REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official No Need To Start a New Thread, Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/653341-official-no-need-start-new-thread-thread.html)

Euro7r 02-01-2022 11:37 AM

Wouldn't this default back to the property owner due to the tree being on private property? It would be their duty to ensure overgrown tree is properly maintained?

fliptuner 02-02-2022 01:22 AM

2:22 02-02-2022

WD-40 02-02-2022 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fliptuner (Post 9052961)
2:22 02-02-2022

200 years from now would be next epic point in time. 2222 CE (anno Domini)

will that banner go away now?

Quote:

it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Manic! 02-02-2022 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euro7r (Post 9052877)
Wouldn't this default back to the property owner due to the tree being on private property? It would be their duty to ensure overgrown tree is properly maintained?

Any part of the tree that's on your property is your responsibility.

Razor Ramon HG 02-02-2022 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 9052963)

The city told me to hire a contractor to cut off the branches.

Quote:

That’s right – under civil law you have the right to remove branches that ‘trespass’ over your property if you wish, but it is not the responsibility of the owner of the tree to make sure that his tree is not growing over your property.

punkwax 02-02-2022 12:55 PM

I was told years and years ago that if you call Hydro to express concern, they may come do it for you.

No guarantees but probably worth a quick call.

SSM_DC5 02-02-2022 02:08 PM

What was bchydro's response?

Great68 02-02-2022 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 9052963)

Usually that's the case, however regardless of what overhangs your property, you can't trim it in such a fashion that it would cause permanent damage to the tree.

El Bastardo 02-03-2022 08:42 AM

70,000 people are out of power on day 1 of a multi-day cold front and Ted Cruz is out here making jokes.

cool cool cool cool

68style 02-03-2022 09:34 AM

Ted Cruz is definitely on my Top 10 list of worst people in the world...

I've never seen someone who's less ashamed to be an embarrassment in my whole life

StylinRed 02-03-2022 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Bastardo (Post 9053130)
https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1488887563830104071

70,000 people are out of power on day 1 of a multi-day cold front and Ted Cruz is out here making jokes.

cool cool cool cool

And Texas wants to be the crypto mining capital of the USA, get ready for more outages :badpokerface:

westopher 02-03-2022 09:56 AM

Lol remember when trump called his wife ugly but he still spent 4 years blowing the guy afterwards?
He’s such a fucking pussy.

BlackV62K2 02-03-2022 11:00 AM

You can't be serious. VPD handing out safety whistles. Yes, let me blow on this safety whistle while I get randomly attacked/stabbed. The whole CoV council needs to go if this is their idea of improving public safety.

mikemhg 02-03-2022 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Bastardo (Post 9053130)
https://twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1488887563830104071

cool cool cool cool

No fucking way, that's real?!?! :lol :lol :lol

GLOW 02-03-2022 11:19 AM

he scared of tucker carlson too after he called out jan 6 and backtracked and said sorry, can't make this stuff up

CharlesInCharge 02-06-2022 10:26 AM

The Trudeau's must be the third and forth top Prime Ministers in history to increase Canada's debt causing inflation and basically a nations servitude to transatlantic Anglo Zionists (They back both sides of the great wars and created the majority of pandemics).

We must be over 50 billion a year in debt interest alone. But now that people are making moves theyre propping up that dweeb as a new Prime minister.
Unfortunately Canadians are too dumb to see that hes just another Ron Paul pressure relief valve and false hope Obama meat puppet.

If by the smallest of chances the Convoys power becomes great and smart, it should nationalize oil and diamonds first then wait for an American occupation and see how long that would last. Maybe Russia and China would aid in help over time.

Today I found a video of a freedom convoy man showing a soy boy with assburgers (without mental complexity) a taste of freedom.

Bouncing Bettys 02-06-2022 11:47 AM

Manic! 02-06-2022 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys (Post 9053519)

The only thing he cares about is money. That's the only thing people who complain about being de-platformed care about. If you don't care about money you can't be taken off the internet.

Euro7r 02-06-2022 01:50 PM

My wedding is coming up a in a couple months. I'm trying to get a Tuxedo & suits for my groomsmen. Groomsmen will be rentals; however, for my Tuxedo, I'm not sure if I want to rent or fork out the money. I went to Moores on the weekend and they said it won't be 100% fitted due to it being a rental. If I get a custom Tux, it starts at $500, and then it'll increase if you start tacking on things like custom designed inner lining material etc. Rental is $250 and custom one is $500.

I went to Bello wedding where my fiance is renting her dress to check their Tux, it was more fitted to my body; however, there is only one option to choose from in terms of styling as their shop is catered to wedding dresses mainly. Rental is $250. I like their fit, but don't quite really like the styling.

Is there any other good places I should consider looking at? Part of me I would like to rent due to I won't use a Tux in my day to day attire (save the few hundred bucks), but at the same time, the wedding day is about me and I should look the damn best. Not sure what I should do....

inv4zn 02-06-2022 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Euro7r (Post 9053526)
My wedding is coming up a in a couple months. I'm trying to get a Tuxedo & suits for my groomsmen. Groomsmen will be rentals; however, for my Tuxedo, I'm not sure if I want to rent or fork out the money. I went to Moores on the weekend and they said it won't be 100% fitted due to it being a rental. If I get a custom Tux, it starts at $500, and then it'll increase if you start tacking on things like custom designed inner lining material etc. Rental is $250 and custom one is $500.

I went to Bello wedding where my fiance is renting her dress to check their Tux, it was more fitted to my body; however, there is only one option to choose from in terms of styling as their shop is catered to wedding dresses mainly. Rental is $250. I like their fit, but don't quite really like the styling.

Is there any other good places I should consider looking at? Part of me I would like to rent due to I won't use a Tux in my day to day attire (save the few hundred bucks), but at the same time, the wedding day is about me and I should look the damn best. Not sure what I should do....

I rented mine from Debonair (part of Bridal Gallery, new west). Our wedding was suuper small so no groomsmen, so I was apprehensive going in because I thought they'd just shrug me off. Not so, they were very helpful with minor fitting/alterations provided, etc., and they had quite a selection. I think all in all I paid ~$200 and I rented literally everything except underwear.

Also..........yes your wedding is about both you guys, but I guarantee you as long as you don't go below a certain threshold nobody will give a shit about how you look.

GLOW 02-06-2022 05:21 PM

unless they changed their stuff, bello is essentially a dress store, the stuff for guys is really to put you in a suit as background decoration for the girl, the options for suites: a black and a white :lol

i was surprised at the selection/service at the moores dt store on granville...my buddy rented from there and i was a groomsmen many moons ago.

the tux store by hemlock & 6th ave has a lot of selections & options. they use to suit up hockey players for award shows iirc.

unless you have a unique body type i think the temp alterations are fine. try stuff on see what you like. i think prices range $250-500 as well at both, can go higher if you want to dress up like mr peanut.

congrats & good luck in your search.

whitev70r 02-06-2022 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge (Post 9053514)
Today I found a video of a freedom convoy man showing a soy boy with assburgers (without mental complexity) a taste of freedom.
https://streamable.com/4eqtfr

Oh my ... black pick up truck was not even carrying Canada flag and all ... not sure if he was even part of the Convoy, was he? Regardless, his ass should get a call from police regarding assault charges. They got his plate. We'll see who has the final taste of 'freedom' ... :lol

whitev70r 02-07-2022 04:16 AM

Any one know a quick turn around for ski or snowboard tuning, sharpen, wax? I don't want to have to wait like 3-4 days. I was even looking for someone in CL that can do in his garage but couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance..

CharlesInCharge 02-07-2022 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitev70r (Post 9053549)
Oh my ... black pick up truck was not even carrying Canada flag and all ... not sure if he was even part of the Convoy, was he? Regardless, his ass should get a call from police regarding assault charges. They got his plate. We'll see who has the final taste of 'freedom' ... :lol

From the Reddit Vancouver source, I believe they said it was part of the convoy.

The police themselves should be charged for dereliction of duty in this case...
using small children as human shields to block the Commercial Drive route. Imagine the headlines that would make had Ottawa protesters done the same against a car line of police.

https://i.imgur.com/c9QrUq9.jpg

68style 02-07-2022 08:00 AM

Haha, that's an, uh, "interesting" way of looking at it?

Perhaps someone with even a hint of optimism in their life might say they're teaching kids the difference between right and wrong and how to stand up for what they believe in?

Is there an age requirement for protesting? Do they check ID to verify it when you protest? Is it more okay to run over an adult than a kid? BTW you can't legally block the police from going about their duty so yah, that would be really irresponsible to throw your kid in front of a police convoy.

Your argument is pretty fucking stupid lol