REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 05:11 PM   #26
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
...Yes...the media will post it because it's what people WANT to hear...not because it affects people. Blackberry has been down SEVERAL times here in Canada within the last few months too.

Don't be naive..if you're going to talk about the comparison, be realistic and not a fan-boy who has to defend his shit every two minutes.

International BlackBerry outage continues | Signal Strength - CNET News

"BlackBerry users in Canada and parts of Central and South America also suffered service disruption last month, when RIM's e-mail and messenger services were down."

"The company said in a statement that the issues experienced by its customers in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, India, Brazil, Chile, and Argentina were caused by a core switch failure within RIM's infrastructure."

BlackBerry Messenger Experiences Outage in Parts of Canada, Latin America

"Users from three Canadian carriers – Rogers, Bell, and WIND – were impacted. Also, NTN24 reports that users in Venezuela, Colombia, Panama, Chile, Mexico and Argentina were also impacted."

I have a Blackberry so don't bullshit another user...I know first-hand as you do how reliable the service is and how it's been in the last few months.

You carry an iPhone and a Blackberry around on the same network...Okay and...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6insomnia9 View Post
Exactly. No one gives two shits about whatsapp?

No one I know who has a blackberry even bothers using other instant messaging wannabe apps like that shit cause they know bbm is orignal and everything else is just another copy cat.

Fut you blackberry haters.

Go shit on your devices
Posted via RS Mobile

Look at this butt-hurt guy...Why would people who own the device hate on their own device? (I own a Blackberry device, I use one every day)...What is wrong with fanboys and their inability to take CRITICISM...It's not a jab AT YOU...it has nothing to do with YOU as a person...it's about a piece of hardware we own, a material object. Stop getting butt hurt over something so trivial. It's called a f#cking discussion for a reason. So wipe your tears, talk facts and be OBJECTIVE.
Advertisement

Last edited by parm104; 10-11-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:19 PM   #27
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,196 Times in 2,276 Posts
Quote:

No one I know who has a blackberry even bothers using other instant messaging wannabe apps like that shit cause they know bbm is orignal and everything else is just another copy cat.

Go shit on your devices
Posted via RS Mobile
good for u....
Loyal Blackberry User...
Guess what... I have many friends on Blackberry..and they use WHATSAPP AS WELL AS BBM

BBM is single platform messaging
WHATSAPP is cross platform messaging
BBM isnt the reason why RIM is failing.. so GOOD FOR YOU
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthchilli View Post
good for u....
Loyal Blackberry User...
Guess what... I have many friends on Blackberry..and they use WHATSAPP AS WELL AS BBM

BBM is single platform messaging
WHATSAPP is cross platform messaging
BBM isnt the reason why RIM is failing.. so GOOD FOR YOU
+1...BBM is great...it works well...but on BLACKBERRY devices.

It's inevitable that not all your contacts will be on Blackberry and a handful who are have chosen Blackberry so they can stay in contact with people internationally for an affordable price (BBM.)

WhatsApp enables people to chose other devices without having to feel restrained to one particular device because of a service like BBM. WhatsApp allows people to communicated with Blackberries, Androids and iOS devices...What more could you ask for?

Anyone who says "all the people they know use Blackberries" is lying...it's impossible for that to be true.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:32 PM   #29
Prince of the Apes

Thanked 3,046 Times in 672 Posts
BBM... thats ALL you have? Good luck.
[23-08, 13:17] nabs i've gripped ice boy's shaft before
Quote:
[26-08, 13:50] Jesusjuice is this a sports car forum? why are there so many hondas?
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2011, 06:01 PM   #30
Got MOD?

Quote:

Go shit on your devices
Posted via RS Mobile
It's called alternatives.
My Feedback (50-0-0)

Old 10-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #31
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
Originally Posted by !MiKrofT View Post
It's called alternatives.
alternatives = we dont ignore friends who arnt cool becuz we ditched RIM
Old 10-11-2011, 06:31 PM   #32
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Yes yes, I'm a die hard fan, I don't need much to operate .

Bbm + physical keyboard + push email = set for life.

Don't need apps or games which renders useless to me.

Only app I ever use is, google maps.

Everyone shits on their own devices , because there are always flaws with everyone. There will never be a perfect device.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #33
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parm104 View Post
...Yes...the media will post it because it's what people WANT to hear...not because it affects people. Blackberry has been down SEVERAL times here in Canada within the last few months too.

Don't be naive..if you're going to talk about the comparison, be realistic and not a fan-boy who has to defend his shit every two minutes.

International BlackBerry outage continues | Signal Strength - CNET News

"BlackBerry users in Canada and parts of Central and South America also suffered service disruption last month, when RIM's e-mail and messenger services were down."

"The company said in a statement that the issues experienced by its customers in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, India, Brazil, Chile, and Argentina were caused by a core switch failure within RIM's infrastructure."

BlackBerry Messenger Experiences Outage in Parts of Canada, Latin America

"Users from three Canadian carriers – Rogers, Bell, and WIND – were impacted. Also, NTN24 reports that users in Venezuela, Colombia, Panama, Chile, Mexico and Argentina were also impacted."

I have a Blackberry so don't bullshit another user...I know first-hand as you do how reliable the service is and how it's been in the last few months.

You carry an iPhone and a Blackberry around on the same network...Okay and...?
Ya I use both on a constant basis and I find BBM more reliable by a long shot. My GF is in Indonesia and there are times whatsapp is delayed like an hour or so while my BBM through to right away. Heck my roommate hasn't been able to send a single message with whatsapp on his iphone 3G. I'm not knocking whatsapp nor am I a fanboy nor am I someone to buy into a media witch hunt on Blackberry. I love my iPhone 4 and I think whatsapp is the most reliable BBM alternative but it's not as reliable.

You can keep posting all the stories you want. No one posts whenever whatsapp goes down because no one cares. Just because the media doesn't post about whatsapp going down doesn't mean it doesn't go down. Whenever Blackberry/Google/Apple make a mistake the media will blow it out of proportion. Whenever whatsapp makes a mistake no one cares to read about it.

I just googled "bbm whatsapp reliable" and just about every posts names BBM as more reliable.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:04 PM   #34
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

gues what
its down again
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2011, 08:14 PM   #35
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,779 Times in 1,173 Posts
I can't get Internet through my 3G right now as well as no BBM. This sucks.
Posted via RS Mobile
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #36

LOL! josayeee you are SUCH a fail...

There are people telling you of their CURRENT experiences and you're still too ignorant to understand. They have no motive to "bash" BBM, they're giving personal accounts of what is happening to them right now! But I'm sure roastpuff and darthchilli work for CTV so they're just media feeding on bashing Blackberry.

If you're going to try and talk about how reliable BBM is how unreliable Whats App is, perhaps chose a day/week/month when the system ISN'T down...it'll help your case.

News Flash bud: RIM is a Canadian company...WE WANT it to succeed. We want it to do well and be popular, regardless of whether we use it or not.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:31 PM   #37
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
LOL! josayeee you are SUCH a fail...

There are people telling you of their CURRENT experiences and you're still too ignorant to understand. They have no motive to "bash" BBM, they're giving personal accounts of what is happening to them right now! But I'm sure roastpuff and darthchilli work for CTV so they're just media feeding on bashing Blackberry.

If you're going to try and talk about how reliable BBM is how unreliable Whats App is, perhaps chose a day/week/month when the system ISN'T down...it'll help your case.

News Flash bud: RIM is a Canadian company...WE WANT it to succeed. We want it to do well and be popular, regardless of whether we use it or not.
1. Im not press. I've been in the telecom industry for 7years
2. BBM is MORE reliable than WHATSAPP for a MESSAGING SYSTEM
3. BBM relies on BIS to work..BBM is only down when BIS is down, thus affecting the whole network
4. BBM/BIS isn't going to save RIM. Terrible mistakes and no vision of the future will be their demise. Their decision making is lacking. I dont know what is going to save RIM. Maybe RIM needs to put their ego aside and expand the BIS service outside of RIM hardware
Old 10-11-2011, 08:42 PM   #38

Quote:
1. Im not press. I've been in the telecom industry for 7years
2. BBM is MORE reliable than WHATSAPP for a MESSAGING SYSTEM
3. BBM relies on BIS to work..BBM is only down when BIS is down, thus affecting the whole network
4. BBM/BIS isn't going to save RIM. Terrible mistakes and no vision of the future will be their demise. Their decision making is lacking. I dont know what is going to save RIM. Maybe RIM needs to put their ego aside and expand the BIS service outside of RIM hardware
lol Darthchilli,

I know you're not press, I've dealt with you on several occasions, buying/selling phones in the past. I was making a point that he thinks that everyone is against Blackberry and the media thinks the public wants to see it fail.

And I don't think What'sAPP is more reliable than BBM; I never said it was. I DO think that it is a reliable alternative to cross-platform messaging.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:50 PM   #39
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
gues what
its down again
Yup. Feel like one of those kids that only uses a blackberry to text message. So fucking gay.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-11-2011, 09:00 PM   #40
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
so android version is going to be subscription base????? really??????
Old 10-11-2011, 09:03 PM   #41

Thanked 1,137 Times in 259 Posts
RIM should take notes from IBM.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by threezero View Post
so android version is going to be subscription base????? really??????
No, there is no way of KNOWING...That is what some people think it will be.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:29 PM   #43
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Quote:
lol Darthchilli,

I know you're not press, I've dealt with you on several occasions, buying/selling phones in the past. I was making a point that he thinks that everyone is against Blackberry and the media thinks the public wants to see it fail.

And I don't think What'sAPP is more reliable than BBM; I never said it was. I DO think that it is a reliable alternative to cross-platform messaging.
all good
hahaah
i didnt know i have dealt with u in the past hha. this old brain on my cant rmb

quite honestly, RIM falling will not be good for this country, but you know, they will be bought out before they fall

many companies would love to get on to their patents
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2011, 11:44 PM   #44
Got MOD?

I think it'll be subscription based because they have nothing to gain if everyone was free to access it. Mind you whatsapp is also subscription based but it's so cheap that I would pay for it if needed.
My Feedback (50-0-0)

Old 10-12-2011, 12:49 AM   #45

Quote:
all good
hahaah
i didnt know i have dealt with u in the past hha. this old brain on my cant rmb
LOL no worries, this was of course awhile back...when I was actually excited about finding phones on Rev. Back in the Nokia N73, N95/95-8GB days...Phones I could only find in the Asian and European markets. I liked that exclusivity those phones offered, knowing that not many people I knew would have the same phone. I remember the first phone I bought on RevScene. It was a Nokia 7610...came with TWO faceplates! lol.

...Now Mobile Buy/Sell is just flooded with Blackberry and Apple products, all the same.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:32 AM   #46
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
lol Darthchilli,

My point was that bbm is more reliable than whatsapp which is what you failed me for and called me a fan boy for. Ya I know it's down and I know it's ironic that it went down as I'm writing this. It goes down about as often as rogers/fido. For me I'll take that over wondering if my message will get sent in 10 seconds or 10 minutes each time I send a message.

Last edited by josayeee; 10-12-2011 at 04:28 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-12-2011, 06:41 AM   #47
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Honestly, if BBM/BIS was available on Android phones with a physical keyboard I would consider switching. All of the Droid phones I've seen with physical keyboards so far haven't been that great tho, I could be overlooking one since I'm not really a hard core phone guy.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:28 AM   #48
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
Considering that the outage started in emerging markets, this could be a huge blow to RIM. It's too bad because I want the company to succeed.

And to boot, I just purchased a couple pieces of hardware.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-12-2011, 09:06 AM   #49
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7seven View Post
Honestly, if BBM/BIS was available on Android phones with a physical keyboard I would consider switching. All of the Droid phones I've seen with physical keyboards so far haven't been that great tho, I could be overlooking one since I'm not really a hard core phone guy.
that's why RIM is looking into implementing an android app emulator on the next generation of BB phones.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:11 AM   #50
I am Hook'd on RS

bgr.com mentioned bbm coming to android and iOS back in march. they said that it would be a "stripped down version" of bbm. not sure what that exactly means but possibly no picture, video, audio messages or something like that..
Closed Thread