REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 11-16-2011, 09:17 AM   #26
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

For original hemming for Jeans, I had good experience with Two Sisters Alterations on 2238 Kingsway Vancouver close by Nanaimo St. Good price and they can do it within an hour if you pay a bit more. For other alterations not sure but they do a pretty good job for all my jeans.
Advertisement
ed99 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-16-2011, 10:39 AM   #27
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

I have got a rip on my jeans (knee cap area) and was wondering if there is another way to fix it aside from patching with the cloth from the inside? Any hemming places would know how to fix it? Or am I stuck using a patch?
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:56 PM   #28
Need my Daily Fix of RS

i have a tear and rip in the crotch of my jeans.

any recommendations?

Watches and Audio Gear , Headphones
blazingazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:04 PM   #29
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

oakridge tailors on cambie and 40th
fuhkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:38 PM   #30
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
if your in burnaby, ive had good experience with "instant tailoring" inside brentwood mall(right beside the pet habitat store). they do the job quick, and for a simple hemming it costs 8$ i believe...taken several zip up hoodies there as well to get the zippers fixed.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:50 PM   #31
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrinh View Post
Try and avoid Stitches in Metrotown. They're very inconsistent if you ask for a certain size hem and just looks sloppy. Uneven 1/4inch hem on both the jeans I left them. Asked if they could colour match the threads and they said "sure". Both pairs came out black..
Amen to this man. I didn't realize it at first cus I was in a rush, but I had a pair of $200 jeans hemmed by them and one pair turned out to have stacks on the bottom while the other didn't. Very sloppy do not recommend.
Posted via RS Mobile
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:40 PM   #32
My homepage has been set to RS

Oakridge Tailors

Oakridge Tailors - South Cambie - Vancouver, BC

Hands down the best tailor I've ever had. Price is higher, but you definitely get QUALITY. Jean hem will cost $12-14.

William and Joy are the owner/operators, they're awesome!

He pays attention to the details too. Say for nudies, there's a special stitch on the hem and most tailors miss that and just do a straight hem through.

(Look top left)

feedback
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...ighlight=noizz
Noizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:58 PM   #33
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
Amen to this man. I didn't realize it at first cus I was in a rush, but I had a pair of $200 jeans hemmed by them and one pair turned out to have stacks on the bottom while the other didn't. Very sloppy do not recommend.
Posted via RS Mobile
Yeah, pair of jeans I left them were my R&R's and William Rast'.. My fault for bringing denim like that to Stitches. Lesson learned. Stitches was just a convenient location for me.
Stacks at the bottom? They must have kept the original hem and folded it up or something. How could they have done two different hem jobs though? lol
jtrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:19 PM   #34
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Surrey has many good places, If you are willing to go out of the way, places in Surrey can do it fast and efficient ($15 can get you a professional hemming job).
Ibleedswag is offline   Reply With Quote