REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   construction zone workers (https://www.revscene.net/forums/654899-construction-zone-workers.html)

xilley 10-05-2011 11:12 AM

construction zone workers

So, I was on kingsway today and going at 60-63 completely honest speed.
So then I saw these two girl worker waving to slow down as I was approaching their working zone at the intersection right beside safeway, anyways at that time I was a good 30 feet away, and I Did as they waved I slowed down not even passing the yellow light as by the time I reached them I was at 25km so I thought everything was good, the worker gave me a smile BUT the worker infront took her phone out and took a photo of my car?! So I asked why the F you take a pic of my car she replied " I m going to report it to the police" now I m choked as shit, I was going 63 on reg kingsway and I slowed down to 25 YET she gives me this bs? Now I m wondering if she's able to do this?
And if your replies is just going to be you shouldn't be going 63 at a 50 zone then stfu, no one goes 50
Thanks
Posted via RS Mobile

vafanculo 10-05-2011 11:14 AM

No proof you are good
Posted via RS Mobile

Prolowtone 10-05-2011 11:19 AM

Thats BS, I was driving past one in surrey and she walked out swinging her sign at me.... I stopped and she told me to slow the fuck down..... I just drove through a school zone not 20feet before this doing 30, then i slowed to a further 20 and she was giving me attitude swinging her little slow sign.
Same girl?? :lol

satek 10-05-2011 11:24 AM

she's trolling you

JordanLee 10-05-2011 11:31 AM

A picture can't judge your speed unless you crossed a red.

GLOW 10-05-2011 11:49 AM

if you obeyed construction speed limits like you said you did then you're fine. some of these sign girls think they're traffic cops. half of them don't even do their job properly (not like it's rocket science). you should have said: "what for? for slowing down to 25km/hr b/c i saw you guys?"

oh ya, almost forgot

"you shouldn't be going 63 at a 50 zone"
:troll:

xilley 10-05-2011 12:21 PM

exactly what i thought.. but is it possible the cops keeps a file under my license plate or something? if she reports it?

she talked like a hill billy with crooked teeth fck she was gross..

btw^ fag :troll:

Energy 10-05-2011 12:25 PM

No proof, you're safe.

illicitstylz 10-05-2011 12:26 PM

brb taking picture of any car driving through a construction zone and report them for "speeding" based on a snapshot picture.

strong woman logic.

xilley 10-05-2011 12:30 PM

i think she just havent been laid in a while with those teeth

and arent those girls usually single moms? or seniors?

vafanculo 10-05-2011 12:52 PM

I don't get why those girls are always smoking, or look like crackheads... Stressful job :troll:
Posted via RS Mobile

optiblue 10-05-2011 02:30 PM

Lol, taking a picture of your car will never hold up in court. If anything even comes, just dispute it as they're not even trained to do speed judgement. The court system is so backed up it's not even funny. I have friends that are still waiting for a court date for minor traffic infractions from 4-6years ago and I'm still waiting for mine from May. For a mere $80 ticket, by going to court I think we're costing tax payers more money that there is to gain.
Posted via RS Mobile

6o4__boi 10-05-2011 06:49 PM

unless her camera/phone has a built in radar you're good to go.
she's trollin you...hard

Bainne 10-05-2011 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6o4__boi (Post 7602872)
unless her camera/phone has a built in radar you're good to go.
she's trollin you...hard

There's an app for that

XplicitLuder 10-05-2011 09:30 PM

^ too bad she had a blackberry :troll:

xilley 10-05-2011 09:51 PM

howd you know^

i noticed she had a blackberry cause she did the Guiltiest possible way to take a pic
she pulls it out and pressed it against her waist and pressed the right side button.

dumb bitch.

Sky_High 10-06-2011 12:01 AM

Come on Xilley,

You should know better. Why didn't you pull out your cellphone and take a picture of her?

Troller on RS, got trolled by a construction girl. :nicethread:

xilley 10-06-2011 12:26 AM

LOL fuck will do tomorrow if i see her again

GLOW 10-06-2011 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xilley (Post 7603362)
LOL fuck will do tomorrow if i see her again

take a pic of her when she's just standing there smoking and talking to her buddies instead of standing there waving a sign. and when she asks why are you taking a picture you say:

to show your boss you're not doing your job :fuckyea:

just be careful she doesn't take out her cell phone to take a pic of you, which will result in you asking her why are YOU taking a pic?

b/c she'll respond: b/c you're driving with your cellphone so i'm going to report you to police :troll:

i don't see her being smart enough to think of that though

fsy82 10-06-2011 12:03 PM

contrary to what many say the fine is not doubled if caught speeding through a construction zone. its a scare tactic. again you should always slow down during those areas as the people working there are vulnerable.

vafanculo 10-06-2011 12:05 PM

Lol wouldn't it be funny if while he slowed down to take a pic of her, he gets pulled over for using an electronic handheld device while driving
Posted via RS Mobile

El Bastardo 10-06-2011 02:08 PM

I've had a construction worker hit my windshield with her handheld stop sign before. I was downshifting and my engine revved as I approached the work zone. She took it as a slight against her overpaid self and brought the sign down on my car as I drove past. There was no damage beyond a light scuff and I didn't want to make myself late for work over it, so I let it go.

While I respect the fact that these people have been injured on the job thanks to negligent drivers, their attitude toward the public in this "Us vs Them" safety campaign, treating every car that passes them as having hostile intent, is ridiculous.

Things like this:
Port Mann traffic slowed by flaggers protest - British Columbia - CBC News
show their flippant attitude towards the general public. The 99.99% of us who respect the law and pass smoothly through these sites are painted with the same brush as a negligent driver by flaggers.

I'm sick of it.

These people need to take a $200 course to work a $15+ p/h job. They're afforded a modicum of authority. They need to appreciate the position they're in rather than lord it over the rest of us.

Simnut 10-06-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachycardia! (Post 7603899)

These people need to take a $200 course to work a $15+ p/h job. They're afforded a modicum of authority. They need to appreciate the position they're in rather than lord it over the rest of us.

I agree to dislike flaggers with baaaaad attitudes! BUT, I'll play the devils advocate again.
The flaggers have a VERY important job to do. They are there to not only protect the workers at the particular site, but US if there is danger ahead!

I've controlled traffic at a number of accidents (when driving ambulance and when being the first on the scene) and other incidents that are in or around traffic. Even though I was doing my best to "control" the situation and not let anyone else get hurt.....some drivers can be real idiots when it comes to "doing what they are told" in those situations. I was directing traffic around and through an intersection next to a house fire....trying to keep it clear for any emergency vehicle movement. Two (two different vehicles) "lookie loo's" parked beside the hydrant that was being USED and I kindly asked them to move elsewhere. They told me to "..... off" and walked over to watch the fire. I was standing beside an RCMP vehicle, with an RCMP reflector vest that was lent to me by the officer. It was pretty clear that I was part of the "help" at the fire....but it didn't seem to matter to those two. And those are the drivers that can put you in a bad mood for the next driver....who maybe completely "innocent".

Quite often, drivers don't slow down when the signs tell you to....or warn you to...but only when coming up on the flaggers. This can be intimidating for whomever is standing in the middle of the road.

I know it can get frustrating, especially during the summer months when a lot of construction is happening..and there are many "inconvenient" flaggers out there. Try driving a bus all day...trying to keep a schedule...and being stopped, no matter how brief! But they DO have an important job (and yes, some of them have let it go to their heads!) where THEIR life and the lives of whomever is counting on them to control traffic relys on.

Next time, give them a wave and a smile....if we do it more often, perhaps fewer of them would be in "foul" moods when we get there...! :D

Prolowtone 10-06-2011 08:21 PM

^ or smile, wave and potentially piss them off even more :D

Simnut 10-06-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prolowtone (Post 7604473)
^ or smile, wave and potentially piss them off even more :D

Not if it was a "genuine" smile....hehehe