REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 09-07-2011, 07:54 AM   #1
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,816 Times in 448 Posts
Shipping to the USA

I'm selling off some headlight modules and need to ship to the USA.

I've got all the packaging done and they are all boxed up...what would be
the most cost effective yet reliable method of shipping WITH tracking
information?

I checked Canada Post and they have the cheapest way via
'expeditated parcel USA'.

Also...what kind of form has to be filled out and do I declare the value
of the good the same as the price that it was sold for?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Acura604 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #2
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Canadapost is fine for most things. Just make sure it has tracking/confirmation. The postal worker will help you with the necessary forms. The price is generally what it was sold for. IF the package is broken you'll get that declared value provided there is insurance. On the flip side, it is also how much they'll tax whomever is receiving the package.
Farfetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 11:41 PM   #3

Thanked 5,416 Times in 2,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura604 View Post
I've got all the packaging done and they are all boxed up...what would be
the most cost effective yet reliable method of shipping WITH tracking
information?

I checked Canada Post and they have the cheapest way via
'expeditated parcel USA'.
Yeah, expedited is fine cost wise but expect delivery to the US to be within 2-4 weeks depending how long customs inspects it for. If you're looking for a faster service, Xpresspost is perfect, but pricey. It's up to you; you pay for what you get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acura604 View Post
Also...what kind of form has to be filled out and do I declare the value
of the good the same as the price that it was sold for?
You'll have to fill out a form at CanadaPost which contains the name of the item, value, weight and signature. For the value, it's up to you. Just a tip though, to minimize brokerage fees/custom fees upon US arrival, the best would be to mark the item as a gift with a $40 value. But you could mark it the value you sold it for, but you could expect a pissed off buyer demanding why they had to pay more.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:31 PM   #4
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

The most cost effective way to ship (if you have the time and are planning a trip down there) is to drive it down to point roberts or blaine.

Shipping to anywhere in the world is cheaper from US Postal Service than it is from Canada post. It's kinda ridiculous that sending a package from Vancouver to say Toronto is about 50% more than using US Postal from Blaine to Toronto.
dave123 is offline   Reply With Quote