REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official No Need To Start a New Thread, Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/653341-official-no-need-start-new-thread-thread.html)

v_tec 08-01-2015 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majestic12 (Post 8666396)
Anybody know a place to buy the Chinese red pockets? Preferably in downtown/Chinatown, but Richmond can be done too. I'm getting married tomorrow and need a fuckton of them so I can give my hard-earned money away. (Not bitter at all) :)

Just walk down Chinatown and you should find plenty. For Richmond - there's a stand when you walk right into Yoahan.

Or, if you're withdrawing a bunch of cash bills anyways, you can try your luck and ask the bank if they have any. TD + HSBC usually have a bunch - but at this time of the year YMMV.

Jmac 08-01-2015 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOW (Post 8665671)
dude threw the first punch and started a street fight - no rules. it stops when whoever is giving the beat down decides to stop, and everyone deals with the legal stuff after.

the soccer kick by fighter 2 is totally harsh, but since the guy didn't get chocked out, limb or joints snapped - to me that's a show of restraint. i'd say he made out OK for something he started with throwing the first punch.

google roger huerta another pro fighter. he's 145-155 lb and beat down a college/pro linebacker after he KO'd a 5' 100lb girl. media likes to post these type of hero stories b/c it makes headlines.

you could fault huerta for jumping in and starting a fight, but IMO not for beating the guy down until he can't get up, it's a street fight and he's a small guy. he has to use his skills/abilities to prevent from the big guy from using his (size/athleticism) b/c he'd be on the other side of a beating from a bigger guy and who knows when he decides to stop.

They're professional fighters who, in part, escalated a common (at night clubs, at least), albeit impolite, gesture into a fight.

Reverse the roles with a female grabbing a male UFC fighter's friend's ass and, even if the female took the first swing, the two male UFC fighters would be crucified.

Part of the responsibility of being a professionally-trained fighter is avoiding this kind of shit, regardless of gender.

This wasn't an attempted murder or armed robbery where it would be okay.

The_Situation 08-01-2015 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8665646)
Apparently going from self defense to beating the shit out of someone is now "justice" because the guy pinched someones ass. Fucking morons these days, if it was anything other than a man getting beaten by women I doubt anyone would be cheering for this cunt.

Two female UFC fighters beat up pervert outside club

He spat in her face. Let me spit in your face and see how you react

Jmac 08-01-2015 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Situation (Post 8666414)

You seriously buy this series of events?

- Guy grabs UFC fighter's friend's ass
- UFC fighter and guy exchange words
- Guy spits in UFC fighter's face and takes a swing

It's probably more like ...

- Guy grabs UFC fighter's friend's ass
- UFC fighter and guy exchange words
- Some other shit happens
- Guy spits in UFC fighter's face and takes a swing

What that other shit is, I don't know, but I refuse to believe that some guy just decides to take a swing at some chick in a night club after a brief verbal exchange.

underscore 08-01-2015 05:02 PM

^ that's where it gets tricky, depending on which article you read the story varies from him making the first move to her making the first move. In either version at no point did he interact with the fighter who took a running soccer kick (seriously, wtf) at the guys groin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Situation (Post 8666414)

Alright lets say you spit in my face. You think a perfectly reasonable response is for me to throw you in a choke, smash you in the face, throw you in another choke while my friend takes a running kick at your gentlemens area and then wrap up with more bashing your face before you can even get a word out?

Yes that sounds like a completely reasonable reaction. Especially the part where a random third person, with whom you haven't interacted with at all, takes a running kick at you while you're restrained.

dlo 08-02-2015 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8666455)
^ that's where it gets tricky, depending on which article you read the story varies from him making the first move to her making the first move. In either version at no point did he interact with the fighter who took a running soccer kick (seriously, wtf) at the guys groin.

Alright lets say you spit in my face. You think a perfectly reasonable response is for me to throw you in a choke, smash you in the face, throw you in another choke while my friend takes a running kick at your gentlemens area and then wrap up with more bashing your face before you can even get a word out?

Yes that sounds like a completely reasonable reaction. Especially the part where a random third person, with whom you haven't interacted with at all, takes a running kick at you while you're restrained.

it is not reasonable to do that, however that would be what is expected when u spit in someones face..

The_Situation 08-03-2015 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8666455)

Who are you to set the standard on the appropriate way to react to getting spit on. There are plenty of people that take that as the highest form of disrespect.

MG1 08-03-2015 07:32 PM

On this BC Day, if you have some time, check out some of the programmes on Knowledge Network. I just happened to switch to the channel and got hooked on a documentary called Dreamers and Dissidents. Stories of people who live in and around Nelson, BC. History of the Kootenays.

6o4__boi 08-05-2015 09:46 AM

thinkin of changing the tranny oil on dd teg sometime before the end of summer.
i think i used castrol 10w30 4 or 5 years ago

any recommendations on oil and a shop in the tri cities that can do it? (and how much?)

fliptuner 08-05-2015 09:56 AM

MTF? DIY or bring it over.

http://honda-tech.com/acura-integra-...-fluid-965397/

I use syncromesh in mine but ymmv.

6o4__boi 08-05-2015 10:18 AM

yeah mtf
too hard for diy lol, last time i did it on a lift and the bolt was a bitch to remove
i don't have access to a lift or space this time around

sure, i'll give you a head's up if i can bring it over. thanks!

fliptuner 08-05-2015 11:22 AM

Sounds good.

Some people and their fucking kids. :rukidding:

Good for the performer for calling them out.

GLOW 08-05-2015 12:54 PM

imagine if he face planted they would have ran like fuuuuuuck

6o4__boi 08-06-2015 12:30 PM

Taxi drivers look like 'thugs' in anti-Uber video, Ottawa mayor says - Ottawa - CBC News

just...lol.

melloman 08-06-2015 01:11 PM

:fulloffuck:

The only reason Uber doesn't exist in Canada is because of the stupid government.

IIRC they tried it in Vancouver and the province made a $75 minimum fee mandatory. Yet Uber is supposed to help drop prices, it would only kill the taxi business because the government is killing them with taxes and fees.

underscore 08-06-2015 01:39 PM

^ Uber has some pretty shady business practices, I'd never consider using their services.

CharlesInCharge 08-06-2015 07:22 PM

Anyone else see the black jet flying over downtown just now?

Hondaracer 08-06-2015 07:40 PM

lol

Hondaracer 08-06-2015 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8668089)
^ Uber has some pretty shady business practices, I'd never consider using their services.

i didnt really think much of it before, but i had 4 friends from TO come to BC this past weekend and all 4 swear by it

Hondaracer 08-06-2015 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge (Post 8668195)
Anyone else see the black jet flying over downtown just now?

lol.. of course you spotted it, and thats why i made the first lol comment

however, the airshow is in town this weekend, and the F-22 is along with that. Dont know if it or any of the airshow planes would be around downtown though

CharlesInCharge 08-06-2015 08:09 PM

Oh I see... it looked pretty modern and it had something small and flimsy looking flying beside it. The sound was orgasmic.

Boostslut 08-06-2015 08:20 PM

Breitling Air Demo team. Saw them flying over downtown also. Awesome! Maybe they were doing a photoshoot, perfect day for it!

PiuYi 08-06-2015 08:37 PM

^saw them flying over Richmond too, pretty sick

at first I thought it might be the blue angels, but they didn't look like it

Quote:

Originally Posted by underscore (Post 8668089)

elaborate? is it the competition with Lyft? that was ugly on both sides... To me, Uber is the evolution of taxis and government shouldn't get in the way of progress. Taxi drivers are the victims of technological advancement but I find it hard to feel sorry for them when they've lobbied to keep Vancouver taxi-starved for so many years..

underscore 08-06-2015 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8668209)
i didnt really think much of it before, but i had 4 friends from TO come to BC this past weekend and all 4 swear by it

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiuYi (Post 8668232)
elaborate? is it the competition with Lyft? that was ugly on both sides... To me, Uber is the evolution of taxis and government shouldn't get in the way of progress. Taxi drivers are the victims of technological advancement but I find it hard to feel sorry for them when they've lobbied to keep Vancouver taxi-starved for so many years..

Things like tracking users and not properly securing the data, even bringing up random peoples location data during parties (I don't remember the specifics but it was something like that), intentionally breaking bylaws in multiple cities, remotely connecting to their system (in Montreal IIRC) from another country and deleting files relevant to a police investigation, etc, etc. As far as getting you from A to B I'm sure they work just fine, but as a company they're dog shit.

MG1 08-06-2015 09:10 PM

Go, Jays, GO!

They is on faiyah. The stats are amazing.

And what's with that dumbass fan? Gave the other team an automatic double. I'm surprised he didn't get his ass handed to him by the other fans. Got ejected, but just dumb.