REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Near death experiences (https://www.revscene.net/forums/653318-near-death-experiences.html)

6insomnia9 09-11-2011 10:52 AM

Near death experiences

Yesterday night I was leaving my friend's house after a nice little Hot Pot session and my friend and i were just talking outside, i had my car door open while we were talking.

I see a car coming speeding really fast behind me (at least 60) , this street is super narrow and only had enough space for one passing car and it was super tight fit, if didnt pull back one door 1 second faster i would have got hit with that car with my door and maybe become a vegetable or worse death.

My heart was pounding so hard :/

I hope no one of you guys drive like that ..

The street view of the narrow street.

But imagine that street filled with cars on both sides.

LiquidTurbo 09-11-2011 10:59 AM

Cool story bro!

Kidding. Glad you see you are alive.

bartone 09-11-2011 12:15 PM

That's why you dont stand in the middle of a narrow road
Posted via RS Mobile

Culverin 09-11-2011 01:18 PM

I almost got run over by an ambulance.

I was making a left from Burrard eastwards onto Georgia, light turned amber. Ambulance slowed, then stopped, then just as I started moving, it floored it, no siren. No lights, no honk. Nothing.

Had to slam on my brakes to avoid getting plowed from the side. Almost low sided my bike when that happened.

rsx 09-11-2011 01:21 PM

I drive like that, especially when people just stand on the street talking like idiots. Fucking Richmond hongers always do that.

Szeto 09-11-2011 01:46 PM

why would you leave your door open? close your door, roll down the window.......

XplicitLuder 09-11-2011 01:49 PM

glad you're alive but ..no one to blame but yourself. Next time don't stand by your car talking with the door open ?

Fcukedd 09-11-2011 01:49 PM

Not really a death experience, but something I'll never forget

When I was like 10ish, I had swimming lessons with my younger brother. We were in the higher levels, and I believe one of the requirements were to tread water for I believe 3-5 minutes? Anyways, as we approached the end, my brother couldn't hold on any longer and pushed my head down in order to keep himself up LOL Drowning me to save himself :fuckthatshit:

tool001 09-11-2011 01:50 PM

ride a motorcycle....u will feel like that almost everyday when dumb car drivers do stupid things without looking around.
changing lane without blind spot check, turn left at a red light without checking for on coming traffice. riders dont have cage around them to protect them

when i drive my car i give motorcycle extra room..

Anjew 09-11-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fcukedd (Post 7574773)

When I was like 10ish, I had swimming lessons with my younger brother. We were in the higher levels, and I believe one of the requirements were to tread water for I believe 3-5 minutes? Anyways, as we approached the end, my brother couldn't hold on any longer and pushed my head down in order to keep himself up LOL Drowning me to save himself :fuckthatshit:

dont think that he didnt care about you. billion year old natural instincts for survival kicked in.

StylinRed 09-11-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fcukedd (Post 7574773)

when i was 10 and my class was learning to swim @Renfrew CC the instructor got us all to jump in the pool and stand up but i just jumped in and stayed under for a few mins :lol i wasn't freaked out but the lifeguard pulled me up and started freaking out about why i was such an idiot :lol

to OP that's really just a close-call not the typical use of near-death-xp :P

dealt 09-11-2011 03:05 PM

Masturbated 41 times in 1 day but came to my senses and stopped. :troll:

2 n r 09-11-2011 03:37 PM

^LOL damn, you beat me to it

TheKingdom2000 09-11-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6insomnia9 (Post 7574640)
Yesterday night I was leaving my friend's house after a nice little Hot Pot session and my friend and i were just talking outside, i had my car door open while we were talking.

I see a car coming speeding really fast behind me (at least 60) , this street is super narrow and only had enough space for one passing car and it was super tight fit, if didnt pull back one door 1 second faster i would have got hit with that car with my door and maybe become a vegetable or worse death.

My heart was pounding so hard :/

I hope no one of you guys drive like that ..

The street view of the narrow street.

But imagine that street filled with cars on both sides.

I don't understand why anyone leaves their car door open?
Especially since you know the street is narrow as fuck.
Granted, the driver should not be going that fast on a residential street, but you need to be smart about things like that.

Paco, Michelle, or Mrs. Hung would not be impressed if you caused an accident right outside their got damn house =D

46_valentinor 09-11-2011 05:37 PM

paKo""""" =D
you sure you weren't just super stoned and misjudged the cars speed when it was actually crawling at 30km/h?:troll:

quasi 09-11-2011 05:53 PM

Closest thing I had was when I was about 15 driving through the mountains around Christmas with my family. We were in Rogers pass and my sister looks up and says, "dad look at the waterfall". An avalanche was coming down right at us, 2 lane road at the time ( 1 each way) with a cliff drop off on the one side. My dad just kept on the gas and all the sudden everything went white, couldn't see anything and it sounded like 1000 fists beating on the truck. He kept driving without being able to see where he was going and we eventually came out of it.

We all thought we were dead for sure.

punkwax 09-11-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tool001 (Post 7574774)
ride a motorcycle....u will feel like that almost everyday when dumb car drivers do stupid things without looking around.
changing lane without blind spot check, turn left at a red light without checking for on coming traffice. riders dont have cage around them to protect them

when i drive my car i give motorcycle extra room..

No offense if you're one of the responsible motorcyclists out there, but I've found that SO many guys on crotch rockets talk shit about people in cars when they themselves are the fucktards out there. Weaving in and out of traffic, abusing shoulders in rush hour traffic etc. All illegal, all highly dangerous and despite doing all this irresponsible shit they have this attitude like they own the damn road. :speechless:

tool001 09-11-2011 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nodnarb (Post 7575005)
No offense if you're one of the responsible motorcyclists out there, but I've found that SO many guys on crotch rockets talk shit about people in cars when they themselves are the fucktards out there. Weaving in and out of traffic, abusing shoulders in rush hour traffic etc. All illegal, all highly dangerous and despite doing all this irresponsible shit they have this attitude like they own the damn road. :speechless:

i totally agree,, i think those riders weaving in an out of traffic are just asking for it. rides need to act responsibly for thr own lives , rather than trust other with it on the road

kevin7352 09-11-2011 06:24 PM

do you realize that you just posted up your friend's exact house address? (i think)

anyways, glad you're alive :D

dinosaur 09-11-2011 06:24 PM

I was surfing (poorly) down in Oregon at Devil's Punch bowl...got held under by a few waves and became totally disoriented. Ran out of breath and everything was grey and black. Just as I thought, "this was it", I popped up and dragged myself to the shore where I just laid there for what seemed like forever. For a good 4 days after I had salt water coming out of my ears and nose....so gross and SO FUCKING SCARY!

drunkrussian 09-11-2011 07:56 PM

one time my gf almost dragged me that robert pattison chick flick "water for elephants". i almost commited suicide. good thing she reconsidered. close one bros.
Posted via RS Mobile

Happy 09-11-2011 08:15 PM

wait.. does OP really think another car hitting his car door would kill him?
what's wrong with this world

BlackZRoadster 09-11-2011 08:17 PM

i always have near death experience eating jelly fish at chinese restaurants.

you wouldnt believe how many times the jelly fish gets dangled half way down the throat and the other half still in my mouth.

literally my life flashes before my eyes, and after a couple of seconds "everything was better than expected" , than 1 minute later it happens again. DAMN JELLY FISH Y U SO DELISH!!!

LenovoTurbo 09-11-2011 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackZRoadster (Post 7575166)
i always have near death experience eating jelly fish at chinese restaurants.

you wouldnt believe how many times the jelly fish gets dangled half way down the throat and the other half still in my mouth.

literally my life flashes before my eyes, and after a couple of seconds "everything was better than expected" , than 1 minute later it happens again. DAMN JELLY FISH Y U SO DELISH!!!

Chew before you swallow :troll:

MG1 09-11-2011 08:32 PM

I suffer from sleep paralysis. Closest thing to near death exerience for me. I get to the point I start some serious panic attacks. I no longer sleep in on weekends or sleep for long periods of time. It isn't a once in a while thing. Another reason I log on to RS so much. Sleep is scary. Only power naps for me.