REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Toyota / Lexus Tech Resources

Toyota / Lexus Tech Resources All Toyota & Lexus Tech info
THIS ADSPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT

Old 10-14-2011, 10:08 PM   #1
I am Hook'd on RS

Where to bring my '94 Toyota Camry V6 LE for good quality servicing/affordable rates?

Are there any mechanic(s)/garage(s) you would recommend for the maintanence of a 1994 Toyota Camry V6 LE with good quality work and affordable rates? Are there any mechanic(s)/garage(s) with good quality work and affordable rates you would recommend for third generation Camry engine swaps?
Advertisement

Last edited by jtang84; 10-14-2011 at 10:18 PM.
jtang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:59 AM   #2
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

why would you want to swap your camry engine?? i think the swap would cost more than the car is worth, with minimal gains... the 1MZ-FE engine in your car is a solid, reliable engine, so long as it's maintained properly... the newer 1MZ-FE engines have no real benefit except slighly higher compression, and VVT-i... and they're a lot more work to get running properly, OBDII, etc...
fng@regencyauto.com
narfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:53 PM   #3
I am Hook'd on RS

I do realize the current engine in my Camry, the 1MZ-FE is a solid reliable engine, but I am wondering if the USDM or JDM 3VZ-FE would work with my Camry. The reason why I am interested in a USDM or JDM 3VZ-FE swap for my Camry is because I like low end torque and I think the USDM or JDM 3VZ-FE would add a decent amount of low end torque to the Camry, at the expense of 1-1.5 mpg lower fuel efficiency than the 1MZ-FE which has less low end torque and is tuned for better high end torque than the 3VZ-FE. If the USDM or JDM 3VZ-FE is compatible with my Camry, what does my Camry need to work with a USDM or JDM 3VZ-FE? Does my Camry's transmission and exhaust system work with the USDM or JDM 3VZ-FE?
jtang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:46 PM   #4
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

i can't picture why you wouldn't be able to get a JDM 3VZ-FE engine to work with your camry, but you're talking negligible gains, an added 100lbs, older technology, and 20+ hours of work, all to gain 20 ft/lbs of torque?

there is a reason why toyota moved away from using the 3VZ-FE in the 92-93 Camry V6 and ES300 models to the 1MZ-FE in the 94-05 camry v6 and 94-03 ES300...

run the camry for what it is... a reliable, fairly inexpensive, decently fast 4 door sedan...
fng@regencyauto.com
narfy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-22-2011, 06:02 PM   #5
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Honestly dude, why bother putting that much money into an old Camry. It's a reliable, practical, economical car. If you want performance, sell it and buy something meant to go fast.
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote