REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Winter eleven winter twelve (https://www.revscene.net/forums/653459-winter-eleven-winter-twelve.html)

Vangruver 09-13-2011 02:55 PM

Winter eleven winter twelve

It's official.

Winter's gonna come hit hard, with what forecasters are saying.

Who's got what, who's riding where, and who's already training?

Wednesday september 14th is the Vancouver screening of the Art of Flight.
[Sequel to That's It That's All]

And I know of a few other premier screenings as well. I'll post up when I get the chance.

And go.......

TOS'd 09-13-2011 03:13 PM

I'll be doing seymour again this year. And probably a couple days sprinkled here and there at cypress.

Vangruver 09-13-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 7576899)
I'll be doing seymour again this year. And probably a couple days sprinkled here and there at cypress.

sickly!

i should be able to ride seymour a few times this year, and as well grouse. Provided my friend still gets me passes :( I'm all dependent on him.

Trying my best to not pay to ride this season. I did so a little bit last year....

dachinesedude 09-13-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vangruver (Post 7576884)
It's official.

Winter's gonna come hit hard, with what forecasters are saying..

thats what they said last year...

Cant wait till nov nonetheless, cypress every other week

TOS'd 09-13-2011 06:59 PM

Why must cypress pass (even at group rate discount) be so expensive. D:
Still have a day to debate whether or not to go with cypress pass($450) or seymour pass($250).

Any pros and cons from you guys?

Vangruver 09-13-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 7577107)
Why must cypress pass (even at group rate discount) be so expensive. D:
Still have a day to debate whether or not to go with cypress pass($450) or seymour pass($250).

Any pros and cons from you guys?

you make the call.

cypress has more terrain, more parking, more lifts.

but it also has more idiots, more idiots, and more idiots.

Seymour as a whole is one big terrain park, where they groom everything to park like fashion.

it has a better PARK, where cypress is going to build a new park, but we've yet to see what the results will be.

Seymour has more pro riders that go there, and amateur riders that are up and coming pros. cypress will have a pro team if they ever get their act together and give away passes.

Seymour is family owned, cypress is a corporate owned mountain.

then there's grouse........

slowride 09-13-2011 07:55 PM

I'll be rockin my y2play this season at grouse, and contemplating buying a cypress pass. Most likely go with the Silver pass, that gold pass is too pricey.
Pickin up a 4runner this weekend to help get me to some interior mountains for some pow pow this spring! :)

Death2Theft 09-14-2011 06:37 AM

I'd be happy to get half of last years snow.

RayBot 09-14-2011 09:33 AM

Mom got me some custom Oakleys for my birthday...the perks of working at an optical store!

Second year boarding...I'll be hitting Big White for the first time ever this season.

Vangruver 09-14-2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Got some stuff to slang, if anyone's interested. This is all gear that's either brand new or pretty much brand new. Check the links and let me know!

3 Pairs of new or almost new snowboard boots (size 8/8.5)
ThirtyTwo Lashed Snowboard Boots

Stepchild Joe Sexton Pro Model 150
Brand New Stepchild Joe Sexton Pro 150
these are all my friends stuff. give him a text if you're interested.

Vangruver 09-16-2011 07:53 AM

Foursquare/Special Blend/Forum's new featured film..... Vacation

see the trailer here

Oct. 14th Vancouver, BC CAN – Forum Sports Bar

woob 09-16-2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 7577107)

Where's the Cypress pass $450? I've only see the $900 pass or ~$760? with the group rate.

I think I'm going to be riding Whistler this year. Student rate is $469 and I've got a friend to drive us up.

TOS'd 09-16-2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woob (Post 7579916)
Where's the Cypress pass $450? I've only see the $900 pass or ~$760? with the group rate.

I think I'm going to be riding Whistler this year. Student rate is $469 and I've got a friend to drive us up.

Its the group buy rate that ended Sept 15th. It is like $399 for a silver pass. So approx. $450 after tax.

Vangruver 09-16-2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 7579923)
Its the group buy rate that ended Sept 15th. It is like $399 for a silver pass. So approx. $450 after tax.

group rate isn't applicable to the silver pass, only the gold/premium pass.

the silver pass works out to 496 after taxes. I just bought one for my gf.

TOS'd 09-16-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vangruver (Post 7579976)
group rate isn't applicable to the silver pass, only the gold/premium pass.

the silver pass works out to 496 after taxes. I just bought one for my gf.

Group rate clearly states Silver Pass. I guess when we say "group rate" we are talking about two different things. I am not talking about the Big 5 thing, which I know does not apply to the Silver Pass.

Vangruver 09-16-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 7580004)
Group rate clearly states Silver Pass. I guess when we say "group rate" we are talking about two different things. I am not talking about the Big 5 thing, which I know does not apply to the Silver Pass.

all gravy, i wasn't quite sure if it was or wasn't the same thing, but either way it's still fairly cheap for a pass. however the black outs aren't something to look forward to, since you're still going to have to pay to ride on weekends, and those holidays.

TOS'd 09-17-2011 08:04 AM

^ Yup, thats another reason I didnt buy the silver pass. And the gold pass was another $260+tax with no blackout dates.

woob 09-17-2011 09:55 AM

ahhh so $450 was for Silver. I see.... Yeah there's no way I would be able to deal with the blackout dates. So for me, Whistler it is!

btdus, has anyone heard of Lobster snowboards? Helgason brothers' new line of snowboards. Looks like the boards are manufactured by Bataleon judging by the fact that they have TBT in them.

celica-g5 09-17-2011 12:41 PM

Crystal mountain in Washington is SNOWING!!! Crystal Mountain Washington - Sports/Recreation/Activities - Enumclaw, WA | Facebook and snow up at the Roundhouse in Whistler this morning! This year is going to be EPIC!!!

saucywoman 09-17-2011 01:58 PM

someone hook me up with a good discount for a pass or something ;) lol

slowride 09-18-2011 10:43 PM

Seymour passes are still on sale until september 30th?
Cypress pass rates will go up as of midnight apparently? Kinda odd that they would pick September 18th as a cutoff date.
Grouse- Buy the y2play in the springtime :P
Whistler rates will go up Oct. 10th, considering picking up one of the 15 day passes, but $919 is alotta pennies.

On a side note- hunting for a winter vehicle (4x4) that'll get me to mountains :) recommendations?

Vangruver 09-19-2011 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowride (Post 7582700)
Seymour passes are still on sale until september 30th?
Cypress pass rates will go up as of midnight apparently? Kinda odd that they would pick September 18th as a cutoff date.
Grouse- Buy the y2play in the springtime :P
Whistler rates will go up Oct. 10th, considering picking up one of the 15 day passes, but $919 is alotta pennies.

On a side note- hunting for a winter vehicle (4x4) that'll get me to mountains :) recommendations?

the only reason that september 18th was the cut off is to allow people to purchase on the weekend. makes complete sense if you ask me.

Whistler 15 day pass is a great deal regardless of how you look at it, consider that even the 7-11 discounted rates are still 70+ bucks, going up 15 times is still over a grand.

you do a 15 day pass, you're good till may of next year. and think about it this way....you do even twice a month at whistler, you're saving money and time as all you have to do is line up in the lift to head up and they scan you.

But my question to you is, why do you feel you need a 4x4? do you plan on doing some major expeditions where there isn't any plowed roads?

your car is only as good as the tires you put on them.

But if you really want to consider a 4x4 or all wheel drive vehicle, that's light, fuel efficient, and cheap...consider a Toyota Corolla All-trac wagon. Throw some 175.70.13's on there and you're as good as gold. Even better than most newer cars that need wider tires for stability. You don't need major horsepower or torque in the winter, you just need something you can rely on.

My car is so light, that I've been using 155.80.13 winter tread. pizza cutters got me EVERYWHERE in the winter. Now i just need to tone down my brakes since they will lock up the tires quickly in slippery conditions.

slowride 09-20-2011 10:54 AM

Well i was looking at 4cyl 4x4's mainly, with the possibilty of a v6 if it was cheap/good condition. Planning to hit interior mountains this year, as well as a trip to revelstoke, so figured a 4x4 with some quality winters on it should do the trick. After my last car, its hard to just hop into any old honda and enjoy driving it lol. Also the added space is good, and i do have a soft spot for wagons...!!

back to boarding, and hoping for epic pow- La Nina Is Back…But How Epic Will She Be? | TransWorld Business

Vangruver 09-20-2011 10:05 PM

we've gone through some of our inventory of gear and sorted/sifted through the things we want to sell.

check my signature :)

sdubfid 09-22-2011 06:48 PM

whistler student season pass $469

+1 on the pizza cutters vangruver and also driving in reverse uphill for fwd