REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-21-2011, 09:58 AM   #26
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikkaku View Post
I gotta quote this. It's absolutely true in China. Some do the most messed up things to get money from other people. People throw themselves behind cars that are reversing, just so they can sue the driver, or they pretend to be hit.

The mindset is generally 'if I stop to help, it may be a trap'.

I've been told that in China when a vehicle hits a pedestrian/cyclist which results in severe injuries, they are very tempted to either A) get away or B) run over the person again and hope they kill them. The reason for B is that they do not want to be on the hook for the medical bills, especially when the injuries are long term or life-long.
That's funny. For work, I deal with suppliers from Mexico and I hear the same thing. If they are driving along and see a Latino Megan Fox standing over a broken down vehicle, they don't bother to stop and help for fear of being kidnapped or robbed.
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:09 AM   #27
degenerate extraordinaire

Yeah, it's really sad what society has turned into. I applaud all the good samaritans out there for their honest care for the good of others.
He would step out of his freshly downtown autospa detailed 996 C4s, check out his own reflection in the driverside window out of habit, take off his brand new limited edition D&G aviator sunglasses so the mf can see the fury in his eyes, sashay over to the other guy and then threaten to insert his black leather Savatore Ferragamo loafers into the guys rear-end.
Ikkaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:12 AM   #28
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,453 Times in 987 Posts
i refrained from watching this video up until now.
really hard to watch that. cant believe the parents just let their kid wander the streets.
most parents i know dont even let their kids stray more than a few meters, and even then they are watching carefully.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:36 AM   #29
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
i refrained from watching this video up until now.
really hard to watch that.
This isn't the first time I've watched something like this. Back in 2006, I was stopped at the lights on Main and 41 ave. I saw a bunch of people run across the street and I looked over and there was a lady that was run over by a cement mixer truck.

I left the car and went over to give what first aid help I could and I asked the people there if anyone had a towel or something to cover the victim and everyone kinda looked at each other as they knew whatever they gave up would be tossed away because of the victim's blood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:29 AM   #30
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,817 Times in 3,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by niu99 View Post
in china ppl don't offer help
they are scared that they will get sued
lots of scams
i know there are traps and what not...but the child's obviously in critical condition for passer-by's even without witnessing the accident firsthand

but seriously...there's no need for a 2nd car to run it over again.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:14 PM   #31
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
when something bad happens, whoevers the first one there is the one to blame, guilty until proven innocent

thats how it is over there, the mentality, but when the justice system have the same mentality too, you're fucked, you'd stay out of everyone's business
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:31 PM   #32
Summertime Sadness

Thanked 2,911 Times in 648 Posts
Can a mod or someone please delete or merge this thread with:

2-Year-Old Girl Ran Over by Van & Ignored by 18 Bystanders ...

This one has already been acknowledged as a repost, so let's not have 2 separate threads about it.

[15-01, 11:33] ICE BOY i'm going to wrap my dick in a crepe and make you suck the filling

[[09-10, 11:34] ICE BOY liquor in the front, poker in the rear
LSF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-21-2011, 12:42 PM   #33
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,817 Times in 3,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyzy View Post
OP, you even posted in the other thread yourself, lol
better than some other member on here that reposted his own original thread
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:55 PM   #34
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSF22 View Post
Can a mod or someone please delete or merge this thread with:

2-Year-Old Girl Ran Over by Van & Ignored by 18 Bystanders ...

This one has already been acknowledged as a repost, so let's not have 2 separate threads about it.
is it bothering you that much?
xilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:32 PM   #35
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

as the world gets more connected, accountability problems will start surfacing more and more like this one... i wonder... is it a good thing?

look at the police brutality that was captured on camera...
Anjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:56 PM   #36
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

going back to legal issues. What is the law here regarding Samaritan? I know in the states a good Samaritan is not liable for damages if one helps a person in need but end up causing injuries. Here in Canada we have a glass skull rule (or broken skull, I forgot) in which the last person that the last person who end up "breaking the skull" is liable for all damages. Like if a person's arm sustained massive injuries but the bone has not been broken yet. If you decide to give him a hand up but end up breaking his arm, u r then liable for ALL damages. Can someone clarify it? I mean if that's the case, we can't really blame ppl for not helping because the risk is just too great. A kind heart can end up ruining ur entire life.

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:41 AM   #37
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by q0192837465 View Post
going back to legal issues. What is the law here regarding Samaritan? I know in the states a good Samaritan is not liable for damages if one helps a person in need but end up causing injuries. Here in Canada we have a glass skull rule (or broken skull, I forgot) in which the last person that the last person who end up "breaking the skull" is liable for all damages. Like if a person's arm sustained massive injuries but the bone has not been broken yet. If you decide to give him a hand up but end up breaking his arm, u r then liable for ALL damages. Can someone clarify it? I mean if that's the case, we can't really blame ppl for not helping because the risk is just too great. A kind heart can end up ruining ur entire life.
We have a Good Samaritan's doctrine that is a legal principle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_Samaritan_law

The way you referred to it (US version) seems exaggerated. I doubt they would be acquitted of ALL liabilities pending on what was done and how it was performed. I think it depends on the circumstances of the situation and how the person reacted.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote