REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:50 AM   #101
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Cypress

Grouse

Seymour
Advertisement

Vangruver is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-26-2011, 10:05 AM   #102
I am Hook'd on RS

EPIC!!! Bring on the snow!!
slowride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:42 AM   #103
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
anyone selling a board? 153-154 freestyle
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:48 AM   #104
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
You got PM
Wormiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:39 AM   #105
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangruver View Post
Seymour
Looks like a nice place to play in the parking lot with your car.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:56 AM   #106
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
http://www.revscene.net/forums/65532...a-binding.html
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:50 PM   #107
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vangruver View Post
couple as in 2?

the first 2-3 weeks of any mountain's season don't include night operation.

So you're not missing much.
True, totally forgot about it. Thanks!

What's the reasoning for not having night operations at the start of the season?
fishCak3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:59 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeintaiwan View Post
True, totally forgot about it. Thanks!

What's the reasoning for not having night operations at the start of the season?

staffing and snow prep.

most mountains don't want to operate nights to help in prep for the holiday season. in case there isn't a good enough base just yet

Old 10-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #109

Is anyone going to the Vancouver Snowshow this weekend?

http://www.canwestproductions.com/Snow---Vancouver

Old 10-27-2011, 01:09 PM   #110
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
^ worth it to go? Is this the same show that was at the new convention centre last year?
Old 10-27-2011, 01:26 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
^ worth it to go? Is this the same show that was at the new convention centre last year?
worth going? I don't know nothing at those shows really entices me unless you like to bargain hunt for stuff, and get free stuff from vendors.

So yeah i guess it's worth going.

We're going because it's a cheap way to spend a saturday morning with friends. And to talk to some industry contacts in exchange for some future product.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:26 AM   #112
PeP
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Cypress session courtesy of King Snow Mag

this is probably old, but.... these guys rip it pretty good. Vangruver takes credit for this, saw a broken link so i tried to hunt this down. might even be the incorrect vid he tried posting before. whatev's
PeP is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-01-2011, 10:08 AM   #113
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Just bought my silver pass at cypress, $516. I'm ready for the season!

All I'm missing is a pair of night goggles.
fishCak3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeintaiwan View Post
Just bought my silver pass at cypress, $516. I'm ready for the season!

All I'm missing is a pair of night goggles.
clear lens, or yellow/rose/amber lens will do.

if you have the frames, you can simply get the lenses.

or you can skip trying to change lenses without smudging finger prints all over and buy another pair.

or just be a baller and get another pair.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:21 PM   #115
PeP
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Shiiiet, I still haven't made a decision for a new board, leaning towards a freestyle/park. Right now the choices are between the Forum Destroyer, Libtech Banana, Capita Green Machine, GNU Pickle or Rome Agent. If anyone has experience with these boards, lets hear about it.

Also, just read about the Bataleon TBT design, I know it's not brand new, but very interested. Might go to a local shop to see if they got demos. Again, experience and opinions?
PeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:13 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeP View Post
Shiiiet, I still haven't made a decision for a new board, leaning towards a freestyle/park. Right now the choices are between the Forum Destroyer, Libtech Banana, Capita Green Machine, GNU Pickle or Rome Agent. If anyone has experience with these boards, lets hear about it.

Also, just read about the Bataleon TBT design, I know it's not brand new, but very interested. Might go to a local shop to see if they got demos. Again, experience and opinions?
you still have at least another month to really take advantage of the snow.

I wouldn't stress so much about it.

Old 11-02-2011, 06:48 PM   #117
LYC
I don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeP View Post

I rode last years pickle last season so I'll give it a quick review.

I bought the board pretty much on a whim, I knew that Its won a few awards but besides that I didn't know much about it but I was pleasantly surprised.

This thing turned out to be a quiver killer. I went to Japan with 3 boards. A pow board an all mountain board and the pickle. For the Majority of the season the pickle was my go to board. I probably spent around 50 days on the pickle alone. This thing handled some seriously deep pow, had great edge hold and poped just as well as a cambered board. I weigh about 170 so probably 180 all geared up and I rode the 156. Rarely did I ever get stuck and when I did it was because I was going into zones that were probably waist deep and not steep enough. Oh and I ride pretty hard and do a lot of stupid shit and the board still looks mint. Good ol Mervin built.

I've also heard good things about Bataleon boards but I've yet to ride one. Friend of mine had the Rome Agent and he cracked the side wall in about 4 spots. Not the strongest board I guess.
LYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:32 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYC View Post
poped just as well as a cambered board.

i can half agree with that statement, only because there are some cambered boards that are the ultimate poop when it comes to pop.

Forum destroyer, two options....regular camber, or double dog [camber and reverse camber hybrid] top of the line forum. best construction best base. Forum's parent company is and in fact burton. So technology is trickled down from burton's decks. Including their materials. However it's labeled as forum's stuff. I will currently ride the destroyer doubledog with shakabra bindings

Sk8 banana. My go to board for the last 4+ years. I have ridden a skate banana since they were first introduced. Now i've gone to forum. however, the upside of the original banana, the solid construction underneath the bindings, which is the point where the board has to have the most snap for ollies. The downside was the OVERALL construction. I've broken 3. The magna traction is cool, and the fact that the tip's and tail' have no edge wrapping makes for a clean looking deck. And now with so many different tech' of banana camber, you have plenty of options.

Park Pickle, same idea as the sk8 banana, however the two major differences are the heal side side cut, as it's deeper than it's toe side. Also known as an assymetrical sidecut to allow your healside turns to be just as strong as your weak toe side carve. Flex pattern is different than the banana, as the board has softer nose and tail flex, but a stiffer waist/mid section. Produced at the same factory as libtech, could really call them the same board in regards to how they react.

Rome Agent. These boards have HEAPS of tech, as they were started by a burton snowboards engineer who either quit, or got fired form burton. Started off semi weak, but is now one of the most solid brands out there, with a killer team. The agent is a solid go to board for a lot of riders that I know of. has solid tech behind the construction and has loads of pop. Makes a great all mountain board for freestyle and park riding. Not overly good for jibbing though.

Bataleon. TBT triple base technology. a few friends i know ride these decks. They like them for the most part. It's a cambered board with raised nose and tail edges, to act like a rocker board, but have camber to provide you with pop. Good idea. just a little off in regards to riding. Good for pow and thick/deep crud though.

and stuff.

This post thanked by:
Old 11-02-2011, 07:37 PM   #119
I don't get it

Thanked 2,127 Times in 204 Posts
I bought a park pickle recently and still looking for bindings. Can anyone suggest any?

I'm thinking maybe the rome 390s or union force.

I mainly ride down mountain with a few stops in the park and some jumps off the side.

Thanks
Coren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #120
Need to Seek Professional Help

You can check out the Boardroom clearance store to see if they are still carrying the 2011 Flux TT30's. I picked up a pair at the tail end of the season for my skate banana and love them!! Btw, I also own a pair of 390's and prefer the feel of the TT30's much more.
celica-g5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:58 PM   #121
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

nov5th conditions
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2011, 10:42 PM   #122
I STILL don't get it

can anyone here recommend a soft, noodle-y board for learning to butter? not necessarily for a pure park board, maybe a shade of all mountain, but it has to be twin so i can also learn to ride switch.

reading up online today led me to either a Bataleon Airobic, an Arbor Draft, a Signal Park, an Endeavor Color or a Rome Artifact as possible choices. The board I'll get is not exclusive to these though, if there are better ones suggested out there. I'm also checking out the GNU Carbon Credit as a possible purchase.

thing is, i'm not a park rat, and given this will only be my second year riding, i've only ever stuck to groomers for all of my riding time, most notably Collins and the Upper and Lower Fork up in Cypress. i've read that park boards like these are pretty much mediocre outside the park which is understandable.

so can anyone help? thanks a lot!

PS.
also, mid-priced boards are preferred. I got my current Ride Control on sale for around $179 at sportchek, so i'm hoping i dont shell out $600 for something i use for 3 months in a year. online sites have boards for $399 but those are probably US only. I dont think i've seen a Bataleon Airobic on a canadian website for lower than $450...
jello24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:58 PM   #123

If you want a cheap noodle board , get the Rome garage rocker. Snow evo in seattle is clearing last year's model for $209 plus another 20% off. That's an awesome price! I know because I have one. Fun to play around with if you want to get into buttering and a few ground tricks here and there. Rome Garage Rocker Snowboard 2011 | evo outlet
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2011, 12:20 AM   #124
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by celica-g5 View Post
If you want a cheap noodle board , get the Rome garage rocker. Snow evo in seattle is clearing last year's model for $209 plus another 20% off. That's an awesome price! I know because I have one. Fun to play around with if you want to get into buttering and a few ground tricks here and there. Rome Garage Rocker Snowboard 2011 | evo outlet
great suggestion, thanks! is it poppy enough to make learning ollies and flatground tricks fairly straightforward? i dont really care much for rails and such, at least for the start of the season.

but you're right that is a great price.
jello24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:25 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello24 View Post
great suggestion, thanks! is it poppy enough to make learning ollies and flatground tricks fairly straightforward? i dont really care much for rails and such, at least for the start of the season.

but you're right that is a great price.
Yep! It meets all the criteria you've asked for. I learnt my butters and ollies off of it last season. Definitely a good board for the price! Noodle'y as hell, which makes presses that much easier. Btw, I don't think Snow Evo ships out of the US, but I've ordered many things from there before and did store pick up in Seattle.