REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Relationship & Gender Discussion (https://www.revscene.net/forums/relationship-gender-discussion_17/)
-   -   Online Dating Experiences! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/657358-online-dating-experiences.html)

toyobaru 11-10-2011 11:08 AM

Online Dating Experiences!

Okay! so I've been curious as to hearing any funny, creepy, stupid experiences you have had with online dating. Being new to being single is kind of weird having to get back into the game. Lets admit online dating isnt all what it is. Sure a chicks profile can say looking for a geniune guy blah blah I dont drama etc. But everyone knows this is total BS. How does one not judge a person by their looks when the first thing you look at is their profile pic and say "I WANNA HIT THAT" or "WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING". I certainly wouldnt message a big rig chick. So needless to say feel free to give some tips on how to approach online dating.

JDął 11-10-2011 11:59 AM

Don't waste your time. Absolutely nothing substitutes meeting and getting to know people in person. People can be whoever they want to be online, and sites are filled with fake profiles just to attract new people to sign up. I've got some friends that have tried and they did little more than waste their time or end up meeting women who were nothing like they portrayed online.

There are TONS of good-looking single women in Vancouver. Go talk to them!

sekin67835 11-10-2011 12:02 PM

^

Go join some clubs and meet new people. Even if you don't hit off with them you still make new friends

Alphas dont use dating sites.
Posted via RS Mobile

Glove 11-10-2011 12:07 PM

if your looking for straight up one-nighters,

POF is all pleasure, no business

Liquid_o2 11-10-2011 02:44 PM

My co-worker met someone online and they were married for 6 years. Although they divorced, 6 years is pretty good.

I did a bit of online dating last year, ended up dating a girl for 4 months or so. Didn't work out in the end, but she was fun and a demon in the sack.

There is a lot of garbage you have to wade through though, but its the same in person as well, wherever you.

Culture_Vulture 11-10-2011 03:01 PM

I certainly wouldn't be opposed to meeting people online that later develop into an intimate relationship. Everybody these days are tight on time and/or just can't be bothered to go out just to meet strangers. Meeting people online and getting to know them a little bit there wouldn't be a bad thing at all. As a personal preference though, I wouldn't initiate the start of an intimate relationship without getting to know one another face to face first either though.

The whole stigma about how "real alphas" don't use dating sites and shit like that is bullshit. Real social alphaness operates in any social situation, regardless of space. Saying that only people (men) who can't get laid irl use dating sites is just thickheaded.

Tapioca 11-10-2011 03:23 PM

I've met people through online dating sites and like liquid_o2 has said, there is a lot of garbage you have to sort through. I wouldn't knock it until you've tried it.

I will add that I think it's easier to meet people on real life.
Posted via RS Mobile

MindBomber 11-10-2011 06:03 PM

I created an account on an online dating site about three years ago after my friend met an amazing girl on the same site, I met someone and we dated for 2.5 years, my friend is now very happily married to the girl he met. I also met two girls at the same time as my ex, who I didn't have a romantic connection with, but got along well with and we became good friends. I have no difficulty meeting girls in person, I never have, it's just cool to sort through girls so quickly with online dating.
Posted via RS Mobile

XplicitLuder 11-10-2011 07:22 PM

:troll:

Mr.HappySilp 11-10-2011 08:08 PM

I would say speed dating would work better. At least you can talk to them.

Presto 11-10-2011 08:35 PM

One of my co-workers met their spouse through eHarmony. They got married last month.

Not really racist! 11-10-2011 08:42 PM

My co-worker met her spouse on vancouverxchange and they've been happily married for three years now actually.

xmisstrinh 11-10-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not really racist! (Post 7684499)
My co-worker met her spouse on vancouverxchange and they've been happily married for three years now actually.

ooooh! whooo?

The_AK 11-13-2011 11:43 PM

lol my friend was telling me about all the weird dudes her friend went out with online,
one guy wore a cloak covering his face to a date and took it off midway, i think op's odds on getting a date are pretty good considering thats his competition

Durrann 11-25-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AK (Post 7688073)
lol my friend was telling me about all the weird dudes her friend went out with online,
one guy wore a cloak covering his face to a date and took it off midway, i think op's odds on getting a date are pretty good considering thats his competition

i guess cloak dude didnt look like that in his pictures haha

freakshow 11-25-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AK (Post 7688073)

I'm impressed that his date stayed until half way..

Berzerker 11-25-2011 05:35 PM

I'm a POF pimp. Selection is limited in my current area but when I'm in Van bitches be DTF all the time. My profile is a big joke and not serious at all. I NEVER send first contact messages I only reply and usually the only reason a girl messages me is for "the pleasure" lol.

Berz out.

miss_crayon 11-26-2011 08:52 AM

One if my gfs met her fiance on eharmony and they're getting married next summer. Theyve been together for 3 years and I've never seen her this happy. They are a perfect match and although online dating isn't for everyone it can happen....a real love story I mean
Posted via RS Mobile

quasi 11-27-2011 12:43 PM

I guess I technically met my wife through AOL almost 15 years ago. I was talking to one of her friends on there for a while, she hooked me up with my wife who just happened to go to the same College as I did. The rest as they say is history. I'm willing to bet I have one of the longest running "Online relationships" going because it begun at the onset of internet chat. I say it in quotes because technically I never really talked to my wife online I talked to her frend.

I have a friend who has hooked up with copious amounts of woman off POF. I would say probably more then 100 over the last 4-5 years. He likes the girls with low self esteem so it's no wonder he finds lots on there.

Girl 11-27-2011 06:08 PM

I met my wife on Revscene. She posted a pic of her thong and i pm'd her :troll:

taylorswift13 11-27-2011 07:30 PM

my reaction when browsing the asian chicks on POF...

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...TO7hFT_hX-Z0Sg

Excelsis 11-27-2011 07:36 PM

i was at richmond public library

saw a guy all tat'd up with guns on his bald head plus other creepy tattoes.. :heckno:

and was browsing pof :fuckthatshit:

Lowered_Klass 11-27-2011 08:40 PM

Interesting to see that online dating has lost it's stigma as being a last resort for people looking for love.

Having said that, my god... what a fuckin' zoo that scene is.

I tried it once in a while many years ago. It's a great 'plan b', something to have on the back burner, not to mention it's great for those dry spells. DTF? Was never that hard to meet up with a decently good looking chick, have your balls emptied, and never see her again.

Just be smart, for the love of god. Sooo many crazies out there now. Good rule of thumb, rub one out. Seriously. If you still feel like messaging her/meeting her afterwards, it might be worth it to meet up in person :lol

DanHibiki 11-27-2011 08:48 PM

I've actually done pretty well online. I actually prefer it!

Mostly 'cause I'm such a pussy to initiate in real life :okay:

Tapioca 11-27-2011 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoon_Fed (Post 7706021)

I tried it once in a while many years ago. It's a great 'plan b', something to have on the back burner, not to mention it's great for those dry spells. DTF? Was never that hard to meet up with a decently good looking chick, have your balls emptied, and never see her again.

From my experience, if a woman messages you, you better get your pack of rubbers ready.

I think one's success in online dating pretty much mirrors their success in real life. If a guy is able to score 100s of women online, then he's one of those "5% guys" who is able to score in real life with ease.