REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 06-01-2016, 08:42 AM   #326
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Yup like I said earlier, it's just a lot of fan service - they aren't holding back at all.

I just like that they know this is the last season, and they can end it properly. I hate it when shows just end out of nowhere.
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-01-2016, 09:22 PM   #327
Rs has made me the man i am today!

i just came in here to write about yesterdays episode..im not worried about shaw going ape shit..i think Finch is going to go ape shit. He has a dark history.

i love this show
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 07:40 AM   #328
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Yup like I said earlier, it's just a lot of fan service - they aren't holding back at all.

I just like that they know this is the last season, and they can end it properly. I hate it when shows just end out of nowhere.
Yeah, lots of fan service. I think it's intentional, however. They know the show is being cancelled in advance, so the writers probably wanted to throw in a bunch of stuff in order to thank the viewers that stuck around. Sure, some of it is a little over the top (the car/gun fight, etc) and is venturing into Michael Bay tv stuff, but it's nice that they're doing it. Nothing worse than a show that doesn't at least acknowledge the fans that kept them on the air for so long.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 08:40 AM   #329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Nothing worse than a show that doesn't at least acknowledge the fans that kept them on the air for so long.
Actually it's worse when they overdo it

But I don't think that's the case here... It's the same show, just with the volume turned up a bit
Old 06-02-2016, 09:01 AM   #330
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
Jon Nolan actually said he was saving that Root car chase/gatling gun sequence for a film, but decided to use it for POI as he felt Roots character deserved to go out like a champ. They ended up cutting the shot of the car hood decapitating the gatling gun operator partly due to time constraints and CBS S&P.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 11:29 PM   #331
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,137 Times in 259 Posts
That's all she wrote. Left it open for future spinoffs at least. Wasn't a huge fan of the way it ended. Could have been worse though. Glad I was along for the ride from start. Too many shows I like end early, maybe my taste in TV is shit. Lol
Old 06-22-2016, 08:42 AM   #332
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScizzMoney View Post
That's all she wrote. Left it open for future spinoffs at least. Wasn't a huge fan of the way it ended. Could have been worse though. Glad I was along for the ride from start. Too many shows I like end early, maybe my taste in TV is shit. Lol
I liked the ending. It would have been stupid if everyone had survived. I hope they do a spinoff with Shaw..shes just a badass
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 08:45 AM   #333

I thought the end was good. Some characters lived, some died, but there was some ambiguity overall. Pretty cool
Old 06-22-2016, 09:15 AM   #334

Early on in the show I didn't expect to like Fusco, by the end he was probably my favorite character.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:32 AM   #335
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
I'm sad it's over but happy the way it ended, it was a great show for over the years and at least they didn't leave anything hanging.

No question I agree a spinoff with Shaw would be awesome
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:08 PM   #336

I should watch the finale again, everyone I know keeps saying how amazing it was so maybe I missed something.

I'd like to rewatch the whole series again sometime soon too. Will easily go down as one of my favorites.