REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Pet Forum

Pet Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Where my dogs at?! In here..
Where pet lovers congregate..

Old 10-18-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Cat leaving damp spots (drool? Sweat?)

I'm not sure if there are any cat people on this forum, but my kitty was just lying down on the bed for a while, and when she moved, there was a damp spot left behind. Maybe the size of a tea-plate, and its damp, not soaked.

It isnt urine, I think its either drool or sweat (cats sweat very little from their paws), it isnt very hot or humid in here, so I'm really stumped!

This has never happened before, and Im just going to do the 'if it persists, get it checked' procedure, but does anyone have any ideas? I am almost positive it is coming from her mouth, but there is no obvious sign of drooling like a dog, but it seems like she isnt closing her mouth entirely, and keeping her saliva?

Recently, the tap water turned slightly brown for a period of time over the last few days, and the cats only drink from the bathtub (dripping faucet) since they don't like standstill water. Possibly an infection/bacteria?

Thanks!
Advertisement
sebTeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:49 PM   #2

Its drooling, any tips?
Old 10-21-2011, 09:46 AM   #3
VLS Pet Forum Mod

if it's a new thing it could be something to do with shifting teeth as they get older. Drooling isn't really something you can get rid of unless it's a symptom of something. Usually if they are sick you would see another symptom as well (not drinking or eating, drinking way more, agitated, lethargic, etc.) Unfortunately sometimes when they age the teeth move and shift that can allow the drool to happen.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:05 PM   #4

She stopped drooling, as far as ive noticed. We checked her teeth, etc.

Might be from bad water. The stupid community flushed the water and she might have drank from the tub. Thanks tho!
Old 10-21-2011, 03:29 PM   #5
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
my cat did that too....is your cat a long haired cat? its sometimes because they have a strand of hair or something in there mouth and they produce more saliva to get rid of it. Atleast thats what my cat did in her situation.
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote