REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 06:18 PM   #26
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLegend604 View Post
thank you spamtofu and to sky high of course making a thread on revscene is easier than navigating a site for the answers, ya ill admit im a lil lazy at times but what the hell do you think forums are for? (to get answers from real life ppl when ur too lazy to go look for them urself) if you didnt alrdy know.
No, a forum is not your personal search engine.
Dont ask stupid questions if you dont want stupid answers
Advertisement
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #27
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,100 Times in 259 Posts
Your fucking retarded, how hard is it to open up google and go to it. Use google first, and then if you still cant find it then ask. Holy fuck.
Previous
1977 Firebird 5.7
1987 Iroc-Z 2.5
1998 Firebird 3.8
1992 BMW 325i 2.5
1994 Dodge Ram 5.2
1996 Dodge Ram 5.9
1996 Cavalier Z22 2.2
1997 Mustang Cobra 4.6
Old 11-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #28
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post
You are welcome

Posted via RS Mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidRat View Post
now he's going to go and do it. you dbag
TRDood, you asshole, you're going to create another Bradford Chow.

RS has enough people who know people who'll get google to shut us down with one call.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
Old 11-10-2011, 08:10 PM   #29
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

I promise this is the last thing ill post to the haters on this thread......Get a life...you lonely goofs..raging on a thread because someone ask how much it cost to get a car across on the ferry is a pathetic reason to rage no matter how stupid you personally think it is, at the end of the day its an honest question THAT doesnt offend anybody, so getting all angry as if I slapped you in the face is in one simple word "sad". It's especially sad when ive been on revscene for under a month and i see a buncha of nerd rage'rs come out in full force over a question that couldve been answered with a simple number, like you dont even need to use words to give an answer to this thread topic how petty is that? so i dont know if its because alot of the members here are going through a rough patch in life or revscene somehow got flooded with a bunch of immatuer teenagers so far this is one sad ass automotive community some of you mods should be ashamed of this kinda shit.
feel free to qoute this and make some smart ass reply ill just know theres another piece of trash creeping these forums
Old 11-10-2011, 08:12 PM   #30
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird79_00 View Post
Your fucking retarded, how hard is it to open up google and go to it. Use google first, and then if you still cant find it then ask. Holy fuck.
Maybe he's not good with computers or has been living under a rock for the last 15 years. Whatever thats understandable....
but this.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDood View Post
You should also look into duties and taxes bringing back the vehicle to the mainland. Bring the car in for inspection and go to Blaine and tell them that you got the car from thr island.
Posted via RS Mobile
Quote:
what i meant by any usefull tips
thank you
if half the ppl replying to the original question got a life this thread wouldve needed 2 replies max

Old 11-10-2011, 08:12 PM   #31

Quote:
I promise this is the last thing ill post to the haters on this thread......Get a life...you lonely goofs..raging on a thread because someone ask how much it cost to get a car across on the ferry is a pathetic reason to rage no matter how stupid you personally think it is, at the end of the day its an honest question THAT doesnt offend anybody, so getting all angry as if I slapped you in the face is in one simple word "sad". It's especially sad when ive been on revscene for under a month and i see a buncha of nerd rage'rs come out in full force over a question that couldve been answered with a simple number, like you dont even need to use words to give an answer to this thread topic how petty is that? so i dont know if its because alot of the members here are going through a rough patch in life or revscene somehow got flooded with a bunch of immatuer teenagers so far this is one sad ass automotive community some of you mods should be ashamed of this kinda shit.
feel free to qoute this and make some smart ass reply ill just know theres another piece of trash creeping these forums
LOL THIS GUY MAD
cool story brah tell us more
Old 11-10-2011, 08:16 PM   #32
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Quote:
Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahha, the replies in this thread are VERY tame compared to the same type of question asked on different forums.

Welcome to the internetz you fucking cry baby.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:31 PM   #33

This is a forum, not a chat room. I'm certain that if you asked the question in the RS Chat box on the main forum page, you'd get a nearly instant response.

The way I see it, something is "thread-worthy" if it is capable of being discussed. (Hence "forum", not "Yahoo Answers".) I'm not going to start a new thread with a question like "Hey RS, how much will a 2-zone all-day transit pass cost me?" That's ridiculous.

FYI, we have a thread for questions like yours: http://www.revscene.net/forums/65334...ad-thread.html
Old 11-10-2011, 08:55 PM   #34
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
Quote:
ya i wanted to know how much the the ferry charges to bring the car over....if its free than woops
YES OP, taking the ferry is free.
Going to the gas station is free.
Head into an ICBC insurance broker, your insurance is free too.
Everything is free

This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2011, 08:59 PM   #35

Hey guys just wondering how much everquest gold it'll cost to get out into rl and do something so simple thousands do it everyday? Couldn't ask my guild cuz they're from out of town. tia.

Tumblr
1980 Datsun 280Z: sold 1995 Subaru Justy rip
1990 Civic Si: sold 1991 NA6 Miata rip
1989 240sx coupe: sold 1990 NA8 Miata current
1987 Corolla GTS Hatch: rip
1986 200sx hatch: sold
1989 Rb'd 240sx hatch: sold
Old 11-10-2011, 09:17 PM   #36
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,284 Times in 420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
Hey guys just wondering how much everquest gold it'll cost to get out into rl and do something so simple thousands do it everyday? Couldn't ask my guild cuz they're from out of town. tia.
WOW?!?
Old 11-10-2011, 09:25 PM   #37

I will drive it over for you for $500 + ferry and gas money
This post thanked by:
Old 11-10-2011, 09:30 PM   #38
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,121 Times in 669 Posts
This week i encountered two idiots
1.simnut
2.TLegend604

btw i failed all your reponse TLegend604
u mad?
Old 11-11-2011, 09:00 AM   #39
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,100 Times in 259 Posts
A) No ones raging
B) Were failing you because your a fucking idiot
Previous
1977 Firebird 5.7
1987 Iroc-Z 2.5
1998 Firebird 3.8
1992 BMW 325i 2.5
1994 Dodge Ram 5.2
1996 Dodge Ram 5.9
1996 Cavalier Z22 2.2
1997 Mustang Cobra 4.6
Old 11-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #40
Old School RS

Thanked 3,926 Times in 1,196 Posts
To the OP, welcome to Revscene, I'm really sorry that everybody has been so mean to you! It looks like you got your answer on the ferry costs already but dont forget to leave room in your budget for the import duty. When a car that is registered on the island comes to the mainland, you are charged a 9.9% mainland duty that is payable when you drive it on the ferry. You can get the seller to make a bill of sale with a lower price though so you only pay the duty on the lower amount.

Then once you get the out of province inspection done on the mainland (I recommend taking it to the Acura dealer, especially if it's an older TL, they really know what they are doing and are DEFINITELY the cheapest place around), you can get it registered (it will say on your registration that it was originally an island car) and you'll be able to drive your sweet new TL!

Hope this helps,
Mark
Old 11-11-2011, 11:14 AM   #41
Banned By Establishment

Find a boat launch in Victoria, and just let your car swim back to the mainland. It will not cost you a dime.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #42
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

you also have to understand, victoria does not have air care.
if the car you are bringing to van requires aircare... you will have that extra step
Old 11-11-2011, 06:03 PM   #43
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnail View Post
you also have to understand, victoria does not have air care.
if the car you are bringing to van requires aircare... you will have that extra step
Wow. Good concentration, oldsnail. I was too busy laughing my ass off to think of something helpful.

Thanks for the laughs, OP.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:23 AM   #44
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

I won't flame you here but I hope you can look at this matter in some of ours perspective. The whole reason you've been getting these kinda response is due to you making a worthless thread here that can be easily accessible through internet.

Let me ask you this, if this behavior is to recur in a daily basis, would you want to come up to this forum every first thing you see is a bunch of these thread flooded the whole front few pages sinking all the worthy thread down, which makes all of us browsing this forum needing to dig through the pile of junks?

That's the reason sir, there's what we call a worthy thread or a non-worthy thread.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:47 AM   #45
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts

how could no1 have mentioned the rcmp vehicle inspection required to be allowed to drive in the lower mainland?

you'll need to go to your local police station or you can get one from a police officer you encounter on the road, if you don't get one you'll get pulled over and ticketed along with having to get the VI (i just saved you some money)
Old 11-12-2011, 07:10 AM   #46
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Hey man.

If you buy this cool machine you'll save the cost of the ferry ride.

straight up nasty right right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyZ32 View Post
Thats because you end up getting creepy pie like mine that makes you not want to eat it hha ...thats why its cheap ...
Old 11-12-2011, 12:29 PM   #47
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

You make it seem like your car is being imported from the states or something, because it taking a ferry doesn't cost much.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:47 PM   #48
private modder

Thanked 2,602 Times in 730 Posts
Quote:
Hi, im considering buying a car over in victoria and moving it to vancouver im guessing by ferry and wanted to know if anyone who's done that before knows the exact cost to do so. Any usefull tips before i try to attempt this will help too .
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2011, 07:00 PM   #49
RabidMod

Thanked 1,070 Times in 395 Posts
Shit you guys are fucking assholes

Closing thread - I think he gets the point.