that I care...I'm just curious.

I can't watch the video from the office but was this a case of a roadblock being set somewhere or did the police intercept them in the act?

from the picture in the article, the lambo was being towed from a city street, not on the side of HWY99, so they did not get caught in the act

http://fastcache.gawkerassets.com/as...9/race1top.jpg