REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official No Need To Start a New Thread, Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/653341-official-no-need-start-new-thread-thread.html)

MG1 01-13-2019 12:48 PM

Nope. Hint #1. He’s........... EDIT: had to make it a little harder. He’s not Asian.

welfare 01-16-2019 06:23 AM

ssjGoku69 01-22-2019 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8762617)
If your car is running, you're using gas.

Riding the clutch means the clutch is partially disengaged. This will prematurely wear out your flywheel and disc. Plus your leg will not be happy.

Do you drive a car that has a fuel efficiency meter on it?

So does this mean that clutch isn't being worn when it's pushed all the way to the floor (fully disengaged)?

I've been practicing hill start by going up the hill 5-10 meters then neutralling down with gravity (with clutch to the floor to try again). Unsure if the clutch is getting killed when pushed all the way down.

SpeedStars 01-22-2019 08:26 PM

The clutch is disengaged from the flywheel so it's just spinning and not making contact with anything when you push the pedal all the way down. If anything, you would be wearing out the throw out bearing.

SSM_DC5 01-27-2019 12:23 PM

Question about BCAA....

Can members tow a car to a repair shop from their house? Not for like a broken starter, but maybe you don't have insurance on the car and don't want to be bothered to insure and drive it to the shop.

Hondaracer 01-27-2019 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 (Post 8937541)
Question about BCAA....

Can members tow a car to a repair shop from their house? Not for like a broken starter, but maybe you don't have insurance on the car and don't want to be bothered to insure and drive it to the shop.

They don’t care, they don’t ask you to start it etc

I just towed my truck from Vancouver to Surrey, he just showed up I showed him ID and that was it

SSM_DC5 01-27-2019 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8937542)
They don’t care, they don’t ask you to start it etc

I just towed my truck from Vancouver to Surrey, he just showed up I showed him ID and that was it

Didn't ask you to start it? But don't they try to fix it before towing?

fliptuner 01-27-2019 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 (Post 8937541)
Question about BCAA....

Technically, they won't tow an uninsured vehicle. Technically.

Hondaracer 01-27-2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 (Post 8937543)
Didn't ask you to start it? But don't they try to fix it before towing?

My engine had a blown spark plug sleeve. It would have started but for all they know it would have caused more damaged to start.

I’ve had vehicles towed 3-4 times and they’ve never asked to start it or attempt to fix whatever the issue was. Each time I was legitimately towing it to a mechanic but I wouldn’t think it would be any different just to tow anywhere really

SSM_DC5 01-27-2019 02:10 PM

I see. Ok what about if the car is missing panels? Like no fender, no trunk or something like that one might think the car has been in an accident.

MG1 01-31-2019 03:17 PM

Good thing scammers are dumb..................
Got this in my mailbox.

Quote:

iCloud information need to be update

We would like to inform you that some of your account information is incorrect. We need to verify your Apple ID information to maintain your account. You can check the account information by sign in to your Apple ID via browser.
Are you fucking kidding me? Chinglish much? Almost as bad as one of our illustrious grammar drop outs?

Right off the bat, you know they're scammers. Spelling seems to be okay, but the grammar is hilarious.

All your base are belong to us.

Or as xxxxx would say, “Ah your bass our belong too us.”

stewie 02-01-2019 12:40 PM

Not sure if this was ever said in the signs your phone is listening to you thread but I came across this today and thought it was pretty impressive.

1) Go to google

2) Click the top right circle with your initial and click the blue Google Account button

3) Left tab – Data & personalization and then Voice & Audio Activity
Manage Activity

I can listen to all the google questions I've asked since 2015. I don't even use it... maybe once in a blue moon I'll give it a whirl. I had one from yesterday so I clicked play. I know I didn't use it yesterday so I was curious. It was my boss talking asking his phone a question and my phone must've picked it up and recorded it. I remember the conversation he was having with another coworker when he had asked his question. Me and him don't sit together. there's a good 15ft + semi wall between us. Impressive. I'm going through a bunch of them and deleting them all one by one.

CivicBlues 02-01-2019 01:41 PM

^creepy af

Just went through mine. Most of mine are recordings from Ads on TV. Especially ads for Google Home. LOL fail.

PiuYi 02-03-2019 08:46 PM

anyone know where I can throw out old auto parts? I have headlights I need to get rid of

MG1 02-03-2019 11:44 PM

I went into Continental Meats on Nanaimo and Broadway the other day and saw the rack with 50% off Christmas products. Saw this interesting box with a picture of plums on it. I thought, 'What the hell?" I bought the box. $6.00. Tried it out when I got home and wow............ I mean Kapowee! It was oozing with goodness. I've never had anything quite like it. I went back the next day to get the last box. It was a special order item and they're not bringing them back. Anyway, there must be other places that carry this stuff, right?

https://www.austriansupermarket.com/...rum-plums-150g

MG1 02-05-2019 07:23 AM

Lunar New Year is not a Chinese only thing............

It is celebrated in many countries and cultures around the world.

The indigenous peoples of North America celebrate it, as well. Any culture that uses the lunar/solar cycle.

Native American New Year Commemorations

The Vietnamese, Japanese, Koreans, you name it.

Doesn't matter. It's all good, but for people to confuse chinese new year with............ Nuff Said. There's money to be made. And, if it means free stuff, I'm all for it, gulolol.

nismodrifter 02-09-2019 10:45 AM

Best place to get some moving boxes for cheap?

Don't need a ton, just moving a 1 bedroom condo worth of stuff.

Finally found our dream home!! Moving next month!

:woot::woot:

SSM_DC5 02-09-2019 11:42 AM

Boxes are often given away for free after someone is done their move. Check craigslist and FB market place.

Presto 02-09-2019 01:02 PM

Liquor stores and Costco area also good sources.

Hehe 02-09-2019 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nismodrifter (Post 8938963)
Best place to get some moving boxes for cheap?

Don't need a ton, just moving a 1 bedroom condo worth of stuff.

Finally found our dream home!! Moving next month!

:woot::woot:

The cheapest I've found is Homedepot in the US. Sturdy boxes cost from 80ct to $1.70... I've yet to find anywhere in the lower mainland for anything cheaper and same quality.

HD Canada adds 30% price for some reason and the next closest competitor is CT... but I find them to be less sturdy than the HD ones.

Quite frankly though, unless this would be the last time you move, check when Costco has them on sale, their plastic storage boxes (huge black ones with yellow lid) can be had for 5.99 a pop (regular I think is 8.99?) and invest a set of them.

They stack up nicely and are almost impossible to break. Amazingly easy to clean too. I just use a pressure washer.

I'm against the idea of buying boxes (enviro-reason) but hate re-using boxes... NEVER USE food boxes!!! That's how cockroaches migrate... their eggs can be anywhere on those boxes as they are easy to hide.

ssjGoku69 02-10-2019 10:36 PM

I have some questions re: manual transmissions since I'm just learning since 2 weeks ago.

1) When in first gear and I am about to let go of the clutch, the RPMs dip from ~1,500 down to ~1,000 which results in a slight jolt as I get into gear. Does this happen to anyone else or is this something that can be solved with practice?

Or could this be due to intake valve gunk from the GDI engine?

2) When creeping in a busy (Costco) parking lot or in downtown traffic, is riding the clutch pedal for what seems like a very long time going at like 3-5km/h normal? Is there another way?

ImportPsycho 02-11-2019 12:06 PM

quick question about parking at Rogers Arena

https://impark.com/vancouver/rogers-arena-parking/

ROGERS ARENA
View Complete Rates and Lot Information

Located at Rogers Arena, this parkade enters off Griffiths Way.

Event: $30.00

https://parking.impark.com/vancouver-parking-lot-1888/

Why is it $5 more to park at Costco across the street vs $30 right at Rogers arena?

Hondaracer 02-11-2019 03:39 PM

To discourage people from using the Costco lot I would assume.

Hate parking in either of those lots for events. Nightmare leaving

Rallydrv 02-11-2019 05:53 PM

was reading article on cbc about overselling flights. and how new regulation coming might make it harder for proper compensation. either way , we need better passenger rights.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/air...ices-1.5008217

link for demanding federal government that the proposed air passenger rights regulations are inadequate.

https://airpassengerrights.ca/en/tak...ssenger-rights

GS8 02-11-2019 06:27 PM

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/4d/04...f868c2aa5f.jpg

https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/m...rupt-1.5014522

I don't feel bad for anyone who gave them money