REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 07-29-2012, 12:31 AM   #51
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Ciroc is and will not be available in Canada due to labelling issues because Ciroc is distilled from Grapes so by the retarded Canadian Liquor Laws, it should be labelled a brandy whereas Ciroc is like "da fuq?" so they just rather pull all their shit back to the States... but I agree Ciroc is very smooth chilled, the Red Berry flavour is especially nice. I try to grab a bottle everytime I'm down south.

Anyways, I picked up a bottle of Russian Standard Platinum at Duty Free last time and it's pretty darn good too.
Skull Vodka tastes like ass, especially for the price point, hundreds of better Vodka's out there for half the price. Uluvka is another expensive vodka in a fancy bottle that tastes like unicorn piss.
Belvedere > Goose: Goose is for posers, after drinking the REALLY good shit, Goose tastes like rubbing alcohol. Belverdere actually tastes better.
Stolichnaya > Smirnoff: Stoli is really good for the price. Smirnoff is the basic standard, wouldn't ask for or buy it personally but if it got served mixed in a drink, wouldn't mind it.
Absolut > Potters: Both are disgusting, but if I had to drink shitty fire water I would take Abs over Pots)
Van Gogh makes a delicious Espresso Vodka, but the Double Espresso is way too syrupy and thick for me.
SKYY is meh.
Ketel One is above average.

Yeah I went through quite a vodka phase a while back ... actually still am lol ...

I recently imported some Ultra-smooth, premium vodka that's (as far as I know) only available in Vancouver (maybe even Canada, maybe even North America lol) at Ebisu. Drop by and ask for a shot You won't regret it!
Advertisement

"Dream as if you will live forever, Live as if tomorrow will be your last." ~ James Dean

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." ~ Ferdinand Porsche

There is no substitute.

History
1982 Toyota Corolla
2000 Honda SiR
2002 Lexus IS300
1989 Honda Civic
1986 Toyota AE86 頭文字 (イニシャル) D
2000 Porsche 996
2015 Cayman S
Current
2017 Boxter 718
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-29-2012, 10:57 AM   #52
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

For a cheap vodka I really enjoy Sobieski and Russian Standard. I recently tried the Russian Standard Plantinum and it was on par with Belvedere. Also tried the Van Goh Triple Wheat vodka (french, dutch and polish), very smooth, great flavour chilled straight up, no ice!
skholla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #53
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Just picked up Coconut Ciroc down south last week.

Waiting for the right event to bring it out and crack it open.
thegentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #54

Sunday seems like a good enough event, crack it open!

I just cracked open a bottle of PB&J Van Goh vodka, yummy!!!
Old 07-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #55
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
Skull head tastes like Smirnoff

Personally for mixing I love goose, and I know most ppl will say what's the point of mixing etc but any real vodka coniseur goose is garbage not because of the overhype or taste, but moreso lack of it, real good vodka should have depth to it where as goose is as vanilla as it comes when your talking about vodka
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #56
Rider

Thanked 2,081 Times in 532 Posts
i hate goose its terrible belvedere is way better, i usually buy belvedere when its a special occasion and not just another weekend to get smashed

ciroc, stoli, rusian standard, and belvedere are my favourites
gdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #57
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
for the price russian standard is dope
gonna have to add Sobieski on my list to try.

skull head is overrated. its only good to make a bong outta the bottle after lol, i also heard dan ackroyld owns that brand

you guys should check out costco brand kirkland vodka.

since you cant buy alcohol at costco here you have to buy it either in the states or Alberta

its imported from France and apparently is from the same company that makes greygoose

but its also distilled one more time then greygoose.

cant go wrong 55$ for a 1.75L

BLUEBERRY STOLI FTW lol
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #58
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,012 Times in 988 Posts
Chopin vodka, potato brewed.. #1
strykn is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2012, 05:22 PM   #59
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skholla View Post
For a cheap vodka I really enjoy Sobieski and Russian Standard. I recently tried the Russian Standard Plantinum and it was on par with Belvedere. Also tried the Van Goh Triple Wheat vodka (french, dutch and polish), very smooth, great flavour chilled straight up, no ice!
I've actually never tried Sobieski, that will be the next brand I pick up ... still working on my RS:Platinum. I also picked up a couple of funky flavoured ones for shits 'n giggles. I hope I didn't just waste my money on crap lol ... got myself the Bubblegum and Bison Grass flavours ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegentleman View Post
Just picked up Coconut Ciroc down south last week.
Waiting for the right event to bring it out and crack it open.
I saw that flavour at the Duty-Free in Vegas but I only have a 2 bottle limit so I decided on Johnny and RS:Platinum... let me know how it tastes! Maybe next time I will get it!

Quote:
Sunday seems like a good enough event, crack it open!
I just cracked open a bottle of PB&J Van Goh vodka, yummy!!!
PH&J?? ... where did you get that? I didn't even know they made that lol ... actually it sounds kinda gross ... the Dutch Caramel didn't exactly blow me away either.
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #60

I got the PB&J at duty free truck crossing coming back home. It's a great shooter straight up.

One trip down south I stopped at the peace arch duty free (canadian side) and picked up 3 bottles of van goh, it was on sale for 2 for $40 plus another $10 for the van goh blue triple wheat vodka.

Recently I got a big boy bottle of Belvedere from costco seattle for $50, also a big boy of kirkland signature french vodka for $40. The kirkland french is supposed to be distilled at the same place as grey goose.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #61
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
^ apparently its distilled one more time than goose as well
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #62
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,583 Times in 4,299 Posts
Have a couple bottles of Ciroc left at home, picked it up in AZ a couple weeks ago for $30 each lol
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #63
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
I got the PB&J at duty free truck crossing coming back home. It's a great shooter straight up.

One trip down south I stopped at the peace arch duty free (canadian side) and picked up 3 bottles of van goh, it was on sale for 2 for $40 plus another $10 for the van goh blue triple wheat vodka.

Recently I got a big boy bottle of Belvedere from costco seattle for $50, also a big boy of kirkland signature french vodka for $40. The kirkland french is supposed to be distilled at the same place as grey goose.
3 bottles? How many people did you go with? Don't you get taxed?
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #64
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,346 Times in 5,651 Posts
Multiple ppl now have told me the Costco vodka is very good for the price
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #65
Need to Seek Professional Help

^ werd
dhari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #66
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,583 Times in 4,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
My dad always goes to Calgary and brings back a couple cases. For the price the vodka is great and you really can't get anything better. Kirkland vodka FTW
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #67

There was 4 of us going down to the US, going either way across the border you are allowed 1L of liquor each.

Kirkland also has there standard/American vodka that is 6 times distilled and sells for $25 US for a 1.75L bottle.

The Kirkland French vodka sells for about $40 US and about $60 CAD in Calgary. A great deal considering the big boy Goose goes for $120 locally.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #68
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 1,034 Times in 174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Review: Kirkland Signature Vodka (or, Is It Or Is It Not Grey Goose?) « The Rebel Bartender
fs604 is offline   Reply With Quote