REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #1
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Need Advice: Suspension

So I've recently put my coilovers in 2004 G35 Coupe and I'm pretty sure there wasn't an installation problem. They are BC Racing with 10/8 spring rates 30 adjustable dampers

Now my issue is that when I go into parking lots on an incline, my wheel goes really far up into my wheel wells, more so than my previous set up of eibach prokits and stock shocks.

Now the installtion recommends that I preload the springs 5mm. Now what could cause this insane compression of my suspension when I'm going in and out of inclines?

I thought it may have been my dampening settings being too soft, they're currently 15/30, but my friend suggested it may have been my springs, but his spring rates for the same vehicle are 12 and 5/7. With much stiffer dampers on Stance Coilovers

I don't really want to increase the stiffness of my shocks, but eveyrtime I go into a parking lot my front wheels scrapes the plastic in my wheel wells.

Hopefully I posted enough info. Thanks for your help
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:55 PM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,165 Times in 594 Posts
dont worry has nothing to do with stiffening your strut settings anything like that, it's your oem sway bars thats the problem, they are too soft and dont work well alongside stiffer aftermarket coils...

front and rear sway bars will fix this body roll issue, it's what they were designed for... i have a pair myself i still have to install, when i go into parking lots i scrape especially in the back. The only thing you have to worry about though, is once you install them instead of the wheels tucking and suspension flexing, the wheel will literally lift off the ground so you will have no grip, you could actually get stuck going up parking lots that way, i've done it before in my RX7

you can get a set of good sway bars from the forums for between $200 and $300 shipped, pretty cheap... and they are usually stiffer than oem around 100% to 200% depending on which brand name and model you go with
these motordyne ones are adjustable to between 120% to 180% stiffer than oem, i think they are just over $200 shipped, go check the marketplace on G35 driver or my350

Last edited by G-spec; 11-10-2011 at 01:00 PM.
G-spec is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-11-2011, 10:30 AM   #3
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

^ thanks man, well hopefully i can find a cheap set.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote