REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 06-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #4276
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
http://www.revscene.net/forums/65778...-neverwet.html

Old news but good the hear they partnered up with Rustoleum and it's already for sale at HD in the States.

Rust-Oleum Stops Rust 18 oz. NeverWet Multi-Purpose Spray Kit-274232 at The Home Depot
Advertisement

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-24-2013, 05:20 PM   #4277
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,419 Times in 255 Posts
Drifting M5 guy dead

Hope this hasn't been posted already..

So I'm sure many of you saw this video that went viral a few months ago..

Apparently the driver in that video was the passenger in this M5 when this happened..

More info here
Google Translate
j.f0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #4278
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Harvey Specter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #4279
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Looks like a pig then a puppy...
Old 06-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #4280
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts
3 young girls busted by the police for selling lemonade without business license

Selling lemonades under the table, cash only, no business license.
Looks like they're not getting criminal convictions due to their ages though.

Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 06-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #4281
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
This deserved its own thread?
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #4282
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
Timpo gets own threads all the time!
Old 06-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #4283
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
No foodsafe license and business license yo.
Posted via RS Mobile
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-26-2013, 01:08 PM   #4284
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
Selling lemonades under the table, cash only, no business license.
Looks like they're not getting criminal convictions due to their ages though.

3 Girls Busted for illegal Lemonade Stand - YouTube
Welcome to 2 years ago bud...stop wasting the internet.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #4285
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
Timpo should just get his own forum.
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:58 PM   #4286
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnly1000 View Post
This deserved its own thread?
I was kind of surprised it wasn't CiC posting this in the Zionist thread.
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:48 PM   #4287
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Aaron Hernandez officially charged with the murder of his friend

Former New England Patriot Hernandez charged with murder - CNN.com

Quote:
North Attleborough, Massachusetts (CNN) -- Authorities charged former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez with first-degree murder on Wednesday, hours after police arrested him and the NFL team that once gave him a $40 million contract dropped him from their roster.
Hernandez is accused in last week's shooting death of Odin Lloyd, whose body was found in an industrial park area less than a mile from Hernandez's home.
Hernandez "drove the victim to the remote spot, and then he orchestrated his execution," First Assistant District Attorney Bill McCauley said in court Wednesday.
"He orchestrated the crime from the beginning, he took steps to conceal and destroy evidence and he took steps to prevent the police from speaking to ... an important witness," the prosecutor said.
A judge ordered that Hernandez be held without bail.

Defense attorney Michael Fee had said that the evidence is circumstantial and that bail should be granted so that Hernandez can return home to spend time with his fiancee and 8-month-old child.
"It is a circumstantial case. It is not a strong case," Fee said, arguing that Hernandez was not a flight risk and had cooperated with authorities.
Lloyd's family tearfully watched during Wednesday's hearing. They did not speak to reporters after leaving the courthouse.
Hernandez, 23, wore a white T-shirt when he appeared in court. He stood beside his attorney, his hands cuffed.
After the court hearing, Fee said Hernandez is "doing fine."
A gag order issued during the hearing stopped attorneys from providing additional details afterward.
The Patriots released Hernandez Wednesday after he was arrested and booked at a police station in North Attleborough.
Prosecutor: Surveillance footage shows Hernandez with gun
After days of secrecy in the closely watched investigation, the prosecutor's comments in court provided the first detailed account of Lloyd's killing and the evidence detectives have uncovered.
A jogger found Lloyd's body, riddled with gunshot wounds, in a secluded area of an industrial park near Hernandez's house June 17, McCauley said.
Investigators later found five shell casings at the scene. Inside his pocket, McCauley said, they found a wallet and keys to a car that Hernandez had rented.
Around 2:30 a.m. that same day, the prosecutor said, Lloyd was last seen leaving his Boston home with Hernandez in a silver Nissan Altima.
Less than an hour later, surveillance cameras at the North Attleborough industrial park showed the vehicle heading toward the remote area where Lloyd's body was later found, McCauley said.
"The car goes down there at 3:22," McCauley said. "Four minutes later, the car is visible again. During the interval between 3:23 and 3:27, people who were working the overnight shift hear gunshots."
Minutes later, surveillance video from Hernandez's home security system shows the former NFL player arriving back at his house with two other people, according to the district attorney. Hernandez appears to be holding a firearm, McCauley said.
"The defendant goes walking through the house with the gun in his hand. That is captured in the video. ... And they all go down to the basement," McCauley said. "Once in the basement, the surveillance gets shut off."
McCauley said the gun Hernandez was carrying in the surveillance video has not been found.
Investigation continues
For the past several days, investigators have been searching the area near Hernandez's home as they have investigated Lloyd's death. Authorities Wednesday said the investigation was ongoing.
In addition to the first-degree murder charge, Hernandez faces five weapons-related charges, including carrying a firearm without a license.
It was unclear whether there had been any additional arrests in the case.
"One critical part of this case that we don't know anything about at this point is the two other men (Hernandez is) accused of being with," CNN senior legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin said. "Were they shooters? Were they involved? Will they flip against Hernandez? They are obviously key figures in this, and we'll watch how that unfolds."
In court on Wednesday, the prosecutor described what he alleged was a tense conversation between Hernandez and Lloyd inside the Nissan Altima and described what Hernandez and his associates had done at the scene of the shooting. He did not reveal how investigators had learned that information.
Inside the car, according to McCauley, Hernandez told Lloyd he was mad because of Lloyd's behavior at a Boston club they had gone to together several days earlier.
"There were certain things that had happened during the night that he was upset about and now didn't trust the victim," McCauley said. "He told him one of the things he was made about. ... At the club the victim had spoken to a couple of people, and the defendant told him that he was upset about that because he had some troubles with those people."
Victim's family reacts
Lloyd's sister, Olivia Thibou, told CNN last week that her brother and Hernandez went to a Boston nightclub together a few days before Lloyd's death.
Her brother was dating the sister of Hernandez's fiancee, she said.
She said she didn't know of any problems between Hernandez and her brother, who worked for a landscaping company.
Before Wednesday's hearing, Thibou said she was glad to hear about Hernandez's arrest.
"God is great," she said. "It's the best news I've had since my brother was killed last week."
House searched again
Patriots drop Hernandez
The Patriots -- who gave Hernandez a five-year, $40 million contract last year -- released Hernandez from the team before the charges against him were made public Wednesday.
"Words cannot express the disappointment we feel knowing that one of our players was arrested as a result of this investigation," the team said in a statement.
The NFL released its own statement, calling the involvement of a player in the case "deeply troubling."
Both the NFL and Patriots expressed sympathy for the victim's family.
Hernandez's lawyer broke his silence Monday, saying his client has been subjected to "a relentless flood of rumors, misinformation and false reports," including unsubstantiated accounts in some media outlets late last week that an arrest warrant had been issued in connection with the investigation.
On Wednesday, about a half-dozen plainclothes police officers went to Hernandez's house and then led him out in handcuffs. He was wearing a white T-shirt and shorts.
Death inquiry, silence from player and cops
Sheriff: Gang unit will investigate Hernandez's tattoos
Bristol County Sheriff Tom Hodgson said he expects life behind bars will be a major adjustment for the former NFL star.
Wednesday night's dinner at the Dartmouth House of Correction was chop suey green beans and a slice of bread, the sheriff said. Hernandez will only be allowed out of his one-person cell for showers and phone calls. Authorities will perform background checks on any visitors.
Hodgson said he met with Hernandez "as soon as he came in" to the facility and told him he'd receive no special treatment.
Asked how Hernandez responded, Hodgson said, "he did not seem nervous," adding he was "polite and respectful."
Hernandez is currently being held in the jail's medical unit while he undergoes further screening, including mental health, physical and security tests.
As part of the security screening, authorities will determine whether he has any gang affiliations.
"He had tattoos that our gang unit would be looking at ... to see if he's involved in any kind of gang," Hodgson said. "Doesn't mean he is."
The tattoos raise suspicion, the sheriff said, and investigators will follow up with interviews to further determine the significance of what they saw.
"He'll be treated no better and no worse than any other inmate," the sheriff said.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:39 PM   #4288

Thanked 1,458 Times in 588 Posts
'Murica

Vivos Survival Shelter and Resort a massive doomsday shelter made from old Army facility - CBS News
shawnly1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:48 PM   #4289
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
funny i was just watching something similar
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #4290

Rant.

Dumbass city planners. Do you seriously need greenspace for these medians?
Oh yeah, "let's not maintain it regularly, let it overgrow, then finally do it"

Dumbest idea ever thought of. This is not only hazard for drivers but a nusiance when the city gardeners have to block off both left lanes, to cut it down.

So this involves...more city employees ($$$), more accidents ($$$) - to add some green space between opposing traffic? Dumbass.

The idiot behind this should get a boot in the ass.

And now the viaduct might be gone....added unnecessary expense. To add insult, isn't the burrard street bridge going to be reduced by a lane each for cyclists/walking traffic?
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:02 PM   #4291
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Temperatures into the 40s expected in BC this long weekend! Advisory from Environment Canada

Quote:
VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) – Get ready for things to heat up this weekend.

Environment Canada is issuing a special bulletin with temperatures expected to hit the 30s in the Lower Mainland and the 40s in the Interior.

Most of the daily maximum temperatures will be set Monday and Tuesday.

The hot spell should ease off by Wednesday with temperatures going down five to 10 degrees.

If you’re sensitive to heat or are ill or elderly, you’re being warned to stay in the shade and find ways to keep cool.

Heat bulletin issued by Environment Canada | News1130
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2013, 02:11 AM   #4292
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
because like humans, dogs have a desire to hide their possessions from others.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #4293
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 3,492 Times in 1,176 Posts
does anyone know if Costco has a guest pass? Never been and I want to see if it is worth it...I obviously don't want to pay for a membership without knowing.

TIA
dinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #4294
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
So you just want to wander around Costco to see whats there and prices? Just tell the front gate person, you are going to the pharmacy, then just wander around. You don't need a membership for their pharmacy. IMO Costco membership is totally worth it, but I buy quite a bit of food in bulk, even living alone, I eat a lot, especially with my crazy gym schedule. They also have a lot of interesting products I won't find at save-on/safeway/etc...
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #4295
Banned By Establishment

Thanks! That was my concern....only 2 people in my household and I don't want to buy food that will go to waste. I also don't want to buy stuff just because it is "cheap". Thanks for the pharmacy tip
Old 06-28-2013, 12:07 PM   #4296
The Lone Wanderator

Thanked 4,367 Times in 1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
Thanks! That was my concern....only 2 people in my household and I don't want to buy food that will go to waste. I also don't want to buy stuff just because it is "cheap". Thanks for the pharmacy tip
I get all my meat there and freeze it. Ziplock bags in bulk too.

Also: Today I was downtown to pick up my kilt for a wedding (House of McLaren, $220 for the whole kilt and kaboodle, $30 off if you have your own shoes, same for the shirt) and I parked at the easypark just across the street. Went to pay after coming out of the kilt shop and discovered that since I'd only been there for like...15 minutes, they didn't charge me.

Score! +1 for easypark!
Graeme S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #4297
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
Yea I believe its something to do with how pharmacists aren't allowed to discriminate based on membership who they provide services to, so thats why you don't need a membership to use their pharmacy for prescriptions, apparently a lot of people do this because Costco has really low dispensing fees and generic drugs.

A 2 person household should be able to make a membership worth it, unless you two eat like rabbits and provided you have the cabinet/storage space for bulk stuff at home. Besides food, I also buy household cleaning supplies, toliet paper, vitamins, contact solution in bulk.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2013, 12:28 PM   #4298
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
GF lives alone and she goes to Costco all the time

Also with their Amex you get cash back
Posted via RS Mobile
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #4299
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
Another way you can do it is to have someone with a membership buy you a $5 Costco gift card, then you'd be able to enter no problem.

Costco isn't only good for bulk food, theres tons of things for around the house, garden, even clothing. It's just me and my wife, and we make plenty good use out of our membership.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #4300
Banned By Establishment

We do have decent sized pantry...I'm veg, so our meat and dairy consumption isn't super high but for some reason I wasn't thinking about toilet paper, paper towels, etc. Same with office supplies now that I think about it.

Yeah, now I'm sold. Thanks again for the input