REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 10-20-2011, 12:32 AM   #1
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Winter Gloves

where to shop for winter gloves eg. leather fabric.

pics would also help!
Advertisement
tonynguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:49 AM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,927 Times in 612 Posts
mec
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:23 AM   #3

What is mec?
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-21-2011, 04:27 AM   #4
WHAT? NO FOOD?

Thanked 1,133 Times in 230 Posts
mountain equipment co-op

[29-04, 00:14] El Bastardo: Santofu isn't the hero Revscene needs, but hes the hero Revscene deserves
Santofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:45 PM   #5
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

A good thin, warm liner to wear under some other gloves are polypropylene gloves. They sell them at MEC for $5. Thinner than those dollar store gloves but 5x as warm.

I don't know how warm leather gloves are (I assume most are form over function tho) or how cold it's even going to get but I would wear these under those.
JACKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 05:08 AM   #6

Thanks jacked! I usually don't wear gloves but I was in an accident a while back which left my right hand only at 70%. Slower blood flow means colder hand in the winter! Need some more suggestion guys!!
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-23-2011, 02:18 PM   #7
My bookmarks are Reddit and REVscene, in that order

Thanked 13,465 Times in 1,814 Posts
Yeah... I too am looking for winter gloves.
All the ones I have seen are kinda of cheapy and garbagy.

I'm coming from Held Phantoms, so I'd prefer something with a high level of protection too...
Old 10-23-2011, 09:00 PM   #8
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culverin View Post
Yeah... I too am looking for winter gloves.
All the ones I have seen are kinda of cheapy and garbagy.

I'm coming from Held Phantoms, so I'd prefer something with a high level of protection too...
This is the thread in the fashion section! Not bikes :P
Theres a thread in the bike section too
BinsentoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:52 PM   #9
I subscribe to Revscene

Thanked 1,315 Times in 385 Posts
i got some white pair at the dollar store. I think dollar giant?
they're nice and thick and a steal for a buck.
the ones I got were a thick fabric material with a brown tip.
they lasted me a winter and are super warm
k3mps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:52 PM   #10
I STILL don't get it

If price is no issue, get snowboarding gloves from any snow shop in W 4th Ave. or any Sportchek or Sportmart.

They're made for snow, so you know they work. They carry nice leather Dakine or Burton gloves there, but expect either one to run you upwards of $50 - $100. You pay for the Goretex waterproofing and mostly the brand name. Some Burtons even have inner liners that act as separate gloves.

My current snowboarding gloves are leather, called the Pow Tanto. They work up in Cypress, so I'm 110% sure they work down here. I wouldn't use them for shovelling snow though, cause they cost a pretty penny.

For classier leather gloves, I'd hit up the Bay or some other department store. They all have bargain bin gloves. Buy it now, cause they sell out once the snow hits.
jello24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:23 AM   #11
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello24 View Post
If price is no issue, get snowboarding gloves from any snow shop in W 4th Ave. or any Sportchek or Sportmart.

They're made for snow, so you know they work. They carry nice leather Dakine or Burton gloves there, but expect either one to run you upwards of $50 - $100. You pay for the Goretex waterproofing and mostly the brand name. Some Burtons even have inner liners that act as separate gloves.

My current snowboarding gloves are leather, called the Pow Tanto. They work up in Cypress, so I'm 110% sure they work down here. I wouldn't use them for shovelling snow though, cause they cost a pretty penny.

For classier leather gloves, I'd hit up the Bay or some other department store. They all have bargain bin gloves. Buy it now, cause they sell out once the snow hits.
I only wear thin gloves. I'm actually looking at these at the moment.

The North Face$Men's$Accessories$Gloves/Mitts$ETIP GLOVE

for the average person, having bulky glove with a healthy lack of dexterity isn't really helpful when you have to take them off constantly to do daily activities.

The tighter the glove on your hands, the warmer your hands will be, and the dryer they turn out because the warmth will help rid moisture

Heck, unless it's -10 with wind or if it's really damp [on the mountain that is] I always wear the thinnest tightest gloves I can find. I like knowing I can pull zipper leads, reach into my pockets, light a lighter, smoke a cigarette, take a picture and perform various tasks without having to take off my gloves.

The beauty part of these gloves are the fact that you can layer them underneath a waterproof shell that you can find at MEC as well.

Vangruver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:50 AM   #12
McFogg The Dawg is my homeboy

Thanked 1,130 Times in 286 Posts
this thread makes me want to go snowboarding so bad
kevin7352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:32 PM   #13
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,258 Times in 474 Posts
I tried googling for warmest gloves and it came up with finding "Thinsulate Insulation" gloves will keep your hands the warmest, is that true?
I wonder if MEC carries them?... I'll be walking a lot when the snow really hits this week so I would prefer some nice super warm gloves rather then the 1 dollar cotton gloves ... but I don't want to wear some super thick skiing gloves where I can barely hold a coffee mug...

Advice plz!
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:06 PM   #14
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
I tried googling for warmest gloves and it came up with finding "Thinsulate Insulation" gloves will keep your hands the warmest, is that true?
I wonder if MEC carries them?... I'll be walking a lot when the snow really hits this week so I would prefer some nice super warm gloves rather then the 1 dollar cotton gloves ... but I don't want to wear some super thick skiing gloves where I can barely hold a coffee mug...

Advice plz!
I think I saw gloves at H&M with a Thinsulate tag on it.
areyounoob is offline   Reply With Quote