REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:56 PM   #26
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
Absolutely not true.

California has crushed modified Hondas.

When the Ontario street racing law (aka the 50kmph+ law) was enacted people were calling for cars to be crushed instead, including the OPP chief at the time.

Absolutely not true. if it were they would be going after all 13 cars, not singling out the worst offenders.

It is being melodramatic, unless of course you're a street racer and this impacts you, which you are not, so you're being a drama queen.

Before you cry that I'm picking on you, I've used specific examples to highlight my point, while your point is just opinion. Perhaps try to back up your points with examples, facts, ... something so they have some merit and you won't feel picked on.
Before I say anything else, I need to address your last part. I respect that this sub-section isn't the place for crap, so I'll keep this brief.

Do not EVER pander to me, or patronize me. That statement was completely without merit, and was not required. I have resisted the idea that you are a troll. I think you do like to antagonize, and its uncalled for in a civilized conversation.

Yes, I gave my opinion. I did zero research. I get it man, you are a system man. Great. You have faith that the government, and their police wing has got your back. You keep your nose clean, work your 9-5 and so what does it matter to you, right?

I don't take the idea of stripping possessions from private citizens lightly. Just the same as I don't take anything done in the justice system lightly. The final measure of security that powers are not being abused is public discussion.

I don't care what happens in Ontario, or California. They have their own thing to do. I care what happens here.

I think-think, that's my opinion Taylor, that this case was publicized for the type of car they were driving. I think that if it was rusted out corollas, this would not happen. Yes, these guys were talking shit I'm sure, and someone in the group probably even said, "do you know who my father is?"

That has nothing to do with the gov't now stripping their possessions as punishment. That has nothing to do with this being a largely unfair penalty. If I was able to hang with a lambo in my shitty work truck, and we both get caught, and we both lose our vehicles to forfeiture, well, I'm out a significantly less valuable item to replace, aren't I?

And I'll add, get over yourself on this board thinking you are above anyone else.
Advertisement
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:21 AM   #27
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
Do not EVER pander to me, or patronize me. That statement was completely without merit, and was not required.

Yes, I gave my opinion. I did zero research.
Thanks for verifying it has merit. I'll remind you that you started with:
Quote:
Let's face facts here
So lets face the facts, you provided none, admitted you provided none, and tried to pass your opinion off as fact... so I'm the troll? That is by definition trolling.

You deserve to be patronized.

Quote:
I don't care what happens in Ontario, or California. They have their own thing to do. I care what happens here.
Yet your opinion is about public perception, and last time I checked, there's public perception in California and Ontario. Oh wait, you don't actually care about that.

Quote:
I think-think, that's my opinion Taylor
Great, and everyone is welcome to their opinion no matter how wrong it is. Yet don't dare call your opinion "fact" especially when you don't back it up with any.

Quote:
And I'll add, get over yourself on this board thinking you are above anyone else.
I'm above you until you prove otherwise. Do yourself a favour and don't reply to my posts if you cannot handle having your weak arguments torn apart.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:25 AM   #28
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebberry View Post
I'm waiting for the day someone driving an R8 gets passed by an R8 "street racer", and the first driver gets mistaken for the racing driver and has his car seized.
I'd be more worried about some nice person in a Camry or Civic driving along, getting passed by another similar Camry/Civic driven by a late soccer mom, an asshole business man, or a punk kid driving their parent's car.

There's a much higher chance that will occur.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:14 AM   #29
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
I'd be more worried about some nice person in a Camry or Civic driving along, getting passed by another similar Camry/Civic driven by a late soccer mom, an asshole business man, or a punk kid driving their parent's car.

There's a much higher chance that will occur.
I've seen it first hand. I was driving my Sentra and my buddy was following behind in his Talon. We were both doing 65 in a 50 zone. A hatchback Civic speeds past us doing 80 km/h and we are the ones who were pulled over and the officer accused us of street racing. This was back in 2002 when street racing was the flavour of the month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:40 PM   #30
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I would just like to say, especially in regards to the little flame-fest there between Taylor and Gridlock:

I believe in the same thing Taylor does. These kids really deserve it. My friend was stuck on the highway and he was one of the persons who reported it. We're both track racers. We know stupid racing when we see one.

This item's been sensationalized not ONLY due to the cars being driven. It was sensationalized due to the AGE of the drivers, the fact that they are new immigrants, the gfact that they ALREADY have records for this behaviour, and the fact that they showed ZERO remorse and had the AUDACITY to call out the police for doing their job.

At the same time. I DON'T like the police. I've been hasseled by them. I've had run-ins with them when I was young. HOWEVER. I think they are NEEDED. there's NO PERFECT LAW enforcement bodies. Now to think of it, the main reasons why they ever gave me shit was because i drove like the 13 retards on that highway when I was young.

This case is reaching far beyond of just rich kids with bad attitudes and nice cars. This, IMO, is starting to encroach on the fact that: People are seriously agitated with the behaviour of new asian immigrants. It's bad enough that our economy rides on this, along with a huge real estate bubble. It's WORSE when they throw their money around and not give a shit about other people. I mean, not all of them are like this. But most are.

And before you all think I'm throwing the race card, I'M CHINESE. But looking at the way some of these people, hell, MOST of them behave, it makes me SO disappointed. So ASHAMED to be Chinese myself.
BallPeenHammer2 is offline   Reply With Quote