REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official No Need To Start a New Thread, Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/653341-official-no-need-start-new-thread-thread.html)

welfare 05-22-2018 05:58 AM

That might be a different story. Unless they too had a policy of no male genitalia waxing as well. But there are 12 other places in Windsor to try that maybe don't have a Muslim waxer and a no male genitalia policy.
https://www.google.ca/search?q=Winds...istate=lrl:xpd

underscore 05-22-2018 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 8903774)
What if you live in a small town and that's the only place that does that service?

Then is it any different from living in a small town where no place does it?

MSREE 05-22-2018 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 8903774)
What if you live in a small town and that's the only place that does that service?

Lol I think people are just suing for anything now because they realized if you're a special type of person your hurt feelings could lead to a big payout.

I think it's kind of a slap in the face to people who have real problems they have to sue for. Like people who get sick from pharmaceuticals or something.

Not to say this persons feelings aren't valid but honestly you can wax your own legs at home lol. You can buy the wax and have a friend do it for free. If my feelings get hurt by someone in the service industry, could I get 50k? Probably not since I'm a straight woman.

Presto 05-23-2018 12:44 PM

My wife and I have been using a shared notebook on OneNote, and it is quite convenient! I've setup a shopping list that either of us can edit from our phone or computer. When I'm at the grocery store, I can bring up the checklist and it will have always have the latest revisions of what I need to bring home.

syee 05-23-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Presto (Post 8903994)
My wife and I have been using a shared notebook on OneNote, and it is quite convenient! I've setup a shopping list that either of us can edit from our phone or computer. When I'm at the grocery store, I can bring up the checklist and it will have always have the latest revisions of what I need to bring home.

Wunderlist works for this too, but without the bloat of OneNote (if that's all you're using it for)

MSREE 05-24-2018 04:57 PM

Random question for frequent travellers:

I take a ton of vitamins every day for medical reasons. When I go through security at the airport so I need to have them in original bottles? Or is labelled ziplocs ok?
Im scared to get in trouble with TSA lmao.

Anybody with experience?

fliptuner 05-24-2018 06:19 PM

Original bottles and prescriptions. Can't expect them to know what everything is.

SSM_DC5 05-24-2018 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSREE (Post 8904153)
Random question for frequent travellers:

I take a ton of vitamins every day for medical reasons. When I go through security at the airport so I need to have them in original bottles? Or is labelled ziplocs ok?
Im scared to get in trouble with TSA lmao.

Anybody with experience?

If you're scared, you better follow this then.
https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/heal...ety/medication

sonick 05-24-2018 06:47 PM

I've travelled with loose vitamins in those pill boxes in my luggage without issue. Also travelled with them in the original bottles and was fine.

MSREE 05-24-2018 07:18 PM

Thanks guys! Ill bookmark that link when I get home SSM thanks! :)

v_tec 05-24-2018 09:58 PM

Where is the cheapest place in Lower Mainland (prefer Burnaby/Richmond) that I can get household keys cut (duplicated)?

inv4zn 05-25-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v_tec (Post 8904205)
Where is the cheapest place in Lower Mainland (prefer Burnaby/Richmond) that I can get household keys cut (duplicated)?

Most home improvement shops do it, as will little hole-in-the-wall shops in malls and shit.

Usually you buy the blank key, and the cutting is free. It depends on the type of key you need.

"Cheapest" is moot here because you're talking about a difference of cents, or a few dollars at best - do whatever's most convenient.

Large stores won't duplicate the key if it sais DO NOT DUPLICATE on it. Smaller shops will do it if you pay them in cash, in my experience lol

v_tec 05-25-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inv4zn (Post 8904266)
"Cheapest" is moot here because you're talking about a difference of cents, or a few dollars at best - do whatever's most convenient.

I was originally told ~$12. Then friend told me it's only $4 at Asian shops. So it's more than a few cents/$ difference. Especially when you have quite a few keys to copy.

GLOW 05-26-2018 07:11 AM

last time i had a key done at a big box store like rona or HD it was under $5. it was a few years ago though. IIRC the HD by gilmore does a poor job but it may have been the employee not the machine.

MG1 05-26-2018 07:31 AM

It’s most likely the employee. They wouldn’t design a machine that did a poor job. Once in a while, you get a really knowledgeable employee who knows their shit, but a lot of the Home Depot employees wouldn’t know a Philips from a Robertson from a Torx. “Oh, you mean the square one?” Or the guy who says “star” screwdriver. You mean a Torx? He was referring to a Philips. A plus or cross or even “x” would have been more correct. I mean, seriously, do they make a fucking, “Star of David” screw head and driver nowadays? CiC?

This is what happens when they stop grade eight kids from having to take Industrial Education. /rant

In my day, IE included, power mechanics, drafting, metalwork, and electronics. Intro course, but it taught everybody good useful skills. Nowadays kids don’t know which way to turn a shut off valve.

vitaminG 05-26-2018 11:05 AM

^ lol I had to take that, but it also included cooking and sewing and was called life skills I believe. To be honest it was probably one of the more useful classes I ever took, unlike the pointless career and personal planning which was once a week for all of highschool

Simplex123 05-26-2018 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Presto (Post 8903994)

Been using Google Keep and it works great since I have everything connected to my Google account

whitev70r 05-26-2018 08:44 PM

Was at South Terminal today and saw this, wonder who is here? Kraft, Brady, Giselle, Gronk?

https://dgtzuqphqg23d.cloudfront.net...-2048x1536.jpg

Jmac 05-26-2018 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitaminG (Post 8904382)
^ lol I had to take that, but it also included cooking and sewing and was called life skills I believe. To be honest it was probably one of the more useful classes I ever took, unlike the pointless career and personal planning which was once a week for all of highschool

Yeah, ours included woodworking, metalworking, cooking, and sewing, too. Ran all 3 years I was in middle school IIRC ('94-'97). I was pretty terrible at everything but they were interesting classes and most of the kids seemed to enjoy them.

CAPP was so completely useless. Learn how to write a resume ... ??? ... profit!

We did 6 years of CAPP and it seemed like all we did was personality tests and then have the teachers tell us that's what we're meant to do even if we had zero interest (or talent) in doing it ... or look up how much different professions make.

Zero useful career or personal skills besides writing resumes. Complete waste of 1.5 hours/week for 6 years.

BIC_BAWS 05-26-2018 09:31 PM

So my parents used my jerry cans without telling me, and they left about 10L of regular in the can. I thought it was 91 and topped up my car with it. So does octane booster really help? How much do I need? I was planning to fill the other 75% of the tank with 92 Chevron/Shell

Jmac 05-26-2018 09:36 PM

It probably won't make a big difference if the tank is still mostly premium unless you're going to be putting heavy stress on it (track, towing, etc).

Jmac 05-26-2018 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitev70r (Post 8904421)
Was at South Terminal today and saw this, wonder who is here? Kraft, Brady, Giselle, Gronk?

https://dgtzuqphqg23d.cloudfront.net...-2048x1536.jpg

Whitecaps need to shift gears to roll past Revs, avoid panic scenario | The Province

Quote:

Saturday’s game kicks off a busy stretch for the Revs that will see them play three games in eight days, and six in 18. While MLS rules constrain the use of charter planes, the team will have the use of the New England Patriots’ team plane for this trip. They’re taking full advantage, bringing more than 100 people on the flight, as their U15, U17 and U19 teams will join the MLS club for the trip to the West Coast. They’re schedule to take on the Caps’ residency teams at UBC on Friday.

BIC_BAWS 05-26-2018 11:49 PM

Guess what broke on my BMW this time? My CCV valve LOL. I feel like I have the worst BMW experience on Revscene. But I love my e46 too much. If there is a next owner, gonna be a lucky person, everything's fixed!

stewie 05-27-2018 09:57 PM

Recommendations on a notary?

Bought a place and need to have all the documents and titles transferred etc. I've called several locations with quotes that seem like a random number they chose to pick. Anyone here have any they've used recently & quotes?

syee 05-27-2018 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie (Post 8904527)
Recommendations on a notary?

Bought a place and need to have all the documents and titles transferred etc. I've called several locations with quotes that seem like a random number they chose to pick. Anyone here have any they've used recently & quotes?

It's been a bit over 5 years since I bought my place but I used Brenda Balogh who was recommended by my mortgage broker - she was pretty good and got everything done in one visit. It cost my right around $1000 when I did it. Not sure what she charges now but hopefully that helps.

Brenda Balogh Yaletown Notary Public, Brenda Balogh Yaletown Notary Public, Vancouver real estate