REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Manufacturer Tech Forums > Hyundai / Kia / Daewoo Tech Resources

Hyundai / Kia / Daewoo Tech Resources All Hyundai, Kia & Daewoo Tech info

Old 10-18-2011, 11:07 PM   #1
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

new Accent VS. Elantra?

Why is it that the Elantra is the "better" and more expensive model here when the new 2012 accent has TONS of features?? Anybody drive one? I'm taking about the hatchbacks more specifically.
Advertisement
CLDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:54 AM   #2
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

no experience drivn either those cars but maybe family sedan vs compact hatchback and size of its engine. hyundai is coming up with a lot of gadget in each every car now a days like bluetooth and such. i dont know.......... have you check veloster?
gc200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #3
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

anytime you buy the base model of a vehicle you will pay more for the engine but won't get any features you know you're going to want.
when buying a new car, never look at the base model price, most dealerships don't even have those cars.
Bhachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
I think your looking at the 2011 elantra wagon theres a new one coming and it has a lot of feature and looks a lot better

that being said the accent isnt bad neither
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #5
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
the 2011/2012 Elantra Touring (Wagon style) has the same styling, just the 2012 comes with more standard features like Fog lights, roof racks and so on... body is same...

Elantra is a bigger car then Accent. I have the 2011 Elantra Touring and I like it.. Lots of room to haul shit... Gas mileage could be better... lots of road noise... Get the new Elantra GT (hatch) if you want smaller car...
Old 07-17-2012, 09:47 AM   #6
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

+1 on new elantra GT, pretty unique styling, not a bad car if u want a bit more trunk space than the sedan.
vyrospec is offline   Reply With Quote