REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #1
I don't get it
mercyboy's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New westminster
Posts: 409
Thanked 161 Times in 53 Posts
B.C.'s enhanced driver's licence crossing Border?

ICBC | B.C.'s enhanced driver's licence

I heard about this and was really looking forward to going to the States. My passport is expired and really just want to cross the border for gas or meets sometimes.....Is this acutally true that u can use your Driver licience as an act for a passport....or this is a bust....And can an N licience be used to???
mercyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:54 PM   #2
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: richmond
Posts: 7,049
Thanked 1,525 Times in 606 Posts
every class has its own EDL
if you get a N EDL for 5 years and during that time you get your class 5 then you have to pay for the EDL for the class 5 again.

and why would it be a bust? its all in plain english on the link you posted.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
The RS Freebie guru
InvisibleSoul's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: East Vancouver
Posts: 22,029
Thanked 2,489 Times in 859 Posts
You have to give proof of Canadian citizenship when applying for the EDL, so after you're given an EDL, it then is sufficient to prove citizenship, which is all that's required for going to the US by land.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:55 AM   #4
I am Hook'd on RS
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Burnaby, B.C.
Posts: 65
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
if that's the case, then we don't need to bring the passports when we're crossing the border?
skyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:54 AM   #5
Need to Seek Professional Help
AutozamAZ-3's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Burnaby/Bavaria
Posts: 1,039
Thanked 140 Times in 79 Posts
Yes, no passporr if u have edl. Bear in mind that this only works while driving, not boarding a plane
Posted via RS Mobile
AutozamAZ-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:59 PM   #6
I *heart* very Muchie
racerman88's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: 604
Posts: 3,699
Thanked 340 Times in 208 Posts
it only works for the one specific lane going down. It is not the nexus lane but another that they just opened. Faster than the regular line up.
Fuelled by rice

racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc. cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of