REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official No Need To Start a New Thread, Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/653341-official-no-need-start-new-thread-thread.html)

SkinnyPupp 09-17-2011 11:31 PM

Just to make things clear, it has been determined that while it was caused by Culverin's image post, it wasn't intentional. Site is back to normal now, and Culverin has been reinstated :thumbsup:

INNOCENT~!

MG1 09-18-2011 11:53 AM

Just out of curiosity, who gave you your one fail?

Graeme S 09-18-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 7582035)
Just out of curiosity, who gave you your one fail?

He did.

Oleophobic 09-18-2011 03:58 PM

How come CRS is the only mod that doesn't have "mod" in the user title?
I was under the impression that all mods have to have that in their title? How else are we able to tell if someone is a mod?

drunkrussian 09-18-2011 06:41 PM

maybe hes the "no mod in mod title mod"
Posted via RS Mobile

MG1 09-18-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.T (Post 7582241)
How come CRS is the only mod that doesn't have "mod" in the user title?
I was under the impression that all mods have to have that in their title? How else are we able to tell if someone is a mod?

He's in special ops.

E-40six 09-18-2011 09:10 PM

lolwut:fullofwin:

$100 for sex one or two hours I WANT TO HAVE SEX FOR THE FIRST TIME ;

Copied just incase it gets flagged

Hi i am looking to have sex for the first time.
GIRLS ONLY
You can host or we can do it in my car
I am a 18 year old male
I am smoke and drug free and you must be too
Girls think i am hot and good looking.
I will pay $100 for 1-2 hours
It will be safe sex with a condom
thanks

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Compensation: no pay

mb_ 09-18-2011 09:49 PM

Where can I get custom lanyards? I figured I can only do it online but wanna know if anyone has experience with this

Quantity will be pretty small, around 5

SkinnyPupp 09-18-2011 11:58 PM

Came across this post, and think it would be a worthwhile read for pretty much everyone. Send it to your parents, post it on your facebook. More people need to know about this stuff.
, especially since a lot of people here are approaching the age where they are considering becoming parents.

Stephanie's Page: Sunscreen and Low-fat Diet: A Recipe for Disaster
Posted via RS Mobile

spoon.ek9 09-18-2011 11:59 PM

as discussed in chat, this should be TOS'd's avatar:

http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/png/troll-gay.png

:ahwow:

MG1 09-19-2011 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7582784)
Came across this post, and think it would be a worthwhile read for pretty much everyone. Send it to your parents, post it on your facebook. More people need to know about this stuff.
, especially since a lot of people here are approaching the age where they are considering becoming parents.

Stephanie's Page: Sunscreen and Low-fat Diet: A Recipe for Disaster
Posted via RS Mobile

This is stuff that should be in the......... wait, wasn't there a parenting forum here on RS?

I think, with RS members getting on in age, we should have a section devoted to family planning, raising children, education, safety, dealing with issues at schools, etc.

MG1 09-19-2011 01:14 AM

Skinny, RS is really slow right now. Have been for the last hour and a half or so. I don't think it is my computer, router, or connection, as all other websites are fast.

EDIT: It's also off and on. At times, it's normal............. like right now, damn it. Now it's very fast. WTF?

SkinnyPupp 09-19-2011 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 7582809)
This is stuff that should be in the......... wait, wasn't there a parenting forum here on RS?

I think, with RS members getting on in age, we should have a section devoted to family planning, raising children, education, safety, dealing with issues at schools, etc.

It's not just a parenting topic, but general health. This whole paranoia about sun exposure and fat in the diet is killing us, and has been for a couple decades now.

As for the speed, probably just your ISP fucking up ;)

MG1 09-19-2011 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 7582848)
This whole paranoia about sun exposure and fat in the diet is killing us, and has been for a couple decades now.

Well, it's working because it even has me worried. As a youngster we would be outside in the blzing sun from sunup to sundown. No sunscreen. As for diet. Nobody cared. In my younger days, I ran like the wind and played all day long. No time to eat and there was no junk food to have anyway. Plus, being poor we didn't have money for a decent meal, let alone treats. It's only when I got married things slowed down to a crawl. Funny how that works. And, staying out in the sun nowadays is kept to a minimum. I refuse to put on sunscreen, but wear a hat when forced to by the wife.

SkinnyPupp 09-19-2011 07:09 AM

There's no reason to use sunscreen instead of tanning. It doesn't take a very dark tan at all to protect against burning and 97% of all skin cancer types.

It's the people who use sunscreen all the time, except one time where they end up getting burned, who are at risk of getting skin cancer (not to mention they are devoid of the vitamin d which would protect them for the DNA damage that may lead to cancer. As for melanoma (the dangerous skin cancer, but also most rare, that is caused by UVB rays) there's not much you can do about that except try to stay healthy (ie, get lots of sun and eat fat).

Also, ever notice that we have had this sunscreen propaganda pounded into our heads for the last 20 or so years, yet incidents of skin cancer keep increasing with use :seriously:

MG1 09-19-2011 06:31 PM

Gawd, that guy/girl/it, Cojo is disturbing. I was channel surfing and land on ET.......... just as I drop the remote. Had to scramble quickly to find it. Damn, two seconds of pure eye torture. I had to go to RS NSFW and look at the "some white chicks" thread to erase a really bad experience. It's like the 5 second rule when you drop some food. You have 5 seconds and look at some eye candy before the bad images burn into your mind forever. I think I will bookmark "Some White Chicks" thread in case shit like this happens again. RS to the rescue.

Cojo is right up there with Oprah and Roseanne Barr.

LSF22 09-20-2011 05:16 PM

^ whos Cojo?

Anyways, free advertising for RIM?

MG1 09-20-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSF22 (Post 7584729)
^ whos Cojo?

You had to ask................

Steven Cojocaru - IMDb

hongy 09-20-2011 05:29 PM

Wtf that's a guy?

LSF22 09-20-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 7583550)
Gawd, that guy/girl/it, Cojo is disturbing. I was channel surfing and land on ET.......... just as I drop the remote. Had to scramble quickly to find it. Damn, two seconds of pure eye torture. I had to go to RS NSFW and look at the "some white chicks" thread to erase a really bad experience. It's like the 5 second rule when you drop some food. You have 5 seconds and look at some eye candy before the bad images burn into your mind forever. I think I will bookmark "Some White Chicks" thread in case shit like this happens again. RS to the rescue.

Cojo is right up there with Oprah and Roseanne Barr.

I finally understand

http://images.cheezburger.com/comple...7803500149.jpg

TheKingdom2000 09-20-2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSF22 (Post 7584729)
^ whos Cojo?

Anyways, free advertising for RIM?

BlackBerry Police Cruiser 2.0 - YouTube

I thought this was a cop car. I was going to be like whhhhattt?
I'm pretty sure that a civilian vehical is not supposed to have the red and blue lights.

This isn't a cop car right? It just says emergency vehicle on it?

TheKingdom2000 09-20-2011 06:52 PM

this thread is becoming very interesting

MG1 09-20-2011 07:14 PM

Just watching Nikita on TV, since hockey game is boring. When the hell did this show start? Nice......... whoever the chick is. Way nicer than the Nikita from the previous version.

LSF22 09-20-2011 07:20 PM

^ Asian chick? should be Maggie Q.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mx703 (Post 7584848)
I thought this was a cop car. I was going to be like whhhhattt?
I'm pretty sure that a civilian vehical is not supposed to have the red and blue lights.

This isn't a cop car right? It just says emergency vehicle on it?

Not sure, I think they are in the process of making it a legit popo cruiser.

StylinRed 09-20-2011 07:54 PM

sooo a reporter purported to be involved in blogging about a gutter oil factory was stabbed 10x and killed in Henan China

'Gutter oil' reporter killed|Nation|chinadaily.com.cn