REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 4,970 Times in 385 Posts
Recommendation: MMA Training in Vancouver

Hello RS,

I'm becoming more interested in MMA. I've noticed that I deal w/ a lot of hard people, and I'm just worried that if a fight breaks out I wouldn't be able to defend myself.
I've been wanting to train MMA since the eighth grade, but my parents never let me LOL but I have a job now so I can pay for the tuition myself

Have any of you been to Franco's Kickboxing/Pankration? People say it's good, but idunno ...
I wanted to sign up @ Dynamic MMA awhile ago, but they relocated from Oakridge to Richmond so far

Muay Thai would probably be my favourite

Can anyone provide any insight? I don't really care what kind of MMA it is; I want to be able to defend myself, not become an MMA fighter. I want to be trained by only the finest in Vancouver LOLOL

Thanks in advance

V yeah that's what I mean ... self-defence + how to fuck a bitch up or incapacitate someone HAHAH and iunno, i'm not a kung fu/TKD/karate guy. i'd rather be aggressive
Advertisement

Last edited by V4NC1TY; 11-18-2011 at 10:59 PM. Reason: reply
V4NC1TY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:52 PM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,628 Times in 718 Posts
MMA isn't really for self defense techniques but more to fight aggressively which you could still learn how to defend yourself but you'd have more luck learning self defense from kung fu or hapkido
Excelsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:04 PM   #3
kwy
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,715 Times in 595 Posts
I think there's already a thread on Vancouver MMA gyms.
kwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:00 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

Alot of good fighters have come out of the Astoria boxing club. I trained there for a few years. Its kind of a stinky place. But great place otherwise. Most of the Karate type guys i have encountered were were worthless fighters, seriously.
Outreach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:22 PM   #5
Banned (ABWS)

Machida is putting Karate on the map though haha. He is obviously got the whole package though.
Outreach is offline   Reply With Quote