REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:45 PM   #1
I am Hook'd on RS

Drive without due care

I was driving to my girlfriends at 2:30 am and took a corner too fast that was posted at 30kmh. I fish tailed and went right into the ditch, and the officer gave me a ticket for $368 because he said he could tell i was speeding. I told him i wasn't, i just lost control because i drive a rear wheel 350z and it was wet out. What do you guys think the probability of me disputing this is?
Advertisement
justin476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:52 PM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 3,340 Times in 841 Posts
I think the probability of you disputing it is pretty high because you don`t seem too sharp....

The probability of you winning on the other hand is very slim because you were driving without due care. Only amateurs drift in the rain
Jgresch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-29-2011, 02:52 PM   #3
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin476 View Post
I was driving to my girlfriends at 2:30 am and took a corner too fast that was posted at 30kmh. I fish tailed and went right into the ditch, and the officer gave me a ticket for $368 because he said he could tell i was speeding.
You were speeding and that's what caused the accident, what makes you feel that you should not need to pay the completely legitimate ticket?

Quote:
I told him i wasn't, i just lost control because i drive a rear wheel 350z and it was wet out. What do you guys think the probability of me disputing this is?
If for some reason you do dispute it, you better have a better case than I drive a RWD car and it was raining. It rains five days a week in Vancouver, and somehow everyone else manages to maintain control of their vehicles.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:05 PM   #4
I am Hook'd on RS

yah thanks. I WAS speeding...I just don't want to pay the ticket.

I went into the ditch pretty soft and there aren't even any skid marks on the pavement. My rear wheels only have about 50% tread also. By the time i actually went into the ditch, I was probably <20kmh.

How can he possibly have enough evidence? All he can really say is "I have reason to believe you were speeding"
Old 10-29-2011, 03:21 PM   #5
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,310 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:

I went into the ditch pretty soft and there aren't even any skid marks on the pavement. My rear wheels only have about 50% tread also. By the time i actually went into the ditch, I was probably <20kmh.

How can he possibly have enough evidence? All he can really say is "I have reason to believe you were speeding"
The ticket isn't for speeding.

Its for driving without due care. If you drove with due care, how do you explain going into the ditch?

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:30 PM   #6
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

No way of getting out of it.

Pay for it and learn from your mistake and stop speeding.
Posted via RS Mobile
6insomnia9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:10 PM   #7
dlo
Los Bastardo owned my ass at least once

Thanked 7,930 Times in 1,432 Posts
u admit to speeding online and said u just dont want to pay the ticket..
sounds like u being a dumbfuck lol, pay it for being an idiot, you deserved that ticket
go dispute for a lower price if u cant afford it
[08-12, 00:25] Iceman-19 the owner was someone i knew. trusted him. that blew up in my face like i was a 19 year old jap girl at a bukkake party.
dlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:43 PM   #8
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:

All he can say is that you lost control on the corner, that you had only 50% tread left on your tyres and that you were the only one who did it....so it was not the condition of the road, the water on it or anything else but the driver who caused it. It was the result of your poor driving, and probably poor vehicle condition, which also showed a lack of "due care' on your part. If there were hundreds of vehicles off the road in that exact location at that time, you might have some hope of convincing the JP is was not your fault and probably due to poor road design. The only other option would be that you deliberately crashed your car for some reason? The fact you don't wan't to accept the blame or pay for the ticket that you got, says a lot about your attitude, one that you don't want the JP to hear as court testimony.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:52 PM   #9
I help report spam so I got this! &lt;--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Because race car...

Pay the ticket and don't drive like a retard next time.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:18 PM   #10
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
Quote:

x2
Sky_High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:24 PM   #11
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
All he can say is that you lost control on the corner, that you had only 50% tread left on your tyres and that you were the only one who did it....so it was not the condition of the road, the water on it or anything else but the driver who caused it. It was the result of your poor driving, and probably poor vehicle condition, which also showed a lack of "due care' on your part. If there were hundreds of vehicles off the road in that exact location at that time, you might have some hope of convincing the JP is was not your fault and probably due to poor road design. The only other option would be that you deliberately crashed your car for some reason? The fact you don't wan't to accept the blame or pay for the ticket that you got, says a lot about your attitude, one that you don't want the JP to hear as court testimony.
Thank you for one of the only legitimate responses. The corner is very narrow (barely enough room for two cars to take the corner at the same time) and doesn't even have road lines on it. If i choose to dispute it, perhaps i will measure the width from corner to corner.

Last edited by justin476; 10-29-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:35 PM   #12

Lol what....If there is barely enough room for 2 cars to take it then why did u take it so fast? He didn't say you could get off on poor road design, he said if hundreds of cars were in the ditch that might be the case.

Just pay the ticket and don't put your car in a ditch again. If you dispute it, the cop and judge with both think you're an idiot.
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-29-2011, 11:50 PM   #13
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgresch View Post
Lol what....If there is barely enough room for 2 cars to take it then why did u take it so fast? He didn't say you could get off on poor road design, he said if hundreds of cars were in the ditch that might be the case.

Just pay the ticket and don't put your car in a ditch again. If you dispute it, the cop and judge with both think you're an idiot.
Posted via RS Mobile
That's exactly it. You WERE driving without due care since you were not paying due attention to the road scenerio.

Had you been driving at proper controlled speeds, you would not be making this thread.

What's next? Dispute a ticket for sliding into a car during snowy weather because you did not have snow tires?

Man up and take responsibilitu. Better yet, take this as a learning experience.

I know its not the advice you want to hear, but its the advice you need hear.
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:16 AM   #14

Quoted wrong person lol
Posted via RS Mobile
Old 10-30-2011, 12:31 AM   #15
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,352 Times in 445 Posts
Lol no I liked your point. Maybe I shoulda worded it better
Posted via RS Mobile
vafanculo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-30-2011, 01:01 AM   #16
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Thank you for one of the only legitimate responses. The corner is very narrow (barely enough room for two cars to take the corner at the same time) and doesn't even have road lines on it. If i choose to dispute it, perhaps i will measure the width from corner to corner.
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say, that's probably why the corner was marked 30km/h.

MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-30-2011, 08:37 AM   #17
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
i would actually listen to this guy. hes going to be my defence lawyer in future.hehe
gc200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:35 AM   #18
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 2,485 Times in 1,007 Posts
Quote:
you need friction to make skidmarks

AND.. HOW OLD ARE YOU!.. if you dont want to pay, Dont drive...

Driving is Responsibility and a Privilege. You sound like you dont have any Responsibility.

Last edited by FerrariEnzo; 10-30-2011 at 10:01 AM.
FerrariEnzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:49 AM   #19
I help report spam so I got this! &lt;--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
This thread is
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-30-2011, 02:02 PM   #20
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
This thread is
This forum usually is! It's called "free entertainment" for the rest of us.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:43 PM   #21
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Don't bother disputing the fine amount either. JJP's cannot lower the fine for Drive Without Due Care.
ninjatune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:40 PM   #22
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gc200 View Post
i would actually listen to this guy. hes going to be my defence lawyer in future.hehe
Talk to me. My company has been retained in several court cases, including BC Supreme Court and I'm an accepted "expert".
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:53 PM   #23
...on a mission....

Quote:
Talk to me. My company has been retained in several court cases, including BC Supreme Court and I'm an accepted "expert".
But keep your vehicle away from this gentleman, he has size 12 feet!
Simnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:50 PM   #24
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
oh i will.hehe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simnut View Post
But keep your vehicle away from this gentleman, he has size 12 feet!
lmao
gc200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:46 AM   #25
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,061 Times in 1,181 Posts
Where's the FAIL button when you need it?
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote