REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 11-03-2011, 11:32 PM   #26
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Carts of Darkness like mentioned above, really well done and cool cuz it's local
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2011, 02:54 AM   #27
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Big River Man- It's about a 50 something year-old long distant swimmer who attempts to swim the entire 3,300 mile length of the Amazon River.

I liked it. There's a scene where he swims past random dead bodies floating in the Amazon River. He also visits a lot of places that the natives still occupy.
Ron_Swanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:56 AM   #28
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Chris Rock - Good Hair - It's about black women and hair. Pretty funny and weird at the same time.
Sky_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #29
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Hot Coffee. It's about Bush's reform of America's tort laws with undesirable consequences. Another win for the corporations.
cunninglinguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:17 AM   #30
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,377 Times in 445 Posts
Long Way Round and Long Way Down - Charlie Boorman and Ewan McGregor's motorcycle travels around the world. If you ride a motorcycle you should definitely watch this.
Invisible sky daddies commanding people to do shit is just so beyond retarded, I feel like punching myself in the balls until I shit my computer chair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopstick View Post
4 years ago, I pulled up to burger king, and asked to get a teen burger. I realized after the 3rd time i said it, I was in the wrong fucking place.

(>___<)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_High
[19-10, 22:51] how many post do I need before I can fail TOS'D posts.
Alphamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:57 PM   #31

For Remembrance Day, I watched "The Tillman Story" which was about Pat Tillman and the cover up of his death by the army.
cunninglinguist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:05 AM   #32
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Exit through the Gift Shop - if you're a graphic artists, or a fan of art in general.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:01 PM   #33
Better safe than Surrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Swanson View Post
Big River Man- It's about a 50 something year-old long distant swimmer who attempts to swim the entire 3,300 mile length of the Amazon River.

I liked it. There's a scene where he swims past random dead bodies floating in the Amazon River. He also visits a lot of places that the natives still occupy.
Good story, some gross parts. Almost seemed fake/made up at certain points. Entertaining none the less.

Stream: Big River Man | DocumentaryStorm - Stream Full Documentaries
Old 11-12-2011, 07:48 PM   #34
I help report spam so I got this! &lt;--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Why We Fight (2005) - War/History
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:39 PM   #35

Life In A Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaFVr...Flife-in-a-day

great documentary that gives you a new perspective on life
haha13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:50 PM   #36
RS controls my life!

Anvil:The story of anvil-About a canadian metal band from the 80's that is still struggling to make it in the music industry. Very emotional journey of a band not giving up on their dreams and trying to live within the tough music industry.

Catfish-a friend starts filming his buddy after his online relationship with an entire family begins to grow suscipious. Not sure if it was real or not, but it is a pretty great thriller documentary and a really eye opening view of online relationships and communication.

Roger and Me-Micheal moore's first documentary about how he tries to get an interview with the CEO of GM and ask him about the downfall of Flint and the car industry in america. Sad what GM did to that city and the car industry in general.

Waste Land-A famous brazilian painter goes to the biggest garbage dump in the world to create works of art out of the garbage with the help of the poor people who work there. Great look at the art world, the issues of brazil and garbage disposal/recycling.

Man on Wire-Crazy tightrope walker goes around being a crazy badass. I love a documentary about a very unique and interesting person. Grizzly man and Senna are both worth taking a look at as well.

Who killed the electric car?-The rise and fall of the Chevrolet EG and the electric car in general. Interesting examination of the car industry, comsumerism and a failure to adapt to change. My only criticism with this movie is that it seems way to one dimensional when it comes to defending the electric car. The movie makes it out to be the only answer out there and every other solution is evil and not worth giving a damn about.

Food.Inc-Shows the issues with americas food industry, involving the mass production of meats and grains to supply corporate fast food businesses. Very depressing look at the agricultural industry in america, especially the part involving Round up and the seed cleaner guy. That is some true monopolizing bullshit law and order right there.

Winged Migration-No story, just birds migrating. Beautifully shot and it has some amazing feats in camera work and animal relations. Some scenes were set up though.

Jesus Camp-A documentary of a bible camp for children. Some astonishing and truely outaraging footage of religion being pushed onto youths. Some of the bullshit that is shown in this movie just wants to make a man rage. "I think Galileo made the right choice by giving up science for Christ. "

Style Wars-Documentary about how subway graffiti started in new york city and a look at the people who do it and why. A really honest look at the people who paint graffiti and how most of them are fairly normal hip hop related people instead of the stereotypical gang member. Some amazing graffiti aswell.

Harlan County USA-in the 70's a bunch of mine workers went on strike and it turned into a bloody affair. Ugly what miners have to go through. Although it is a fairly old movie(1976) it has a lot of relevant issues and the people are unique and interesting.

The Cove-A group of animal rights activist try and stop the cruel slottering of thousands of dolphins in japan. I still don't know why people are able to kill dolphins and whales, or why they do it in the first place.

Anytown,USA-A blind independent politician runs for mayor of a small town. Really interesting look at American politics and American lifestyle altogether.

Murderball-The story of parapelgics who play wheelchair full contact rugby. A lot of really emotional moments as it is both a touching sports story as well as a human drama.

My Winnipeg-A citizen shows some of the interesting and comedic sides of Winnipeg that some people might not ever see. Every canadian should watch this film. It has some of the strangest and craziest stories every written about a small city. The director does shit talk the Jets and says how they will never come back, so it feels oddly dated.

Tears for april-Local documentary about police following the lives of drug addicts in the eastside, specifically a girl named April who was killed during the period they were filming her.

some I haven't seen yet but still recommend
The King Cab-A cab company refuses to hire anyone not born in the city of Los Angeles, which causes controversy with the minority specific cab company's in the city. I'm not sure when this is coming out, but I read the story somewhere and I was told it was going to be a movie. The main character is a hard worker but he is very subtly a racist. But it gives a great look into the cab industry and what it has turned into and what matters more, hiring friends and family, or hiring trained professionals.

Pearl Jam twenty-A music documentary about the band pearl jam.

You've been Trumped-Donald trump tries to build a golf course in Ireland but the citizens won't move so trump does some asshat shit to get them off their land. Seriously, fuck donald trump.

Sorry for the really long post, hopefully it was insightful.

Last edited by Everymans; 11-15-2011 at 06:57 PM.
Everymans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:12 PM   #37
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
Water- the great mystery

Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:19 PM   #38
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
If you want to see the ultimate WW2 documentary, check out Ken Burns THE WAR. 14 hours of amazing WW2 footage and stories.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:24 PM   #39
Throw yo paws in da air!

Thanked 2,778 Times in 956 Posts
i love gang documentaries lol so ..interesting

favorite ones are MS13 and 18th street

Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photography Enthusiasts

2008 Infiniti M45X - Y50 (Current)
2000 Honda Prelude SH (Sold)
1995 Dodge Spirit (Sold)
1998 Nissan Maxima SE (Sold)
1996 Honda Prelude SR-V (Sold)
XplicitLuder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:47 PM   #40
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Interesting watch, and not pretentious in the least unlike many art documentaries..

The man who sold hundreds of millions in stolen and forged art, turned vulgar vigilante against the shadowy side of the global art market.

MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:15 PM   #41
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
Love the Beast.
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:18 PM   #42
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
the youtube channel "VICE" has some good/unique mini docs.

The fashion week one was quite fun to watch
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:24 AM   #43
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Old 11-08-2012, 11:22 PM   #44
I STILL don't get it

First Position

Forks over Knives
Shades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:25 PM   #45
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts

this
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:36 AM   #46
Banned By Establishment

I like watching the BBC documentries Planet Earth, Human Planet, Life, Frozen Planet, etc. I like it so much I bought them all on Blu-ray. I also like almost all the documentries from the Vangaurd series on CurrentTV.

http://current.com/shows/vanguard/episodes/
Old 11-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #47
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Anything and everything by Louis Theroux.
JACKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #48
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Follows a class US Navy SEAL's doing their training to become some of the most elite soldiers in the world (6 part series). If this doesn't motivate you, I have no idea what will.
ProBoostin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #49
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
Gasland - About drilling for natural gas in the states, very disturbing and very eye-opening. Will make you hate these big oil/gas companies even more.

Honestly it's one of my all time favs, and worth the watch.

*For those that have seen it, apparently the guy is making a second one?*
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:44 PM   #50
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

there's one on Ralph Nader on youtube I really enjoyed
Isaiah11 is offline   Reply With Quote