REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-11-2011, 08:28 AM   #26
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

my car is not low. It's lowered on h&r lowering springs and is the same height now or similar as a stock 07 civic coupe (friend has one)
Advertisement

Last edited by RSXBoii; 11-11-2011 at 06:00 PM.
RSXBoii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:50 AM   #27
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
If it's the poor installation, it'd have already fallen off, unless you stored the car for 2 months. I think somebody fucked with your car while its parked.
Posted via RS Mobile
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #28
no

Thanked 6,046 Times in 1,220 Posts
^i agree

meadowtown parkinglot is infamous for little hs punks pulling off pranks on people's car...
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:02 PM   #29
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 1,105 Times in 540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990TSI View Post
I may not be a bumper engineer, but i don't see how someone incorrectly installing parts 2 months ago would cause your bumper to break in half at speed ...
Having had my AC condenser replaced which required removal of the bumper, I can comment on this. The dealer did not install all the underbody panel hardware, and one of the panels came loose and got stuck under the tire. Luckily the panel came free of the bumper, yet if it hadn't, I would've been in the same situation as the OP with a front bumper ripped off and chewed up by the tire.

OP, good luck on this. I went back and got the dealer to replace all the hardware, yet this happened within a week.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:55 PM   #30
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark View Post

meadowtown parkinglot is infamous for little hs punks pulling off pranks on people's car...
The 'children' that frequent meadowtown hardly have the mental capacity, or the intelect, to start un-installing his bumper. It would have been something much more obvious, like smearing their shit all over his car like a bunch of retarded monkeys.

I say the installation may not have been done right. Like taylor mentioned, if something wasn't installed properly, it doesn't always mean it will fall off the car while you're still in the shop's parking lot. Maybe something worked itself loose over the past while, and came apart. Definitely seems fishy though... shitty to have all those parts gone
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:23 PM   #31
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Which Evolution installed it?

There's a shop going by that name in New West (I think) and another in Maple Ridge, the Maple Ridge shop has a great reputation and the New West shop has a horrible reputation and a history of issues after install.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:07 PM   #32
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
Which Evolution installed it?

There's a shop going by that name in New West (I think) and another in Maple Ridge, the Maple Ridge shop has a great reputation and the New West shop has a horrible reputation and a history of issues after install.
The maple ridge one, Bro. They're completley BSing and saying they werent the last ones to have worked on the car so its not their responsibility...BECAUSE I TOOK IT TO A TIRE SHOP TO PUT ON NEW WHEELS...it took them 5 minutes and they didnt touch the rest of the car

im so rattled
RSXBoii is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-11-2011, 02:09 PM   #33
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSXBoii View Post
The maple ridge one, Bro. They're completley BSing and saying they werent the last ones to have worked on the car so its not their responsibility...BECAUSE I TOOK IT TO A TIRE SHOP TO PUT ON NEW WHEELS...it took them 5 minutes and they didnt touch the rest of the car

im so rattled
That's BS.

Up until now I've heard nothing but good things about Evolution, I'd be a lot more hesitant to take my car to them now. Hopefully they'll step up after seeing this thread..
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #34
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Why should they step up for someone who had something happen 2 months after an install. What if someone was trying to jack his lip and fog lights in the parking lot but got interrupted and left a few bolts loose? You can't blame a shop for something 2 months later when many factors could be involved. IF you can prove faulty installation then by all means you can bitch about the shop but if you can't....

Berz out.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:12 PM   #35
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
love how everyone jumps on the shop that did the install.

the front bumper is held in place from tabs in the area between the headlights, the fender, and then the undertray attaches to the bottom of the bumper.

if it was 2 months ago, and you have been driving around for this long, the bumper would have and should have ripped off 2 months ago.

so much easier to point fingers. with everything that you said that you have done to your vehicle, u dont think someone could possibly be after your car and your add ons?

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-11-2011, 03:19 PM   #36
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

fuckin youngins.

WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING

- contact icbc, explain what had happened.

if you had work done on the car 2 months ago, and the bumper wasnt secured, and you have been driving the car for 2 months now, then chances are, ITS NOT RELATED. most bumpers are just bumper covers, if it wasnt done right, it would have fell off a while ago.

- they will consider this as collision, and will either sue the city on your behalf, or consider it as comprehensive theft, which you will still have to pay for your deductible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSXBoii View Post
Im at a loss for words right now. I was driving back from Cineplex Odeon Meadowtown in pitt meadows on lougheed towards coquitlam and suddenly I feel like my front lip flys off. i was driving on a flat straight part. my friend is driving near me and says holy shit through his window and i go park and half my bumper came off along with my front lip and one fog light....its fucked up. I was so rattled. this was like 20 minutes ago FYI.

I got my headlights installed at Evolution Auto Performance along with the lip and fog lights. You need to take off the bumper to install the headlights so yeahh....

im not sure what the fuck to do. any help would be appreciated

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:21 PM   #37
Corny FTW!! MOD

Dude shit happens. Its only normal to try and lay blame to someone. But really they took your bumper off 2 months ago. Did you notice a bumper sag when you got it back? Chalk it up to bad luck shit happens to cars all the time. I know the guys at evolution. I'm sure if this happened within a week of when they worked on your car they'd help you out. 2 months is way too long and plenty of things could have happened without you knowing.
Posted via RS Mobile
FeistyBearH22a is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #38
NSX
NA1

Sorry to hear.

Last edited by NSX; 11-12-2011 at 12:26 PM.
NSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #39
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,111 Times in 633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
fuckin youngins.

WHAT YOU SHOULD BE DOING

- contact icbc, explain what had happened.

if you had work done on the car 2 months ago, and the bumper wasnt secured, and you have been driving the car for 2 months now, then chances are, ITS NOT RELATED. most bumpers are just bumper covers, if it wasnt done right, it would have fell off a while ago.

- they will consider this as collision, and will either sue the city on your behalf, or consider it as comprehensive theft, which you will still have to pay for your deductible.
curious and cause you seem to have experience here- ICBC subrogates against the city for a single car MVA without any evidence that it was the citys fault?
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #40
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

they have to get evidence.

my evidence was a 10in long metal nail that popped out of a metal plate that the city put in to work on the street.

at first they will treat it as a collision, they will pursue the city to recoop the cost of the accident. if the city accepts fault, there will be nothing against the driver or his/her insurance record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
curious and cause you seem to have experience here- ICBC subrogates against the city for a single car MVA without any evidence that it was the citys fault?

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors

Old 11-11-2011, 08:57 PM   #41
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,111 Times in 633 Posts
holy negligence!
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:50 PM   #42
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeistyBearH22a
Its only normal to try and lay blame to someone.
Yup.. that's what's wrong with society now - everyone has to blame someone else.

Can't shrug and say "oh well, shit happens". Someone else has to pay, even if it's no one's fault.

And I don't believe for a second.. you were driving that slow.