REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 09-16-2011, 08:50 AM   #26
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
PS...that bathroom is fucking shit nasty. Get started soon, and take it out of its misery.
Advertisement
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:00 AM   #27
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
micro wave and micro oven in bathroom fuckin genius
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #28
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Have a project of my own: turning old bathroom by turnin walk-in closet into a bigger on-suite bathroom

Posted via RS Mobile
s300ae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 03:57 PM   #29
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
A drywaller that works in your area can fit you in around other large projects and if you aren't in a hurry, its kind of free money for them. Drywall works on volume, as there is downtime on each project. You end up having a day on site where all you do is come and slam some mud on the wall and leave.
The key if you decide to sub out the mud and tape is to make clear to whoever you hire that your not that experienced with boarding, because the amount of time it takes to tape will be affected by how well you did hanging the board. It's a pretty small space so it won't take them long regardless, but it's better they know what to expect walking into a job.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:38 AM   #30
My homepage has been set to RS

Finally had the time to start this bad boy.. cant really see it but the floor + tub is filled with drywall ..
Whoever built this house decided to leave a LOT of random drywall in between the walls.. I pulled out enough small/medium size pieces behind the wall to remask a full wall.. that and a medium sized tube/plumb cleaning stick...

Ill post more pics once I clean + take out the tub.. maybe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0972.JPG (57.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0973.JPG (63.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0974.JPG (81.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0975.JPG (92.4 KB, 0 views)
MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:49 AM   #31
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
found it,
marine drive and knight - Google Maps

just in case you live in this neighborhood, you can go to them for the drywall.

and if your not good with the mudding then it just equals to more sanding LOL.
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-18-2011, 07:44 AM   #32
Banned By Establishment

PLEASE wear a respirator while you are doing the demo. Not one of those paper ones, but spring the $40 and go buy a big heavy duty respirator.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:29 PM   #33

uhhh might be a little late but I was using a N95 mask + safety goggles ?
Old 09-20-2011, 07:31 AM   #34
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

good enough

just replace it every once in a while
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:14 AM   #35
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 5,158 Times in 579 Posts
does the fucking devil shit in your washroom? fucking groce.
Chronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:44 PM   #36

Anyone mind giving me a quick quote on how much this would cost for plumbing? Would really appreciate it!

The below picture is my tub plumbing... The problem is the the water faucet part is to low and my new tub will cover over it.. also need to slightly change/extend the tubing for the overflow and where the general waste water goes.

I aint no plumber but from what I see all that really needs to be done is.
- A: needs to be cut and pulled up higher to fit the tub
- B: both need to be cut (to allow the pull up) then reconnected by putting extension pieces in
- C: cut and resized to fit new bathtub

Edit: Got a quote from a contractor(over the phone) - he said the job would probably take about 2-3 hours, labour + material would be MAX $400.. said he would have to see the site before making a better estimate.
(Pretty much told him what I said above.. minus the picture)
Some input would be awesome. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1115.JPG (53.4 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by MelonBoy; 11-07-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:32 PM   #37
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

do yourself a favor and get a new tub faucet that has a temp regulator...the plumber will re rough everything in and really shouldn't take more than an hour or two

the tub drain should be fine, those are pretty standard but either way he'll get a new overflow kit and install it....the only tricky part is it looks like this is in the basement and he may need to jack hammer the concrete away to reconnect the new overflow
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:55 PM   #38
Banned By Establishment

Ok. Everything you have there is garbage. Bag it up, and sell it for scrap.

Basically, you need to do the following:

1. Drain: You can buy a new one at HD for 24.95 for the fancy kind with the clicker for the drain stop, or less for the fug rubber stopper kind. The pipe gets cut, sand the edges and use a fermco rubber adapter to connect the PVC to the existing pipe. The adapter is $7-10

2. Call a plumber to install a new single handle shower faucet assembly, with the heat regulator as stated above. I like to use the type with the built in shut off valves, so if there is an issue, you don't need to shut off water to the house again. They are usually $100 and up depending on what you want to do. The ones I use are Glacier Bay, which doesn't excite me, but they have the shut off valves, and are available at HD. $119.

You'll need some fittings: couple of elbows, some pipe some and threaded fittings either male or female depending on the faucet. Your plumber can provide these as needed...probably about $30-40.

Most plumbers over the phone are quoting you at roughly $100/hour.

So, that should be max 3 hours-$300. I'd have him do the tub at the same time so that the drain is done correctly, and that can be an hour extra depending on how tight the room, and fit is.

I come out to $500 plus tax. Doing anything less is risky and asking for trouble. Why are you going to go to all this effort or a new tub, and new tile and do all that on top of old taps?

You've got it all apart-now is the time to do it right. Call my plumber if you want it done right, and not be jerked around on time. His contact info is in the polybutylene thread. I think his charge out rate is $98/hr but he doesn't fuck around on site and run up a bill.

Last edited by Gridlock; 11-08-2011 at 08:23 PM. Reason: I'm a dumbass and didn't see the big hoking shut off valves right in the middle of the picture. Edited out valve talk.
This post thanked by: