REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 11-29-2011, 09:14 AM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!

How To Disable Shaw Wifi

I got the new Shaw Cisco wifi modem and want to use my Dlink router instead. Is there some tutorial on how to get it working. I'm having a bitch of time setting this thing up.
Advertisement
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:20 AM   #2
Got MOD?

You need to contact Shaw and request them to put the Cisco into Bridge mode as it can only be done by them. Once they do that your Cisco should reboot and only work as a modem from then on. I did online chat and got them to do it in 15min. Will probably be a lot longer if u call them.
My Feedback (50-0-0)

!MiKrofT is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2011, 09:42 AM   #3
Rs has made me the man i am today!

thanks for the quick reply
fsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:50 AM   #4
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,825 Times in 3,905 Posts
look on the bottom of the modem...there should be info how on to get access into the admin page and you should likely be able to disable wifi in the settings there.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:29 AM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS

Call them up to get it done. Shouldn't be a hassle.

In other words..

I would love to insult you but you wouldn't understand.
TekDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:14 PM   #6
Got MOD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
look on the bottom of the modem...there should be info how on to get access into the admin page and you should likely be able to disable wifi in the settings there.
You can do that but you'd still be unnecessarily going through 2 routers.
My Feedback (50-0-0)

Old 11-29-2011, 12:26 PM   #7
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,398 Times in 3,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekDragon View Post
Call them up to get it done. Shouldn't be a hassle.
Unless you are put on hold for 8 hours.
Old 11-29-2011, 01:55 PM   #8
Got MOD?

That's why I suggested online chat. Took me like 15min.
My Feedback (50-0-0)

Old 11-29-2011, 05:04 PM   #9
ddr
Snapping away

i've been on hold by phone and waiting on chat for >20 minutes. this is brutal. the tech was also 1.5 hours late and told me he had 9 hours of work fit in a single afternoon. he didn't seem too enthusiastic about waiting for the modem/router to work, or calling in to have the firmware w/ bridge-mode pushed to me. oh wellz.... i'll get thru somehow.

finally got to a chat agent at 7:35. ZZzzzzz...

if any of you only require the modem to be hooked up or given to you, DON'T!. for the broadband50+TV promo, you are required to have the digital terminal setup, otherwise the order cannot be completed and your account will only be showing the broadbadn50, which is $7x/month. kind of silly if you ask me, i refused the TV install because i get way more channels from my landlord, but this promo was cheaper than extreme alone. the CSR had to be creative and set me up for basic TV (doesn't require the digital terminal) + broadbad50 in the meantime until my next appointment to keep the total plan cost down. Frankly, I see a billing nightmare for next month.

Last edited by ddr; 11-29-2011 at 07:45 PM.
ddr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #10
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I'm home for the weekend and have the horrible wait times. I will say we're getting fucked in BC because either I'm the luckiest man alive or they have different wait times in different Provinces. I called the shaw toll free number from Sask. and was able to talk to someone in less then 3 minutes, it caught me off guard.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote