REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-25-2011, 03:03 PM   #51
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlines_Daily View Post
just spotted you on 49th, WHY U NO WAVE?

lol i saw your car (sick rx8 by the way) but i only noticed you nod when i passed u already so i didnt have time to nod back. hahaha! it would definitely be awkward though waving back to someone i dont know but now i know you so ill wave back next time. hahaha!
Advertisement
Old 10-25-2011, 07:53 PM   #52
First to fail !SG evar! Now i have yellow fever...

Thanked 2,431 Times in 475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by haymura View Post
..definitely be awkward though waving back to someone i dont know but now i know..!
almost as awkward as waving to someone you don't know, and them not waving back, haha!. Car looks great, love the roll cage.
Redlines_Daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:16 PM   #53
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
who doesn't know redlines_daily!
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 07:30 PM   #54
RS controls my life!

haymura: spotted you today on no.3 road around 6ish. car sounds good! dont change anything hahah im jk
Old 10-27-2011, 07:54 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRoJeX View Post
haymura: spotted you today on no.3 road around 6ish. car sounds good! dont change anything hahah im jk
i actually just replaced my test pipes with high flow cats so that it sounds a littler quieter. Ill admit im guilty of giving her a little more gas than usual cuz i really wanted to test out how much the sound has changed. thanks for the compliment though and yea, from this point on everything else will stay.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:06 PM   #56
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Help me understand.. richmond has to be the flattest place in the lowermainland..
Death2Theft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:25 PM   #57
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death2Theft View Post
Help me understand.. richmond has to be the flattest place in the lowermainland..
clearly you havent seen a speed bump at lansdowne mall
1995 Nissan 240sx SOLD
2009 Saturn Astra
some_punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:15 PM   #58

lansdowne mall bumps are the death of my car. fuck those things are high as fuck but the worst ones are the commercial area humps small but tall.
Posted via RS Mobile
haymura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:48 PM   #59
Cool beans bro

Thanked 1,054 Times in 231 Posts
Last time I checked, Cusco cages aren't legal for ANY event in North America. It's merely for the strength. See the bends near the front of many cages? How is that supposed to hold up? Legit cages are straight tubes, going through the dash if they have to. Legal pads are still going to injure you without a helmet. Strengthen the body by other means and getting rid of the cage is what most will recommend.
JordanLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:29 AM   #60
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by haymura View Post
i actually just replaced my test pipes with high flow cats so that it sounds a littler quieter. Ill admit im guilty of giving her a little more gas than usual cuz i really wanted to test out how much the sound has changed. thanks for the compliment though and yea, from this point on everything else will stay.
That's good that you put on high flow cats. I'm not exactly sure about the specs on your exhaust or if you can still do this, but years ago you can go to some of those Made in Taiwan parts tuner shops and see if they have any silencers that fit your exhaust.

I remember hearing about friend's that did that, but we are talking about 8-10 years ago. Not even sure if they are still in business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:30 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanLee View Post
Last time I checked, Cusco cages aren't legal for ANY event in North America. It's merely for the strength. See the bends near the front of many cages? How is that supposed to hold up? Legit cages are straight tubes, going through the dash if they have to. Legal pads are still going to injure you without a helmet. Strengthen the body by other means and getting rid of the cage is what most will recommend.
But the blue looks cool. It must be good for 10-15 whp.
Quote:
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 10-28-2011, 10:04 AM   #62
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanLee View Post
I am not familiar with the CUSCO cage for the 350Z but many CUSCO cages I've seen have to many bends.. For example the A-Pillar from top to bottom can only have two allowable bends to be SAE approved..
Wormiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:20 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormiez View Post
I am not familiar with the CUSCO cage for the 350Z but many CUSCO cages I've seen have to many bends.. For example the A-Pillar from top to bottom can only have two allowable bends to be SAE approved..
Most of the Cusco bolt-on cages have quite a few bends on that front tube so that they kinda form around the dash so you don't have to cut holes into your dash.
Not sure what good that will do in a roll-over accident as those bends will be the first part to give.
Quote:

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
Old 10-28-2011, 01:35 PM   #64